Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Non-hydroquinone skin lightners
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Now I'm at the back end of my freaking out skin saga with several (feels like hundreds) of dark spots. Okay, so I picked a couple of pimples Embarassed But my skin scars whether I pick or not (isn't that fabulous!!!) and so I have to be super vigilant about not getting any breakouts at all. Now that I've had what for me has been the super-hero sized breakout, I'm polka dotted.

Because my East Indian skin is very sensitve to hydroquinine (used it before on a stubborn pimple mark and lost melanin there so I looked like a had a white patch Surprised sexy!!!) I need to use gentle skin lighteners.

Thinking about using products with Kojic acid, mulberry, etc. Using Aveeno Clear Complexion at the moment. Would love any suggestions and adivice.

Thanks Sad Sad
Wawa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I seem to remember a few years back, there was report that Kojic acid is not quite safe, will update here if I can find the source. I've heard many good things about Mulberry, but have yet to find a product with Mulberry as its major ingredient. Vit C is a brightening agent as well plus it also has anti-aging effect, Cellex-C would be good if you wanna try that out. Oral supplement of VC could also help. Last but not the least, sunscreen is your friend Smile.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh, welcome to my life. It's bad enough having a blemish in the first place, but then to have the extra insult of a lingering mark? Mad It's just too much! I've had luck lightening my marks with Juice Beauty's Green Apple Peel---it seems to be used by a lot of people here on the forum for that purpose. Also, I read that almonds and almond oil help to lighten pigmentation and I think it's true because when I use products that contain almond ingredients (Dr. H's cleansing cream, Chidoriya Brown Sugar face soap, etc) my scars seem to lighten up more quickly. I've also heard good things about Skinceuticals Phyto+. I have a bottle but haven't tried it yet-- I'll report back about it down the road after I try it out.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've had great results with PC BHA liquid 2%. Whenever I get a pimple and it leaves a mark I put the solution on it with a q-tip and within a few days - voila - mark is gone.
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
what's PC BHA liquid 2% ??? Do think it gentle enough as my skin seems to be in hyper sensitive mode at the moment.

I swear. I want to throw in the towel--hyperpimentation is such an ordeal.

MSLiz, do keep me informed about SC phyto+ product.

Thanks!
sassy180
5% products discount

Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
It's Paula's Choice, Beta Hydroxy Solution. It's best if you start with the 1% since your skin is sensitive right now. It should still work.
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sassy180!
skinlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the JB green apple peel and it really works on pigmentation marks-also Skinceuticals Phyto + has left me with a more even complexion. Sometimes I just spot treat blemish marks with the green apple peel and that seems to help--just leave it on for a few minutes.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |