Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
:: Review :: Dermalogica Ultimate Buffing Cloth
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:02 am      Reply with quote
I first read about this Dermalogica Ultimate Buffing Cloth here on the EDS forum some time ago, when it received a rapturous round of rave reviews.

I was a little dubious, I admit, being a diehard scrub fan - the best (and, sadly, most expensive) of which was Sisley's divine Energising Exfoliant.

Then I decided to try one of those nylon mesh scrunchy things that I found lying forlornly in a cupboard. It was great! Tons better than my beloved body scrubs, leaving my body feeling much smoother and slightly more effective at removing patchy fake tan remnants too - although never completely.

Because the Dermalogica Buffing Cloth raves here mentioned how easy it was to use on your back - which isn't the case with a scrunchy, I thought I'd order one and try it for myself.

When it arrived, I was a little taken aback at just how rough this long, rectangular, crinkly nylon cloth was. I anticipated plenty of yeouching.

Using it was dead easy and, true enough, you can do a sawing action on your back and the backs of your legs that exfoliates to perfection all those hard-to-reach places. And, although it did feel quite rough on my skin, it really is one heck of an effective buffer. I've never felt my skin so smooth before - including the dreaded elbow and knee trouble spots!

As I was drying myself, I checked for how well it had performed on the getting-rid-of-patchy-fake-tan front. Do you know, I couldn't see a single troublesome trace of fake tan left anywhere!

This truly is the Ultimate in exfoliators. It's not expensive and so will save you a fortune in buying scrubs. What a bargain!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I much prefer nifty little devices like these to body scrubs which are messy and always too much effort. Great review, I think I may add the Buffing Cloth to my next order Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I can't believe how completely I've been converted to this type of exfoliator, rosebud. It's just miles better than anything else I've ever used.

Let me know what you think if you do buy it, but I'd be very surprised if you didn't love it. Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:42 am      Reply with quote
At the moment I am using a pair of exfoliating gloves which are fantastic, so quick to use in the shower every day, I will be looking into the Dermalogica Cloth though when they bite the dust so to speak Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:43 am      Reply with quote
how long do you think you can use it for, before it goes in the bin?

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I've no idea, Ruth, but it does feel pretty sturdy and hard-wearing. I'd imagine that it'd last for quite a long while.

It's washable, too.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
. . . This truly is the Ultimate in exfoliators . . .

OMG, majorb. I found one of these little gems at a local store and couldn't wait to try it out, thanks to your review. It's awesome! It felt so good scrubbing that I almost couldn't stop. I was afraid I was going to come out of the shower with raw, bleeding skin! But luckily it just took off the dead skin and left my skin feeling smooth. It's better than anything I've used, and it will definitely save me the $$ I've been wasting on exfoliating scrubs. Thanks for the recommendation!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I, too, was amazed at how good it is. Once you've used this, you don't want to use anything else instead. Very Happy
vivienwon
5% products discount

Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
howdy! it's my very first post, despite being a loyal customer of EDS for the last 3 years! Thanks Majorb for the review, I've only JUST been convinced of using skintools like the Dermalogica deluxe facial brush (which is just great by the way) and i'm definitely gonna try the Buffing Cloth soon.

The EDS forum has been INDISPENSABLE in helping me decide on which things to try whenever i come shopping, and i'm really pretty glad I finally took the plunge to start posting! Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Hello and welcome, vivienwon! Very Happy

I know what you mean about the forum. It's introduced me to so many great skincare and cosmetic stuff. Don't know what I'd do without it now!
goldie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds like a great tool -- just what I need to keep my skin smooth all summer!

I'm in agreement with you vivianwon. I have learned so much from this forum in just the few weeks that I have been a member.
tammymamtam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
this cloth is really good!! my skin feels soo smooth i would have never thought this would make such a difference but its great!!!
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a convert! I used to loofah but really wanted something I could thoroughly clean after use. Tried Dermalogica's buffing cloth and won't look back. Even my husband really liked it. Still can't believe he spent time exfoliating! So then I went on a quest to a local asian market. There were a couple of brands in the health and beauty section that felt like the Dermalogica cloth. I bought one for my husband (he really needs to have his OWN) and he said it felt the same and gave the same results.

This one is made in Japan and has a slightly different weave but has the same feel when rubbed and is even a tad longer so buffing the back is perfect. Noticed later on the company website (google translated Japanese is kinda funny) that ours was a nylon mix but there were %100 nylon cloths at the asian market. All the cloths were between $4-$6. I really like my Dermalogica cloth and know it's going to last a while but when the time comes, at least I know where to find another cloth and for a fab price too.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
So glad you loved it, roadbee.

Apparently, the Dermalogica ones are based on Japanese washcloths, so that would explain the similarities. You've obviously found a bargain!
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
So glad you loved it, roadbee.

Apparently, the Dermalogica ones are based on Japanese washcloths, so that would explain the similarities. You've obviously found a bargain!

hi majorb!

just wondering how long the cloth might last. are you still using the same one? does the texture decrease after machine wash?

tia!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Still going strong, and it should last for a long, long, long, long time. Very Happy

As for machine washing, I've never done that. I just gently handwash it instead and it feels absolutely the same as before afterwards.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Just got my cloth the other day & love how smooth my skin feels after using it only once! By looking at the cloth, you wouldn't think it would work as good as it does. Two thumbs up for this product!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I was a bit dubious when I first saw it, kls. But it works amazingly well.
natsumi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using these nylon scrubbing towels since I was a little kid (I grew up in Japan.) There are 2 types - the original one you can find readily in Asian stores like roadbee said, and a slightly softer one that works better for liquid soap. I looked online (googled "japanese nylon scrub towel") and found them both on Amazon. Here's the softer one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EZQGU4/ref=nosim/102-9835502-8808916?n=3760911

They do last a long time - I think I've been using my current one for 2-3 years, and my brother has a couple that are REALLY old that he still uses.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I got one of these a while and love it I've not bought a body scrub since. Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
my hubby is japanese and showed me how to use them and that was it..been using one now for years...you can buy them here in japan from 1 dollar to about 5 dollars...the best time to use it is after a hot bath ..you can actually see all the dead skin balling up and rolling away....dont scrub back and forth but in the same direction (like patting a cat) holding the cloth firmly against your skin then begin that motion on your damp skin. I also get great results just towards the end of my shower so that my skin has softened. There are a few different types as natsumi says and I find only one particular type works best on damp skin (without soap)where you can actually see your dead skin roll off... . should be kind of smooth firm nylon not too hard or soft and not the 'lumpy' nylon. Smile
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine a week ago and I love it. My sister-in-law touched my arm the other day and said "oh my, your skin is so soft - its like butter" - Thanks Majorb for your wonderful review.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:34 am      Reply with quote
annachan - Oooh, that's interesting! I'll try that technique and see if it makes a difference. It's always nice to know about the inspiration behind a product. Thanks for that. Very Happy

rashirosey - I'm so happy that you love it! Embarrassingly enough, I'm always stroking my elbows these days - they are sooooo soft. I must look like a right idiot. Laughing
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I just thought of something...what you said about your elbows...my japanese girl friend in her mid thirties has really white 'clear' knees...I asked her ages ago what she did to keep the skin there so even and she said she scrubs with her cloth everyday and has been doing so as long as she can remember.....I started scrubbing my discoloured knees and feet ever since! (and yes noticed a huge improvement) Laughing
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
That doesn't surprise me one bit, annachan. It's the most amazing thing for removing unwanted fake tan, so I'd imagine it might well help to fade other discolouration of the skin.

This is, seriously, one of the best skin/bodycare items I've ever bought.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |