Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Dr. Hauschka - should I go for it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Usra

Mon May 08, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm a new poster to this forum but I have long appreciated the advice/product reviews you share. I have a question of my own that I was hoping you could provide some feedback on.

I recently purchase the Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronzer and - beyond loving it as a makeup - noticed some positive changes in my skin overall. In fact, even my partner commented. That got me thinking - should I try the whole Dr. Hauschka line? I have extremely dry, sensitive skin on my cheek and forehead area and clogged pore problems on my chin. I was thinking of buying the kit to try out all the products. My question (or, I suppose, questions) are:

1. How long will the products last?
2. Is it worth buying the kit to try out the whole regime or would you suggest buying full sizes of certain products?
3. Has anyone with sensitive/combo skin had a really negative experience with the line?

TIA for any feedback.

Cheers,

usra
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Usra, I use Dr. Hauschka skin care line and i love it.
I begin with the Cleansing Milk to clean dirt, oil and light make-up. Then i use the Cleansing cream after to give a gentle exfoilation. Then i use the facial toner. Usually with starting the Dr. Haushcka line, you would get a purdging process which is a process that brings impurities from deep down pores to the surface of the skin in forms of whiteheads. The purdging process can last anywhere between a few days to a few weeks. And after you breakout, you will see improvements of your skin. I have dry skin, and this product moisturizes and doesnt dry my skin.
I dont think a sample pack would be enough to see improvements of your skin. You will probably break out the first week when using this line (which most ppl do breakout = purdging process)
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Dr H will certainly help with sensitive skin. The entire line is free of harsh chemicals.

I love the Rose day cream, I used it in a cold dry winter in Beijing and it did wonders to keep my skin from cracking. Their day creams and moisturising masks for dry skins are really great for a moisture boost.

The actual full size products last a surprisingly long time for their size + cost. Though it is recommended to not keep the product (ie be stingy) for too long because they are natural and use minimal amounts of natural preservatives.

Personally I have not gone through any purging horrors like many others, but if blackheads were a problem then unfortunately you may see some purging but gotta be careful not to mistake it for 'adverse reactions'. I have read quite a few reviews of people breaking out badly from the Dr H cleansing cream. It seems like reactions to Dr H are very either/or - either your skin reacts well to it or totally cannot tolerate it, but I think that's more of a personal skin sensitivity issue rather than the products being at fault.

But you can certainly just buy a sample kit for dry skin and see if your skin will like the texture of the products.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I always think to sample first before purchasing full-sizes. You may find that theres something that just doesnt agree with you, or that you just dont like using. I did get breakouts with the cleansing cream, but in all fairness, it was the only product I used as opposed to a regime, which is probably the way I should have tried it. Having said that my skin is very different from yours, and ALOT of people on this forum swear by Dr H, in fact it seems to be one of the most consistent and reliable brands overall, and affordable to boot. I say go for the trial option and enjoy!
(but dont listen to me, I'm a natural sales person and love to get people to spend Laughing )Goodluck!!!
Mabsy

Tue May 09, 2006 2:36 am      Reply with quote
I really love Dr Hauscka products - the only ones that have not agreed with me are the eye cream and also their shampoo :s

Seeing as you have sensitive skin, I would suggest that you go with a trial pack to begin with, just to make sure that you don't have any severe reactions. It would be a shame to buy many full size products and then find that are area allergic to some natural ingredient in it. I think how long the trial products last will depend on the product. I guess the cleansing cream would last about a week and this might be similar or a bit longer for the cleansing lotion. The creams should last much longer than this. You might see some positive results in this time or you may not. I saw great results after using the Dr Hauschka cleansing cream for two weeks twice daily.

Good luck and please keep us updated on how you go with these products!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Definitely try them out!! I'd recommend using the sample pack...you can stretch that out for a few weeks if I remember correctly. It's a great line and I love it, but it's better to test out the trial pack just in case you have a reaction.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest a trial pack before you invest. I used the follwing and had a terrible experience.

-Cleansing Milk
-Cleansing Cream
-Clarifying Toner
-Rose Day Cream
-Ampls

My skin loved it for about a week and then all "you know what" broke loose. I thought it was the "purging" process but it took about 2 months of using these products to realize that purging or no purging I was DONE with Dr. H. I wish you the best of luck because so many people on there love these products. I think I have a sensitivity to Essential Oils which is why Dr. H didnt work for me. My skin is finally getting back to normal after about 7 months. I must admit...during this time I was also going off the pill which did not help matters!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I really love Dr Hauscka products - the only ones that have not agreed with me are the eye cream and also their shampoo :s

Mabsy I feel the same about their eye products.. I have a huge pot of eye balm just sitting there (it would just 'sit' on my eyes if I put it on anyway!!)

Perhaps if I lived somewhere with 1% humidity and temperature of about 5 celcius then it would be a great balm.. otherwise it has been quite disappointing.
luvmykitties
5% products discount

Wed May 10, 2006 12:17 am      Reply with quote
I was also wondering about the Dr Hauschka line, and was looking to purchase the Daily Face care kit (for normal,dry,sensitive skin) to be able to try each of the products I had been looking into.
I was going to see if Sephora carried it so I could see it in person.

My concern is that I have dry skin - not oily. And when I searched here, most of the reviews seemed to be people that had oily skin &/or breaking out issues prior to using the Cleansing Cream (the CC came up the most in the search). So I was starting to wonder how this line would be for dry mature skin?

Anyone here without oily skin or skin prone to breakouts, use the Dr H products?

So you used the Translucent Bronzer and love it? That's the first product from Dr. H that caught my eye, and I'm VERY interested in it.
Did you mix it with moisturizer or applied it by itself? Is it easy to apply? (no streaking) Did you use it on the entire face, or did you just apply to cheeks, nose, etc. Does it all wash off at night?
I'm looking to use a gradual self-tanner (like Jergens) but want a light bronzer as well to give it a more brownish color - but not to look "carribean dark".

41, mature dry skin, somewhat sensitive. Blue eyes, brown hair, fair to medium skin. Areas of concern: loss of elasticity & definition, sagging skin/jowls, neck, deep lip lines, broken capillaries on nose and cheeks, crepiness on eyelids. Less of a concern: photodamage, wrinkles around eyes and outer cheeks, darkness under eyes
luvmykitties
5% products discount

Wed May 10, 2006 12:20 am      Reply with quote
PS - I saw on their website: "Please use this product within 3 months of opening"

41, mature dry skin, somewhat sensitive. Blue eyes, brown hair, fair to medium skin. Areas of concern: loss of elasticity & definition, sagging skin/jowls, neck, deep lip lines, broken capillaries on nose and cheeks, crepiness on eyelids. Less of a concern: photodamage, wrinkles around eyes and outer cheeks, darkness under eyes
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Miranets,

Have you tried using the eye balm as a cuticle cream? I've done this with a few different eye creams that weren't quite right for me. (Most were too greasy.) It's a way to use them up, and not feel like you wasted a lot of cash.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I've got dry sensitive skin and am one of those who breaks out from the Cleansing Cream. The clogged pores show up virtually the next day after 1 use, so I stop using it right away. I still have about 2/3's of a tube so in the interests of being fair, I'll give it a decent trial period this summer and see if it's just purging or if it's something that my skin just won't tolerate.

Given my sensitivities I'd suggest a sample pack but it probably isn't enough to settle the acne question, just whether the plant oils will cause irritation.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I would definitely say to either try a sample pack, or go to sephora and at least try a sample of the cleansing cream--- I'm in love with this stuff!! It smells and feels very nice, and it's very moisturizing, so I think it would help with your dry skin. After trying a sample from Sephora, I fell in love with it so much that I went ahead and bought 2 tubes, LOL! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
="miranets
Perhaps if I lived somewhere with 1% humidity and temperature of about 5 celcius then it would be a great balm.. otherwise it has been quite disappointing.

I live in about 5% humidity (although it is hot where I live and not cold) so this intrigues me miranets. Laughing

Do any of you who have tried the eye balm think it would actually be a good product for someone in a low humidity environment? what is the texture of this product? Is it way too rich? I am always on the lookout for a hydrating eye cream. I did try the Dr. H Revitalizing Eye Cream and did not like it but I wonder if the eye balm would be worth a try.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
yes, definitely try the dr. h. i also have dry/dehydrated skin with areas of congestion (ie. blackheads on nose, occational breakouts) & some sensitivity.

i alternate between the 2 cleansers, sometimes i use both the milk & cream (one after the other), sometimes just the cream, sometimes just the cream. dr. h is really all about being able to read your skin and provide what it needs at the time; they encourage spot-applying creams or layering creams (ie. quince cream all over and rose cream on dry areas).

while cleansing, i always use only warm water for pre-cleansing skin moistening & post-cleansing rinsing (never hot!) and finish with a splash of cold water. really is very invigorating & my skin seems to like it.

the bronzing concentrate...it's very concentrated in colour...i've always mixed it with some moisturizer and then applied.

mabsy...the eye balm has a waxy consistency...very much like lip balm.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I too have loved the Dr Hauschka products, I do think it is worth getting the sample kits first, at least you can try before you buy!!

I too saw on the website to use withing 3 months of opening but to be honest I have had some Dr Hauschka products: Rejuvenating Face Mask, Bronze Concentrate, Normalising Day Oil opened for a good year now and they are fine, as long as they are stored in a cool place away from direct sunlight they are fine.

Whilst I love the range, I have found that the homemade version of the cleansing cream is just as good as the real thing, Witch Hazel is a good substitute for the Toner and Jojoba Oil performs as well as the Normalising Day Oil.

The Rejuvenating Face Mask is a must, it actually makes a good overnight moisturiser for all skin types.
As for the Eye Balm, I found it to be near identical as the lip balm in the pot, in fact I use the eye balm as a lip balm!!
I did not have the initial pruging effect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
luvmykitties - I think the bronzer is best if you mix it with a moisturizer. That's what I did and it wasn't streaky at all - and you only need a tiny bit to make a difference.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is fairly normal, but dry on cheeks (so I was told by the SA i talked to yesterday), and I am prone to breakouts. I'm also one of the people that the DHCC caused to breakout more. I know there is a purging process, but I couldnt seem to get past it, but I figured its because I seem to have this problem with most plant based, or natural oil based products I use.
Wish it had the amazing effects that everyone talks about here on me Sad
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 12:39 am      Reply with quote
I experienced the 'purging' but it wasn't bad at all and it only lasted a short while...I don't think I could handle having a bad reaction for more than a day or two!!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 1:12 am      Reply with quote
just how dark is the bronzing powder of Dr. H?
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the powder bronzer because I like powder and not a liquid over my sunscreen. It hasn't come in yet but I'll post again when it has. I put some on my hand at Wholefoods yesterday and thought it was lighter than I would have thought. But then, if you are putting over your whole face, maybe it is better if it's subtle. At any rate it was a caramel color and not at all a nasty orange. I can't wait to put it on. It's just I feel very weird trying on makeup at Wholefoods.
Usra

Thu May 18, 2006 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry it took me so long to get back here - life just got in the way, you know?

Thanks for all the feedback. I think I will end up trying it but it looks to me like it would be better to try the full size of a few items (as opposed to the trial pack), just so I can really see how well it works. That will mean a little more of an investment so I'll have to hold off for now. I'm also still a little nervous about the purge phase.

As an aside, I got a sample of the Decleor Iris Oil when I ordered the Dr. H Bronzer and have been applying it at night instead of a moisturizer, just on my inner cheek area, where I suffer extreme dryness. The difference in my skin is pretty incredible. It could be a combination of both the bronzer in the day (which, as I mentioned before, has deinitely affected my skin positively) but the flakiness has totally cleared up and the red bumps I used to get from dryness are gone. Yay!

As for the questions about the Dr. H bronzer - I would 100% recommend this to anyone. I combine it with my moisturizer to make application easy and it goes on beautifully. You have to take some time to learn how it goes on best. I find that you can't just spread it on like a moisturizer. You have to mix it in your palm and then apply with one finger to the desired areas in small circular motions first and then, when it's almost blended, pat it to finish. I use this first all over and then intensify with powder bronzer. I'm olive-toned so I can get away with creating a tanned look but I think this bronzer would work on any skintone because you can choose the intensity of the colour by adding less or more to your moisturizer.

Thanks again for the tips!

usra
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
After reading Usra's post on the Dr. H bronzer my lemming has reawakened. I'd tried it on my hand one time and wasn't too impressed - now I know it's because it wasn't mixed with a moisturiser. Back on to the wish list it goes!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I just started to use a few items in the Dr. H line, the revitalizing mask and the transclucent bronzer. So far, I really like both products, I only use the bronzer like a contour for me, not all over the face, (I am very pale,) hths.
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
the cleansing cream is awesome.. i love it..

Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |