Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
::Review:: Love PSF Acne Mud
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I started breaking out bad so I bought this stuff and it is amazing for my acne and oily skin. I've never had bad acne but I've had some stress and I think that's what caused it. It has also made my t-zone less oily. Very Happy

I use it for thirty minutes and at night as a leave on for acne.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking of trying this when the Dermalogica Skin Refining Masque I have was done (I love the other PSF products I've been using, so I'd like to try more of their line).

How many times a week do you use it?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I've used it first time today as a mask - been using it overnight almost everyday (I've been purging so now my skin looks very Sad ) My skin felt less inflamed and great after the mask - it's slightly on the drier side though. I use it all over my face instead of just my t-zone (because I've been purging on my cheeks Embarassed ). I think it works better as a mask than an overnight though, but I would still buy this product as my staple for overnight acne treatments because it comes in a handy little jar and is very affordable Smile
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Moonstar,

I've used it every other day as a mask and every night as a spot treatment.

Sormuimui,

It does sometimes dry my skin but its the only thing I've used that controls my oil. I only feel dry after I take it off, once my routine is done I'm fine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Any updates on the usage of this Acne Mud? I'm looking for something to take care of/help with cysts on and around the jawline...whaddaya think girls??? wave

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
Any updates on the usage of this Acne Mud? I'm looking for something to take care of/help with cysts on and around the jawline...whaddaya think girls??? wave

Ruth,

I have cysts around my jawline to and nothing gets rid of them. My derm told me he could cut the cyst out, I need to get it done. I keep squeezing the stuff out, but since it is a gland it keeps coming back.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:00 am      Reply with quote
i bought one ,but i present it to my friend.
she need it more urgently Wink
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
adrianaL,

I too have been having problems with cysts along my chin line, and nothing seems to get rid of them. I don't know what to do, since it's only a recent phenomenon (within the past 3 months) and the differin gel just seems to dry my skin and make me itchy.

I am totally frustrated with my skin, it sucks right now and I can't seem to get it back to even how average it was last year. I'm breakin gout on my cheeks, like I never have before, I have cysts on my jawline. Sad Any advice??
Julsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Try the Dr Haushka line. I have oily skin with pimples, I bought the oily skin trial kit just over a week ago and I am loving it, I haven't used up all the samples yet but I have already ordered full-size products. These are the effects these products have had on my skin in 1 week - less oily, smoother with A LOT less bumps, much softer and well-moisturised. Try it, I don't think it could disappoint. I think after searching after 10 years I have finally found something that works for me Razz
mumushop
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Look great for the mud!!

It'll be in my wish list.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've been trying to hold off not buying this mask (I have spent a bit too much $$ on skincare since becoming an EDS member).
But I think I will have to give into this.
Please let me know how this mask is still working for you I keep getting 2-3 zits all the time- and they are huge!
I need to find my HG to get rid of them. Hopefully this mask will be it!
CG
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:31 am      Reply with quote
thanks for sharing
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
can it get rid of my blackhead in my nose?
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
OKay,
I just got my order from EDS today- they are sooo fast!
Cant wait to try everything out- I got the pumpkin peel and the mask!
CG
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
is it fine using this in conjunction with the pumpkin peel? i'd imagine skin after peeling would be a little bit more sensitive? Razz
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
OKay,
I just got my order from EDS today- they are sooo fast!
Cant wait to try everything out- I got the pumpkin peel and the mask!
CG

i think i should have a try!
Uno
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
If you want to clear acnes, I would recommend Duac to every one. It's by far the best acne medication I have tried.

I tried PSF mud, I think it's nice as a mask. But using it as an acne treatment is not very effective imo.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Ok,
I've only tried the acne mud as a spot treatment so far (too busy lately for full mask) But this mask works really well!
I would be a bit weary of using it all over your face if you have dry skin already cuz I think it will dehydrate your skin even more.

I have a small pimple surfacing and I put the mud on the spot for 2 nights in a row and I can see that it is healing fast.

Usually a pimple like this on me will come to head with a vengence, but with the mask it is deflating before it becomes a real honker.

I havent tried the pumpkin peel yet, but will update when I do.
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:26 am      Reply with quote
PSF sounds quite promising.
Alot of good reviews from their products.

I'm waiting for my next paycheck then i'll buy the mud.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I got 5 new cystic acne bumps, 4 of them are on my chin and it looks like twice its normal size. I've never had this many in one time in my life! I am soooo depressed- the acne mud isn't helping and nothing else is either.

Why can't my acne be left behind in my teenage years along with my teased bangs and "hyper color clothing???"

Anybody have any suggestions? Its not that TOTM either Sad..... But I do think I might be ovulating- could that be the culprit?

Thanks
CG
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hey CG!

While I do like the PSF acne mud, I think that I may have found something that works even better! I got it at Whole Foods, its called Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. Its 100% bentonite clay that I mix (it comes in a powder form) with equal parts ACV, smells like cat pee but it cleared my TOTM breakout up in 2 days flat. A record I think! Spot treating with it over night speeds things up even faster. Im really still kinda in shock over it.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
CG,
I would try waffle's suggestion with the rice.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=22470

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
yep, canada girl, my DIY zeno (see above post for link) does help with cystic acne. I'm busy dealing with an insane beast on my cheek right now and my little rice-sock is helping a lot (topicals don't do much when it's a deeper infection)

ETA: I just posted another link on the skincare board, realizing that a lot of people don't check the DIY board.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys!
I just read Waffle's DIY zeno- you should market your own version!
I will try it tonite. Vonstella, thanks for the suggestion- I don't have a whole foods close to me in canada- I might be making a trip over the border this weekend so I will look for your mask.

I can't beleive my face right now- the one on my cheek just grew to 3X the size it was yesterday- now I feel like people are staring at it when they talk to me and all I can think in my head is "yeah, thats right, there is a huge big a$$ pimple on my cheek and its sisters are on my chin- so WHAT???"

But I really want to get rid of them fast!!!

Waffle- how long should I keep the rice finger on my spots for? THanks!
CG
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
hey CG, if it makes you feel better I have an outrageous spot on my cheek and a matching one n my chin, fortunately which are now flat thanks to my rice trick.

If the offenders are still in the swollen stage and you haven't tried to mess with them yet, do the rice thing for about 3-5 minutes at a time, every couple of hours until you go to bed. Be sensible about how hot you go -- it should feel toasty-hot and not hurt. Although -- it may sting on the actual beasts just because they're sensitive -- check the temp on another part of your face, to make sure it's not too hot.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |