Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Pevonia Enzymo-Spheride Peeling Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Weelll someone (girlnextdoor?) suggested this to me in a past post, "Try the Enzymo Spheride Peeling cream.. you will love it!", and who am I to ignore such an enticing suggestion??

So, a week or so ago I wondered down to my local shopping centre and discovered a beauty salon that solely stocks Pevonia as their skincare line. The BT was so nice, and I walked out with two samples of their treatment creams and the full-size jar of this peel (when I figured in postage costs to Australia, the peel was actually the same price in the salon as on EDS, so the impulse buyer in me took it right then and there....).
The peel comes in a 50ml jar, and has a nice hygenic applicator with it, so no messy fingers dipping. I was very impressed that the jar was actually full to the brim too, so often you buy things in 30ml or 50ml, that aren't even full, and that annoys me as it appears that you are being ripped off!!!
ANyway, back on track...the cream is a thick white cream that you mix with wet fingers first and then massage into your face so as to disperse the peel easily on your skin. It goes on really well, and I only have to use the smallest amount (no big holes in the jar! Laughing ).
You leave it on for two minutes and then rinse it off, for me, it didn't sting at all, and their was no unpleasantness to it, the scent is quite nice (not too overpowering and not a chemical smell at all IMO). I should also mention that I don't think it acually "peels" your skin at all, in the true sense, just exfoliates.
Now, when I rinsed the product off, all was still great, it massaged off really well and did not leave a trace on my skin.
What I really, really liked though, was the wow factor afterwards. My blackheads were all but gone and my skin LOOKED really, really clean and healthy, and soft to boot. I am prone to breakouts, and the few healing ones were less red than before, and hardly noticable. My skin also looked more even (in terms of pigment and scars etc), like I've never been able to clean out everything in there until this peel. Shock
Now, I have a glycolic peel that I've used weekly for about a year, and that leaves my face really red, and didn't have the same effect on the softness of my skin or my blackheads as this cream did. I was also a fan of the asprin mask, which is pretty close in effectiveness re:blackhead cleaning, but did not have the same effect on evening out my skintone and making my face look and feel so CLEAN and healthy!
I also have the problematic skincare cream from this line (which I had run out of, and hence the breakouts started again) which I really liked, and I've also got a sample of the glycosides cream (which is a lightening cream, I think, which I possibly dont need, but thought I'd try anyway... Confused ), and all in all, I am LOVING the Pevonia line. Compared to MD Formulations and Emergin C which I used to use in the past, it is quite reasonably priced, and the products appear to be very active also (I've not tried anything in this line yet which hasn't worked in some way, or given a result).
I'm now looking at what else I can try, I walked out of the salon with a product list and product profile brochure!! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Pevonia Enzymo-Spheride Peeling Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Pevonia Enzymo-Spheride Peeling Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

Experience the cutting-edge technology of this cream’s unique enzymes entrapment. Pevonia Enzymo-Sphérides Peeling Cream offers encapsulated enzymes in micro-sphérides for maximum activity upon contact with your skin. Pineapple and Papaya enzymes eliminate impurities, blackheads, dead cells, sebum, and toxins as you work this cream into your skin and gain a bright, smooth complexion.

girlnextdoor
5% products discount

Tue May 30, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yea another convert! Isn't that peel amazing? I should get a commission for the 100 people I have recommended it to who love it! I have never heard a bad review of this product.
I'm curious about the glycosides cream, I have never heard of or tried this product. Of all of the Pevonia products I have tried and used, I like the moisturizers the least. Too heavy for me. Keep me posted!

Anyway, glad you liked it! Very Happy
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thankyou girlnextdoor, this is one recommendation I am very grateful for, and don't regret purchasing one little bit! I'm getting on the Pevonia bandwagon, as I'm starting to think that it's a very underestimated and underappreciated skincare line, and the products so far have been so good for me that I feel it's my duty to share!
BTW, the moisturisers are fine for me, I have fairly normal skin, that's a little dry in spots (cheeks, forhead etc), so maybe that's why. And I can tolerate most things as my skin isn't sensitive as such (I tend to react and breakout more from natural products like decleor and Dr H).
Mabsy

Tue May 30, 2006 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm actually running out of this and will be repurchasing (not straight away - need to use up my stash Smile). It's a very nice and gentle, but effective, exfoliating mask Smile

I don't like the jar though - I'm packing the remainder of the mask with me for my trip and I just realised how thick and heavy the glass is. Also, now that I'm scraping out the remains from it, I'm finding the curved jar and the little opening quite annoying in terms of getting all the product out... But I still like the mask Smile
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to update on the glycosides cream - I've been using it for three days now and I think I was right - I don't need it. I think I've overdosed on the AHA's as the glycosides cream stung my skin, and has made it all red and bumpy, like I've had an allergic reaction to it. I can't even use my problematic skin care cream either at the moment, it's so inflammed (and that has AHA's in it too... Sad ) So, I'm just using my active moisture gel from Emergin C, and I even tried Vit E oil last night cause my skin was itchy, hot and red. Since I've never had sensitive skin before, I've really pushed it too far!! It could also be the La Prairie cream cleanser sample I've been using too, I'm not sure. But, the glycosides cream is really active, so I'm assuming it is this. Sad WIll have to go back to the salon and get a calming cream or something to try Wink
girlnextdoor
5% products discount

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
oooo sounds like your skin has had enough of all the new stuff.
I am sure the Pevoia line has something for that.....probably in in the Rose line for sensitive skin. My daughter has crazy sensitive skin with Rosecea and has tried everything on it. She uses the Rose 2 concentrate on her face when it gets red and irritated. I have started putting it on my hubby's face (he has Rosecea too and broken caps)and it is amazing how it has calmed down. It's not cheap but you use so very little, as I have found with most high end products.

Good luck with your skin!
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:30 am      Reply with quote
It's funny, cause it's been almost a week since I purchased this peel, and my skin is still dry and bumpy from too many AHA's (or so I thought - even though I stopped using them days ago), so I decided tonight to try enzyme peel again and see what happens. Well, I'm not sure if my skin was trying to peel or not, but the cream went on beautifully, didn't sting or tingle, and left my face so smooth and clear Shock (although my forhead still a little bumpy). I thought my skin was so dry and itchy because I'd had a reaction to something I was using, but is it possible it was trying to peel??? It's never happened to me before, and I've never used a product that was supposed to peel my skin off totally (only a low % AHA's and BHA peel before) - but I had really bad dry spots around my mouth, nose and forehead? Any ideas? Although since it's gone now and way better, should I care?? Wink
girlnextdoor
5% products discount

Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure what to tell you as I have never had that problem. I use the Pevonia ESP twice a week. I have extremely resistant skin that can tolerate alot so maybe that is why I have not had any problems. I can always tell by how smooth my skin is for the next two days after using it though.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I've tried this I liked it for the yummy smell alone. I dont think it is the best enzyme peel that I've used. I've had better from PSF, Jan Marini, DDF and etc...
kellyks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
This is a very good peel, not too strong and although the results are not amazing, it does the job. Best product in the Pevonia line and I have to agree with girlnextdoor, the moisturizers were disappointing, and for the money I had hoped to find one that worked for me since they are known for products that work with sensitive skin.
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Received my Pevonia ESP from EDS yesterday. Very Happy I'm so happy!

I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant and my skin broken out so badly in the first trimester and left me with lots of uneven spots. It's better now but my skin is still very bumpy and dull.

Well..I tried Pevonia ESP last night. I like the smell of Pevonia ESP and the fact that it did not sting. And this morning I woke up with smooth, glowing skin!! Woo hoo!!
Razz

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
congratulations on the baby, svunt1! i forgot i have this masque too--it's a good reminder to dig it out as i remember quite liking it when i first got it.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just order mine from EDS! Very Happy
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
OK, I will order this one in my next order....
Jin
5% products discount

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered it EDS and used it very well.At first,it is very mild to the sensitive skin,and smells very delicious.Generally,enzyme pelling nees steam,but this product need not that.
So very simple to use!
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this product based entirely on these reviews and am pleased to say it is really good! My skin is definitely softer and smoother.
I have not noticed my blackheads disappear after once use alone - but they are improving Smile and definitely less breakouts...
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
i just ordered this, based on the reviews about how gentle it is. I just started retin A, and i am hoping it can gently take away the peelies. I don't even know if that's possible, but it's worth a try Smile
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
seems like a must try this product..........anythign that will make my skin look radiant i want to try Smile and this seems like it

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Just got the sample and love to try, Smile
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
i tried my pevonia for the first time. i really like the texture and the smell. it is very gentle like everyone has been saying, and quite effective. i am on retin A, so i am not suprised that it did not get rid of all of the peeling, but it did help a lot. great product!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone still use this product?
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished one that I've had for awhile. I think there are better peels around that do just as good a job or better. Have decided to move on from pevonia. Smells great but doesn't do what I need now that I am almost 45 with fine lines etc. Went for a pumpkin peel recently - product was dermaquest, it was EXCELLENT but not available online and very expensive -$120 for 1 treatment! I'm in Australia.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I see this in the magaizine, I thought it is a new product, seems good. Will order it.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |