Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
:: Review :: DDF Oil Free Moisturizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Jen
5% products discount

Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I am very happy to see DDF in EDS!!!! My skin is very very sensitive and have rosacea. I tried a lot of product but none of them helped. When my family doctor intoduced DDF oil free moisturizing and matte finish ogiti age photo ago protection sun block, it helped a lot. My redness is gone. Now, all of my skin care products are DDF. In the past, I always order DDF in US becasue I have more selection but not a lot companies is willing to delivery to Canada. Now I can save my shipping fee!!!!! I highly recommend DDF. It is very good. I will try the mask of DDF soon but I don't know which one is good for white head. Any suggestion?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Wow this is old and nobody else put in their response. I'm surprised!
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
i tried the line and it was to harsh for me
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for letting me know. Smile
Anyone else?
Compucat

Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:15 am      Reply with quote
This moisturizer has been the only one I can use on my very oily, acne prone skin. Prior to that, I was hesitant to use anything at all because whatever I tried just led to breakouts, clogged pores and whiteheads. For what it's worth, since having a face lift, my skin seemed to 'want' to be moisturized. Maybe from the tightness? So I changed my cleansing regime and have switched from stripping my oily skin with more agressive cleansers to using DDF's Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel. Maybe I was going about things wrong over the last 20 years by overstripping the natural balance of my skin. Even though my skin is still oily (don't think that will change), it looks fresh, clean, vibrant and I have absolutely NO ACNE or BREAKOUTS whatsoever! I'll look to purchase something a little more moisturizing for my neck from the DDF line, but I swear by their stuff!
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I dont like this product...it make my skin more sensitive!

Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it for a couple of years on my sensitive mature skin. I'm not sure about the other DDF products but this is one perfectly safe for sensitive skin.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I can buy this product, but I don't think they sell it to Canadians. My friend gave me the DDF sunblock and liked it very much. May be eventually we will be able to buy it too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Jen! I've tried it years ago and I liked it. I stopped because I was frustrated with all my breakouts and switched to Sonya Dakar, which I found to be a bit better for me at the time.
jadecoin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I use this daily under mineral makeup. It gives me just enough moisture without worsening my already oily complexion. It also seems to smooth out my skin almost like a primer.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have a sample and love it especially for summers. Its very lightweight, fast-absorbing but moisture enough.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I've tried this a couple times over the years when I've gotten it as a sample or part of a kit. I've never been impressed by it.

5% products discount

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I had been loving this product - but not anymore. Felt great going on. The pump amount was generous and one day this week I added it to my throat and decolletage, areas I often neglect. I came home that night with a sunburned decolletage! My exposure is minimal - I have underground parking at home and work, so I only get UV rays through my car window on a 15-20 minute commute. I eventually realized this product has Vitamin A which increases sensitivity and is often only found in night creams as a result. Obviously the SPF in the product wasn't enough to compensate for the increased sensitivity on my skin, so I'm going to discontinue use.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure if the DDF product mentioned above is the same DDF product I am using. I just started using DDF Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew around my mouth and chin area for the flakey and peeling skin in that area from using Retin-A. I think the product in this review has sun protection. The one I use does not. I received a free full size sample from Sephora and really like it. I have oily and acne¨prone skin and this mosturizer works well without causing any breakouts. It goes on light, sort of gel consistency and is dispensed from a canister with a pump top. Good product!

5% products discount

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
The DDF Ultra Lite Moisturizing Dew comes in a few formulas - no SPF, SPF 15, and it looks like a new one with SPF 45 just came out. I was using the SPF 15 one.

I really liked it as well in terms of consistency and amount of moisture - until I ended up burned. It isn't my intention to dissuade anyone from using a product that they enjoy - I'm just providing info and feedback on my experience. My skin does tend to burn easily and that may have amplified the effect for me. But it was a painful experience and I'll be staying away from anything Vitamin A related during the daytime.
Deheune
5% products discount

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
The DDF Ultra Lite Moisturizing Dew comes in a few formulas - no SPF, SPF 15, and it looks like a new one with SPF 45 just came out. I was using the SPF 15 one.

I really liked it as well in terms of consistency and amount of moisture - until I ended up burned. It isn't my intention to dissuade anyone from using a product that they enjoy - I'm just providing info and feedback on my experience. My skin does tend to burn easily and that may have amplified the effect for me. But it was a painful experience and I'll be staying away from anything Vitamin A related during the daytime.
sarahmarie

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've used this product (the original with no sunscreen) on and off for years and I just keep going back to it, especially in the summer. I use the OCM but sometimes like a light moisturizer before putting on my makeup and this one is perfect.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I agree that this was fairly harsh on my skin. I tried using that product for a while and didn't see the results I was looking for. I would recommend either sticking with Avon or Mary Kay. They are both gentle and soothing on the skin. Here is the link for you to reference:
Zhenzhen
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used DDF Glycolic 10% Exfoliating Oil Control Gel? How does it work?
Any review on Peter Thomas Roth AHA-BHA Acne Clearing Gel is also appreciated.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I just get a sample of it. I wish it does well for my skin.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Campucat. That's a great testimonial.

Compucat wrote:
This moisturizer has been the only one I can use on my very oily, acne prone skin. Prior to that, I was hesitant to use anything at all because whatever I tried just led to breakouts, clogged pores and whiteheads. For what it's worth, since having a face lift, my skin seemed to 'want' to be moisturized. Maybe from the tightness? So I changed my cleansing regime and have switched from stripping my oily skin with more agressive cleansers to using DDF's Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel. Maybe I was going about things wrong over the last 20 years by overstripping the natural balance of my skin. Even though my skin is still oily (don't think that will change), it looks fresh, clean, vibrant and I have absolutely NO ACNE or BREAKOUTS whatsoever! I'll look to purchase something a little more moisturizing for my neck from the DDF line, but I swear by their stuff!
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, my skin is very dry. I must use moisturizing cream.
karen777

Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:25 am      Reply with quote
great, thank you for your review
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |