Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: PSFs fantastic R & R Toning Mist
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:20 am      Reply with quote
R & R (Repair & renew) Toneing mist:

- is great at speeding up the healing process of spots and blemishes
- comes in a non fancy and functional spray bottle
- has a slight scent of cucumber that disapears quickly
- is well priced

I've had mine for about a month and LOVE it for it's healing properties. I use it morning and night and spray liberally. I would say that I've got about 3/4 left...

Very good value in every way! Will definitley repurchase, so need I say more? Very Happy

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
This is on my "must try" list. Glad to hear it lasts so long.

I already have the Caudalie Grape Water and the Caudalie Beauty Elixir, so I have to wait until I finish one of those to justify a "new" purchase of a toning mist.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
OK, darn, I KNEW there was something else I meant to put on my EDS order earlier this week (and I did two of them!). I got my mum the firming one though!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
OK, darn, I KNEW there was something else I meant to put on my EDS order earlier this week (and I did two of them!). I got my mum the firming one though!

go on tiger...place another order...you can do it...it doesn't hurt...your credit card will thank you for being used, again...I promise! Bad Grin

...I placed an order yesterday, and the day before...and my plan was to hold off until at least August...døøøh, didn't work out to well now did it Shock

rofl

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I also reordered this. I keep a spray bottle in my beach bag because it is so refreshing.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm on my first bottle and will reorder too. I use it a few times a day, feel that it calms down my skin.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Ruth, you said it all! I love this stuff, too...so refreshing and soothing...and a great value to boot (like all PSF products)!

Mary Very Happy
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:

- is great at speeding up the healing process of spots and blemishes
- comes in a non fancy and functional spray bottle
- has a slight scent of cucumber that disapears quickly
- is well priced

I've had mine for about a month and LOVE it for it's healing properties. I use it morning and night and spray liberally. I would say that I've got about 3/4 left...

Very good value in every way! Will definitley repurchase, so need I say more? Very Happy

Hi Ruth,

I have dry skin and clogged pores on T-zone, do you think it is suitable for me or the Firming Facial Toner is better? TIA
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ocha!

I'm sure it won't dry you out or clog your pores more, but I haven't tried the Firming Facial toner myself so I can't say which is better for your skin type. But the R&R is for every skin type and the Firming seems to be for mature and dry skin...basically they're two completely different toners.

what type of cleanser do you use? coz I figure that that is more important for your skin issues than toner. OCM should help you a lot. And I would say that you don't need or should use very littel Castor Oil in the mix. A good mixture would probably be 10% Castor Oil, 70% Extra virgin olive oil and 20% of Apricot kernel oil. If you haven't heard of the OCM method, do a search here and heaps of great information and help will come up!

HTH wave

Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth, Thanks very much for your advice. What other products from PSF have you tried? How much do you like them?
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Green Tea Cleanser = good mild cleanser that in no way strips my skin
Papaya cleanser = very very good mild Aha cleanser (mild and natural in comparison to MDF´s glycolic). Am very pleased with this one, definitley a keeper.
Cranberry Eye gel = only tried a sample but am waiting for the full size. It's hydrating and slightly lifting, sinks in easily..I like clear gels:)
Day Perfecting Lotion = day cream with HA and MSM. Sinks in quickly, has a faint and light scent which is hard to describe but is fresh. I'm really liking this cream, also a keeper.
Moisture Balanceing Lotion = day cream with HA and ceramides. Haven't used this as much as the other lotion, but I like it too.

tried samples of
VitC serum 12% Arrow on it's way in a full size
Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Arrow on it's way in a full size
O2 serum

I'm also waiting for Browtox, but haven't tried it before...

I think that's it:)

lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:32 am      Reply with quote
It is indeed fantastic.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I like the R&R Toning Mist, but I LOVE the Firming Facial Toner. Watch out for how they are stored. My PSF toners used to go bad quickly until I learned to keep them in the fridge. Hold the bottle up to the light and look for stringy floaty stuff to check if it's gone bad.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have used it for several weeks and decided to go back to Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Toner. PC is working better on my skin.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
it's already in my wish list thanks for reviews.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
it's already in my wish list thanks for reviews.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:

Ruth, where in your routine do you use this? I currently use Silken Pearl Primer mist that I just LOOOVE!!!! Perfect as a finisher over MMU.

Would R&R Mist be used first, on clean skin, before any other actives, or would you apply your other serums and creams and finish with R&R Mist?

Also, what are the ingredients for R&R?

Thanks!

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Rubby.

Not sure if you realized, but Ruth's post was from 2006 so she may not be watching this thread anymore. (This is one of the many reasons that I dislike the 'rule' of never starting a new topic when an old one already exists.)

Anyhow, I use the PSF toners to set my MMU and to refresh my face during the day. Funny, but I never use them as actual toners, preferring to apply my active serum (Vit. C in the a.m., retinol or copper in the p.m.) to a completely clean face.

rubby wrote:
Ruth wrote:

Ruth, where in your routine do you use this? I currently use Silken Pearl Primer mist that I just LOOOVE!!!! Perfect as a finisher over MMU.

Would R&R Mist be used first, on clean skin, before any other actives, or would you apply your other serums and creams and finish with R&R Mist?

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jeannine;
No, I didn't realize I was looking at a year-old post Confused . I saw it was posted in June and didn't look at the year.
I've been looking at PSF's mists for a while now but can't really make up my mind to give them a try. I am quite happy with my current routine that involves only Silken Pearl line and Lips2Kiss line (including their Line Eliminators that I use around my eyes, lips and on other lines). I also occasionally use CPs. I do worry, however, that I've completely abandoned my "old" actives - Vitamin C serum, DMAE serum, Retinol, ALA, etc.
That's why I've been looking at PSF's R&R and their Firming mist. Perhaps it's time for me to shake up my routine by adding the mists, and perhaps some Vitamin C serum (it's summer, so I could definitely use an antioxidant on my skin).

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've repurchased PSF's R & R mist a few times now. I, my husband and two teenagers use it -- it's a great toner! Smile
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I just went to order some samples, then saw their postage to australia Confused Ive ordered samples a few times from them and dont remember them charging that much. $20 us is a bit too much to pay just for samples. Why have they raised their prices so much i wander?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Darren was great and offered to send it firstclass Very Happy

One thing im wandering though....is it ok to use the R&R spray plus a homemade cream with MSM? Will I be overdoing the MSM seeing as its in the toner as well?

Ta Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Ruth wrote:

Thanks!

Hi Rubby

I've been useing (and still do) the R&R (I can't seem to post the whole link to the ingredients list on PSF's site, but it's onwww.psfskincare.com - check the page for the R&R toner) directly after cleansing and as an MMU setter - I wouldn't say it's for after actives. Still the stuff!

Like you I've started useing Silken Pearl, but have only been at my things for a few days - and have been misting myself several times a day Laughing just for the sheer lovelyness of it!!! I am really really liking my mist and have been thinking about getting another spray bottle so I can have some at the office - and that is a first!!!

but back to R&R Very Happy

...I have been thinking that instead of putting my Pearl cream onto a "water-wet" face I could and will try the cream ontop of an R&R sprayed face - should be a good combination!

Regarding PSF toners going bad - I've not had it happen to me and I don't refrigerate..and I think I have mine for about 4-5 months before I repurchase.

HTH wave

Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Darren was great and offered to send it firstclass Very Happy

One thing im wandering though....is it ok to use the R&R spray plus a homemade cream with MSM? Will I be overdoing the MSM seeing as its in the toner as well?

Ta Very Happy

PSF are known for great CS - although I've never been unlucky enough to have to put it to the test Very Happy

couldn't say for sure about overdoing the MSM, but I doubt it though..

nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
I love PSF product. It's effective and the price is reasonable.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |