Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Jan Marini TGF Transformation Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Have used this serum for a few days now. and i really love the texture of the serum. Not oily at all for my combination skin, and hee....no zits so far.

Skin feels smoother and my pores look abit more refined, these few days after using it.

Will continue using. Smile
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Jan Marini Transformation Face Serum (30 ml /1 floz)
Jan Marini Transformation Face Serum (30 ml /1 floz)

Jan Marini Skin Research presents a state-of-the-art formulation that combines two newly developed Pentapeptides with Thymosin beta-4, Transformation Growth Factor beta-1, and Vascular Growth Factor for the latest in breakthrough anti-aging technology.

skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Have used this for almost 3 weeks now since my last review. And i must say that this product really work. I noticed that some of my fine lines near to my mouth are gone and the pores on my cheeks have sort of gotten smaller.

I am so happy of the result, will continue with this and hopefully to see more improvements. Smile
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Pulling this up for "grumpy"

Hey, grumpy. You can read my review above on the Jan Marini Serum . I have not tried the cream but i should think that the function of the transformation serum is quite similar to the cream except that it is lighter in texture and hence penetrates deeper into the skin. Smile I have already finished my bottle.
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I've been using thiam product for a year alternating it w/ retinol and c products. My skin is clear and I don't wear make-up.
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I love this product
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my 3rd bottle & happy with this product.
Definitely, a keeper !
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Pulled this up as I am harassing people on the Bioglycolic thread - wanted to poll cream v/s serum. I don't see the difference on the EDS website.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it for a short while and love it. I've seen people refer to it as a light moisturizer but isn't it supposed to be more than that? It has some kind of growth factors in it.

Does anyone know how it compares to ReVive?
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
i have this serum, i got it in the travel kit.. i got the serum cause all the reviews on mua say its like a light moisturizer.

well i dont know if i like this or not.. ive been using it for 2 weeks. i can say that it is NOT like a lotion or light moisturizer.. mine is like a typical sticky gel like serum that doesnt absorb.

serum users.. is this normal? or did i just get a dud

cant wait to try the cream
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
smqueen, I use a very little amount of it. Don't put too much on. I think maybe you put too much.
Try it next time. I don't feel it's sticky at all.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Agent, the only difference in choosing between the cream and the lotion is whether you have oily, dry or normal skin. Get the cream if you're dry and the lotion if oily/normal. I'm dry so I always use creams. Even in the summertime

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 4:50 am      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
smqueen, I use a very little amount of it. Don't put too much on. I think maybe you put too much.
Try it next time. I don't feel it's sticky at all.

I agree with lbianca that you may want to try using less - a good rule of thumb with all of JM's serums --C Esta, Trans, Bioclear, etc.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
What are the active ingredients in this product, and what is it actually supposed to "do"? I'm not really familiar with Jan Marini products (except the eyelash stuff).

Thanks
Dianne
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Dianne -- from the EDS website:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/jan-marini-tgf-transforma-p_1776.htm

Description:
Jan Marini Skin Research Transformation Serum represents breakthrough technology focusing on TGF Beta-1 (transforming growth factor) and its ability to act as a cellular mediator by signaling certain activities that are necessary for maintaining young appearing healthy skin. Medical studies indicate that transforming growth factor (TGF Beta-1) is unparalleled in enhancing the factors that are critical to healing as well as stimulating collagen and elastin production. Results are rapid and dramatic. In addition to the benefits of TGF Beta-1, the serum itself in comprised of extraordinary ingredients. We have added NayadTM, hyaluronic acid, our unique hydrating complex and a new liposome delivery system pioneered by Jan Marini Skin Research. Our micronized liposome technology is thousands of times smaller than conventional systems. So small, in fact, that each carrier bead is 1/20th the size of a red blood cell! Even more dynamic, our new liposome structure is in a time released format so that the essential components of the serum are targeted continuously and precisely over extended periods of time.

Transformation Serum is an oil-free fluid that absorbs immediately, leaving a noticeably smoother and more refined texture. Patients will experience immediate benefits as well as long-term measurable changes. Transformation Serum can be used in combination with glycolic acid products, Retin-ATM, other topical medications, moisturizers and makeup.
Features & Benefits:
Suitable for all skin types
Oil free, non-comedogenic formula absorbs immediately
Immediately leaves the skin noticeably smoother and retexurized
Formulation includes added therapeutic and anti-aging agents such as Nayad, Hyaluronic Acid and our unique hydrating complex
New timed release micronized delivery system. Each carrier bead is 1/20th the size of a red blood cell
Medical studies show enhanced wound healing as well as properties that appear to reverse and prevent many of the visible signs of aging
Results are rapid and dramatic
Compatible with glycolic acid products, Retin-A, topical medications, moisturizers and make-up

Skin Types:
all

Useage:
May be applied in the morning and the evening or alternated with another product and applied once daily only. Smooth sparingly (1 to 3 drops) over clean skin, to entire face, eye area and neck. May be used over Bioglycolic products and/or C-ESTA products. Recommended to be used as part of an overall professionally managed skin care program.

Ingredients:
Deionized Water, Butylene Glycol, Yeast Extract Nayad S, Transforming Growth Factor, Nylon-12, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerin, Comfrey, Indian Plantain Extract and Wheat Hydrolzate, Cucumber Extract, Arnica Extract, Elder Tree Extract, Pellitory Extract, Wood Extract, Mallow Extract, Ivy Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol (and) Propylparaben, Carbomer 940, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Triethanolamine

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Very lightweight yet moisturizing, a very nice product for combo-oily skin.
Jesselyn
5% products discount

Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi, can people update this thread please? I'm debating whether to try this. Thanks
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jesselyn,

I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and like it so far. It seems a simple and good cream (though not cheap) for am and pm use. Complements the Bioclear lotion. Smells of pinacolada!!!
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Like I posted upthread, I'm very happy with it. Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Bringing up this old thread. Are there any people still using and liking this? I am very interested in the c-esta and the transformation serum for when I finish Obagi, but would like updated comments from users on what your results have been. Thanks in advance!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi rileygirl,

I'm on my second pot of the cream and still like it a lot. I also ordered the c-esta and it's a good c serum to use under the bioclear, followed by the tgf cream. My only issue with the c-esta is the "weird" smell (at least to me). Some sort of smell similar to c/e ferulic (hot dog type of smell). Don't get me wrong, it soon dissipates but I hate going through that step and later during the day, if I go running or something, my skin heats up and I get another whiff of the c-esta. blleeegghhh! Having said all this, if you don't mind the smell, the c-esta is a good thing for combo-skin. And, I'm really happy with the cream. I keep sending dollbird good vibes for convincing me to buy it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi, agent. Can you tell me if this has helped with diminishing of wrinkles, etc. for you? I was recommended (by an online deal) to use the C-esta eye repair and the c-esta lotion, but they did not mention either the TGF or new age intervention serum so I am not sure which of these to try!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl, I *think* that the transformation cream has helped somewhat with wrinkles. I am lucky not to have anything too deep but my skin looks plumper after I put the cream on. I don't think it's long-term though..Sad I don't think the c-esta has helped with wrinkles but it seems to help with brightening the skin. Again, this is suble not a 100-watt bulb thing at all!!! I haven't used any of the JM eye cream, which is where I have fine lines.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much Agent for getting back to me! Very Happy
ben_253
5% products discount

Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
For me, the cream wins hands down.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All,
I have been in love with the JM Bioclear cream since i got it a few months back. Now I want to try the TGF Transformation serum or cream. I want to use it in the day time b/c I use the bioclear cream at night.

Can anyone reccomend if I get the TGT Transfromation Cream or serum?

I have wierd skin- its dry after washing, but gets oily as the day goes on.
I usually need something really moisuturizing underneath my makeup to make it go on smoothly.

I have tried the bioclear lotion and it didnt seem moisurizing enough for my skin.

Does anyone have a reccommendation on purchasing the cream or the serum- is one better than the other? (there is an $11 price difference btwn the two)
Right now I am leaning more towards the cream.

Thanks all!
CG
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |