Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Cellcosmet Exfoliate Dual Action
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
In my opinion, I think this is another first class product from Cellcosmet. Although it comes in a jar, I do not find this a problem as I just use a spatula and wash it after use. Only a small amount is needed and at twice a week, the container should last for many months.
The texture is creamy but contains what are called micro-polymers which are the grainy bits. It should be applied to very wet skin after cleansing and then use very light circular motions for 2 minutes before rinsing. The product is stated to have two purposes:
Action 1 : Uses enzymes to quicken the natural flaking of keratinised skin cells, clears pores of impurities and surface blackhead.
Action 2 : The exfoliating effect of micro-polymers improves the texture of the skin, brightens dull complexions and improves skin respiration.
I have found that it does do both these actions and I am very impressed with that. I use this product in the morning, twice a week, and always follow with the Cellcosmet Activator Gel. I have found that when I remove the activator gel, there are always blackheads and whiteheads that have come out. I hope that in time I will not have any left as I am not getting any new ones.
There have been a number of comments on the forum about this product before and some have not liked the effect of the grains. To me, it is so gentle and I can only think that the skin has not been wet enought to start or the product has been rubbed in rather than using very light circular motions. One thing to note is that it can be used on sensitive skin but not on irritated skin and perhaps that is the difference.
For some time I have been looking for an exfoliator that would remove the dead skin and dislodge the blackheads and whiteheads and I have found it does both of these for me. Keep in mind that I use it in combination with both the Cellcosmet Purifying Gel and Cellcosmet Activator Gel.

My rating is 5/5

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Cellcosmet Exfoliate Dual Action (60 ml / 2.06 oz)
Cellcosmet Exfoliate Dual Action (60 ml / 2.06 oz)

Smooth Exfoliant Cream for ALL SKIN TYPES & ALL AGES
Gentle dual-action exfoliant with Jojoba and Cellulose exfoliating microspheres.
Action 1 : Uses enzymes to quicken the natural flaking of keratinised skin cells. Clears pores of impurities and surface blackheads. (comedones)
Action 2 : The exfoliating effect of microspheres improves the texture of the skin. Brightens dull complexions and improves skin respiration.

tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:54 am      Reply with quote
cannot miss an opportunity to say.. the key is the activator gel.. Laughing that product

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:57 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim, perhaps I have to agree with you. All I know is that using the cleansing gel followed by this exfoliate and then the activator gel is like having a wonderful facial.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Now you got to tell me what does this Activator gel do????Pulllleeeeze
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:33 am      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
Now you got to tell me what does this Activator gel do????Pulllleeeeze

I am so glad you asked mithai. Please see my review:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=111481#111481

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I was about to link to my review too but I see you already did that!! We are the official Cellcosmet cleansing brigade.

Bushy, do you have the tonic too? That is my next purchase to complete the cleansing process!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:

Bushy, do you have the tonic too? That is my next purchase to complete the cleansing process!

No, I haven't tried the tonic but I can't wait for your review and I'm already starting to open my purse.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks gals! I have and use the cleansing gel and toner(have finished two bottles already)....but was always sceptical about the activator gel....now I must get a sample! BTW do you think this can be used with other cleansers or you get the results only if you use it in conjunction with other cellcosmet products?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Mithai, I really don't know the answer to your question as I only use it with the Cellcosmet cleanser and don't intend to change the routine because I am so happy with it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:27 am      Reply with quote
this is a very refined exfoliant. i would compare this with the microexfoliant from la praire. it definitely helps brighten dull skin and give you a natural glow. i like this product very much. Smile
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:54 am      Reply with quote
I really like this exfoliator as well, I got the little sample pot with one of my orders. It left my skin so smooth & it wasn't abrasive or too grainy either...it's definitely one of the best gentle exfoliators I've used Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I hope that I don't put a damper on this product. You all know that I am a huge fan of Cellcosmet.

I can't remember where, but I posted a comment that the sales person told me that you could use this as a on the spot treatment on your pimples.

I tried this yesterday and unfortunately it did not work but my skin did feel very smooth in that area. I have a feeling that if you have oily skin, maybe you won't like this product. Sad

Overall, I still like this product for one reason only, a great gentle exfoliant. Very Happy
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I can understand that this may not suit all skins but I do have oily skin and this is one of the few products that does suit my oily skin. Many other exfoliants that I have tried, including Epidermx II broke me out. Every time I read good info on another new exfoliant I can't resist trying it but usually throw it out before I am finished and come back to Cellcosmet. I think I am finally over the exfoliant try it period and will just stick with this one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:50 am      Reply with quote
bushy: This is a little OT but Nature (by Valmont) just came out with a new exfoliator. I have a sample, haven't used it yet, maybe you can find a sample somewhere and compare it with the Cellcosmet since these brands seem to work really well with your skin so I'd love to hear your opinion. They also have a new tinted moisturizer which comes in 3 colors and although not specified (and I couldn't find the active ss ingredients on the ingredient list) it supposedly has AT LEAST an SPF of 15 which I was told by an SA.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sormuimui, I will check it out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:10 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
bushy: This is a little OT but Nature (by Valmont) just came out with a new exfoliator. I have a sample, haven't used it yet, maybe you can find a sample somewhere and compare it with the Cellcosmet since these brands seem to work really well with your skin so I'd love to hear your opinion. They also have a new tinted moisturizer which comes in 3 colors and although not specified (and I couldn't find the active ss ingredients on the ingredient list) it supposedly has AT LEAST an SPF of 15 which I was told by an SA.

I cannot find any info on the new products you have mentioned and that includes the Valmont website. Can you tell me where you found the info?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:49 am      Reply with quote
bushy: I don't want to hijack this thread so I started a new one with a bit more info on the products on the skin care and makeup forum:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=256152#256152
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Seems really great.
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Although I like Cellcosmet gel cleanser very much, but unfortunately this product broke me out. I prefer Epidermx.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
While I like the exfoliator very much, I'm not sure if it agrees with my sensitive skin! The granuls are quite sharp! I prefer my Ice elements 2MM. However, this leaves skin so smooth! My cheeks always look rosy afterwards too.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
it's the best exfoliator product i have ever used, better than the la mer Refining Facial.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:33 am      Reply with quote
I received this as a sample with my last EDS order and I really like this exfoliator. It wasn't too rough or too gentle, it was just right. It went on well and felt nice on the skin, I really felt like I got a good exfoliation.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a full size and it does last a long time. I am happy with my purchase and will continue to use this one and KIAJ
Windyemmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oh My! Can't express how much I love this product!!! It leaves my skin super clean smooth and soft every time after I used it, best exfoliator ever! I think I will be sticking to this exfoliator forever Laughing
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I like this too. My skin feels refreshed and more radiant after using it.But I dare not use it 2 or 3 times per week, as instructed in the guideline.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |