Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
what kind of supplements shoul i take for my skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tammymamtam
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
i have been reading a lot of your post and everyone has such great tips. does anyone know what kind of supplements i should be taking for skin? i am 45 and starting to get the dreaded dark circles and wrinkles.
Wendyb
5% products discount

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I am 53 and people tell me I look much younger. My complexion and skin have become dramatically brighter and clearer and even strong since I started this regiment. I have normal to dry skin. I believe that skin care starts inside. I drink plenty of water, take 200 miligrams a day (100 in morning & 100 at night)of Hyaluronic acid, I take 1/2 MSM a day,(1/4 teaspoon in morning and at night). MSM is great for hair and nails also. Every night I spread a few drops of emu oil all over my face and neck and just let it sit for about 20 minutes. It seems to absorbe just fine for me. Then I follow with a good moisturizer. (I do not remove the emu oil) Next morning I use plain witch hazel for astrengent. Then gently wipe my face with a warm damp cloth. I then apply a few drops of emu oil again let it sit for about 20 minutes whild i go about getting ready for my morning, then I apply my moisturizer on top of the emu oil. I use Revlon Colorstay make up which is kind of dry so all that oil and moisturizer works just fine for me. If your make up is not as drying you might try using the warm damp cloth to remove any of the emu oil that did not get absorbed before putting on your regular moisturizer. I try also to eat a lot of green leafy vegetables. I plan on trying the asprin mask this weekend that everyone on this site raves about. I am sure it is a good one. the MSM and Hyaluronic acid are good suppliments for your skin and I cannot say enough about the emu oil.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I'm a big believer in supplements! Of course I think everyone should take a good multi-vitamin, but on top of that good ones to take for skin are brewers yeast, shiitake/reishi/maitake mushroom, and green tea. Hope this helps!
tammymamtam
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
i have heard good things about emu oil. what kind do you use?
Wendyb
5% products discount

Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I only use 100% emu oil. I buy it off of the internet. It just says Pure Australian Emu Oil. I love it.
tammymamtam
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
i saw emu oil at the health food store it was only 4.99 do you think it would work/
MeAue

Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I went and got some yesterday - and I've got to say I am impressed. It soaks in differently than other oils (quickly and without a heavy greasy feeling). I even dabbed a bit on over my makeup yesterday after buying - on my undereye and crow's feet - WOW within a few minutes the area looked great! My face is nice and smooth this morning. I'm curious as to the long term use - testimonials say it gets even better. BTW - my 2 oz. bottle cost me $19.99 - but I got it at and tiny local pharmacy. It is not Australian Emu oil - made from American Emus. But an emu is an emu is an emu, right?
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I have the emu oil, but only use it on burns, or bruises. Will try to use it on my face.
Thanks for the information.
MeAue

Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
WendyB I love you!!! Today when I went to put on my makeup - what the hey! my dark circles under my eyes have diminished so much I didn't even use concealer - and that has never happened to me. This is my holy grail. This emu oil is working for me!! And all this after only 2 applications. I didn't even think it would help the dark circles but it's done that plus fine lines, etc. are much, much more diminished. This is exactly what I have been looking for for years - everybody's skin is different but this is the bomb for me! Thank you so much.
Wendyb
5% products discount

Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
You are so welcome! I am glad it works for you. All I can say to anyone else is it works for me. I won't be without it. It seems to make my pores smaller too. I don't use as much foundational make up as I used to and my skin is so soft now. I guess emu oil is emu oil. I would not hesitate to buy it from off the shelf as long as I felt the product was pure. Some people have said it has a smell but I do not notice a smell and I have a pretty good smeller. If it did not smell right to me I would try another brand. So GLAD you like it.
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I was doing a search on Ebay and see you can buy Emu oil capsules, has anyone tried them?

Also saw 100% Pure Australian Emu Oil 30ml for £3.49 - worth a go I suppose! - Just bought some so will report back in a week or so!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Omega3 is good for the skin. Very Happy
productjunkie76
5% products discount

Wed May 03, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
food based supplements are good
bcomplex, calcium/magnesium, zinc, vit c, omega 3's, hyaluronic acid
probiotics are good for digestion which in turn helps skin by helping elimination of toxins and stuff from ur body.
dream4more
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Super Green food is a complete whole food supplement that helps to balance out the pH, has vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, probiotics, etc. My preferred choice is Progreens. Kind of hard to choke down at first but you kind of get used to the taste.
Syr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 7:12 am      Reply with quote
productjunkie76 wrote:
food based supplements are good
bcomplex, calcium/magnesium, zinc, vit c, omega 3's, hyaluronic acid
probiotics are good for digestion which in turn helps skin by helping elimination of toxins and stuff from ur body.

Great advice.
I would only add vitamin E (mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols) if your skin is mostly dry, and vitamin A (beta-carotene) if its oily.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |