Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
::Review:: Valmont Lip Repair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I would call this product the ultimate lip makeover.
It needs to be used for at least two weeks to begin to reap the benefits in having lips that look like they could belong to a younger person. I just can't wait to see how much better my lips will be in a few months.
You always know when you have applied a moisturiser that suits your skin because your skin just feels so good, well, this is how my lips feel every time I apply this Lip Repair. I am in the age group where lip lines had become a fact of life and while my lips remain dry, the lines are so much more defined. As soon as I apply this lip repair, the moisture seems to cause the lines to diminish or, at least, they aren't so noticeable. It would be the first time in my experience that I have been able to apply lipstick and not have it creep into the lip lines. That alone will make me purchase this lip repair.
As described by Valmont:
It contains HP DNA, RNA and nutritious plant oils to:

* regenerate the epidermis and combat wrinkles and fine lines,
* protect against UV damage and free radicals that accelerate skin ageing,
* re-plump lips, draw lip contour and help makeup hold longer.

At this early stage I can't state that the first claim holds true yet however, I can say that I appear to have improvement in lip lines. I believe the second statement is true as my lips are improving, not showing increased signs of aging. The third statement is definitely true.

The only reason I have not rated it a 5 is because of the price. If it lasts longer than I think it will then perhaps it may justify the price. But at this time:

My rating is 4/5

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
EDS should give a bonus discount to the members that caused other members to buy products! you'd get a hefty one from my next order Laughing thanks, i think Wink
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this lip repair for a few weeks now and love how it's smoothed out my lips and defined my lip area. My lips just look "younger" somehow, and I love that they stay hydrated for much longer than with other lip products!
Will definitely re-purchase!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Is everyone still loving this? I'm really sickened by my lip lines (the little v's that are actually on the lip perimeter itself so everything bleeds out onto your skin). I think I have beautiful lips. They're pretty full and nicely shaped except for these little buggers! It's so frustrating because even when I just wear lip balm these lines are pretty pink so it looks like lipstick has bled outside my lips. I'm seriously considering restylane, but I'd like something like this if it would help. I've been using the skinceuticals antioxidant lip repair, and although it is great for the lines on my lips, it hasn't done a thing for these little lines. I think they're just too deep. Crying or Very sad
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi TAM - I don't think the lip repair would help deep lines, you may have to go with the injections. I have very superficial lines and it helps with those but as I've said, mine aren't deep. I'm not sure any topical would really help with the deeper ones. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99, I am still using the Valmont Lip Repair and still believe it is the best lip product. When I put it on my lips, I also extend it outside the lip area to make sure I cover the area where the lines are. I have been using it for a while now and the lines are significantly improved. Also, lipstick does not run into even the smallest line if applied over this Lip Repair.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I agree with Bushy - it definitely helps keep the lipstick inside the lipline. I haven't experienced any "bleeding" either! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! So the lipstick doesn't bleed even if you put the lip repair on your lips and above them? I would think you'd have to only put the lip repair on your lips to hold it in place there.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Is everyone still loving this? I'm really sickened by my lip lines (the little v's that are actually on the lip perimeter itself so everything bleeds out onto your skin). I think I have beautiful lips. They're pretty full and nicely shaped except for these little buggers!...I've been using the skinceuticals antioxidant lip repair, and although it is great for the lines on my lips, it hasn't done a thing for these little lines.

Hey Aggie -

I just got a bottle of this myself about a week ago so it’s too soon for me to weigh in with any results, but if you’d like to try it before you cough up the $95 for a full bottle, I’d be willing to decant a small amount – enough for approximately two weeks, assuming 2-3 times daily application – and sell it to you for $12.50 (includes S&H) in case you don’t have an authorized Valmont distributor up there from whom you could obtain a *free* sample! PLMK if you are interested ASAP, because once my bottle starts getting less full, I’ll probably rescind the offer so I can hoard the remainder for myself to make it last as long as possible so I can’t guarantee my willingness to be generous will last forever!! Very Happy

Take care,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Carrie! You are too nice. I've pm'd you for details. I saw you post a while back on this product and was wondering if you decided to try it. I figured if it's better than the skinceuticals (which I do LOVE by the way), then I'd have to give it a go. I was hoping to win an EDS voucher soon so that I could. Pray Laughing
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Carekate, Can you compare this product with your beloved Guerlain Lip Lift. Are they similar or totally different? Price?. Thanks.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
nomoreneckpain wrote:
Carekate, Can you compare this product with your beloved Guerlain Lip Lift. Are they similar or totally different? Price?. Thanks.
They are completely different products. LipLift helps smooth out the surface of the lips and gives a surface to adhere to when wearing lipstick or lipgloss so that it glides on better and looks smoother and stays on longer and doesn’t feather or bled outside the lip vermillion.

I have only been using the Valmont Lip Repair for a little over a week, so it is too soon for me to provide any substantive opinions, but I can say that the Valmont is a product more akin to Skinceuticals Lip Repair (which – prior to buying the Valmont – I had used more or less religiously since late last fall): it is supposed to improve moisture and fullness through collagen synthess that will work to minimize the appearance of those fine lines on and around the lips, as well as improve the actual lip contour. I want to say it “heals” them, but that isn’t technically correct because I believe that if you stop using a product like this, that your lips would return to the state they were in prior to beginning usage in the same manner of a wrinkle-reducing facial serum would do.

My point is that Guerlain LipLift would be a product you would use in addition to Valmont Lip Repair (or a similar product), not in lieu of.

HTH,
Carrie

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this product for about 2 and a half weeks now, and while I do like it, am not sure I'm seeing the kind of results that others are. I know I should be patient and wait a bit longer?

I'm also wondering how often everybody uses it? I can't find the packaging but I think it said to use twice a day or more if necessary. I would guess I'm averaging 3 to 4 times a day, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Also, with these kind of lip products, I worry that my habit of constantly drinking water all day is wearing them off? Yes, I know I could drink through a straw but doesn't that cause wrinkles and kind of defeat the purpose?

Any tips to keep the product on the lips? I have been applying balm afterwards (after waiting a few minutes) in the hope it will seal it in.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:54 am      Reply with quote
I use it 4 times a day. I am not concerned about the supposed 'wearing off' as it sinks in as soon as it is applied but the result of nice soft lips stays. I don't put anything over the top (unless it is one of those occasions I am wearing lipstick which isn't often) as I just like the feel of my lips now. They feel like they used to when I was young.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Another stapled product to try Laughing
particle
5% products discount

Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Is it really so amazing? What's the main ingredients of the lip balm?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
particle wrote:
Is it really so amazing? What's the main ingredients of the lip balm?

Yes I think it really is that amazing. I no longer have the box which lists the ingredients but the main ones are HP DNA and RNA and plant oils.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
any new updates?
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Bushy, Why do you need to apply it 4x aday- is this in lieu of lipstick/gloss? Do the instructions say to apply 4x aday? I don't think I apply anything to my lips that often except food, LOL. Seriously, do you need to apply that often for effectiveness or do you get improved results with the freq. apps. thanks.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I use this morning and evening. It absorbs quickly. What I do notice: my lips are brighter color, like when I was a youngster. I like this product, and might reorder, although I like Skinceuticals for much cheaper. But the color it gives my lips is great! (the cream is colorless, just makes my lips more youthful)
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
nomoreneckpain wrote:
Bushy, Why do you need to apply it 4x aday- is this in lieu of lipstick/gloss? Do the instructions say to apply 4x aday? I don't think I apply anything to my lips that often except food, LOL. Seriously, do you need to apply that often for effectiveness or do you get improved results with the freq. apps. thanks.

I rarely use lipstick but, if I do, then this is applied underneath. I use it after breakfast, after lunch, after dinner and before I go to bed. It says to apply morning and night, or more often as required so I don't think it matters how many times you use it. Because eating takes pretty much everything off my lips, that is why I apply after meals and then before bed so it is on overnight.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm having the same kind of effects from my Valmont Eye & Lip Contour Cream. It's way too soon to give a verdict on my eyes, but I'd definitely repurchase for my lips.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Well, I know it's too soon for me to really tell since I've only been using it for a little less than 2 weeks, but so far I still prefer Skinceuticals. This one is really thin and I don't feel that it absorbs that well at all. When I rub my lips together after a few minutes of application it feels a bit slick (like a light oil maybe?). I haven't noticed any improvements either. Perhaps I'm just jumping the gun on my judgement though. I like the Skinceuticals one because it's a bit thicker and I feel moisturizes better. I'm looking forward to hearing Carekate's opinion!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
...I'm looking forward to hearing Carekate's opinion!
I guess it’s been around a month now that I’ve been using the Valmont Lip Repair and I have to say that while it is nice enough, for me the benefits/results aren’t really all that different than those I experienced with the Skinceuticals Anti-oxidant Lip Repair.

I’m almost at the end of my bottle of Valmont (Cedar and I decided to split a bottle of it last month and go halfsies on the price, just in case you were thinking a full-size bottle only lasts a month for $95USD!!), and unless I suddenly attain some miraculous results in the waning days of my trial period, I’ll most likely just go back to using the Skinceuticals which is less than 2/3 the price of the Valmont (sometimes even 3/4 less, if I’m able to order my Skinceuticals from one of my fave Ebay sellers!)....

Bottom line: the Valmont is lovely, but I don’t think it’s worth the price. If it was cheaper (say $50 rather than nearly $100), then I’d probably order it again, but at this point I think I’m gonna have to take pass!

ETA: BTW, I was completely underwhelmed by the list of ingredients for the Valmont because I didn't see anything listed that could really justify the $95 price tag....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, Carrie. Would you mind sharing the fave eBay sellers for the Skinceuticals product?

Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |