Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Valmont Nature
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Valmont has a new range called Valmont Nature. It's pretty much a mix of the Valmont DNA/RNA approach combined with a natural product approach. I received a cute little trial pouch of products (thank you EDS! ) and I'm slowly making my way through this Smile

I have so far tried "Cleansing with a gel" and "Moisturising with a cream".

The cleansing gel is very nice and also (to me) very similar to the Valmont Fresh Falls cleanser. It's a liquidy gel that leaves my face clean but not stripped. It also has a faint but refreshing clean scent that reminds me a bit of cucumbers Laughing I used this cleanser all over my face, including around the eye area with no stinging or any other problems. I have been wearing heavy eyeliner the last few weeks (it's a phase I'm going through Rolling Eyes ) and it's not doing too well with removing that so I have been using an eye makeup remover on my lids. I guess that's fair enough.

I wasn't a big fan of 'Moisturising with a Cream' because it was a bit heavy for me. I have normal/combo skin and felt that this was just too much. It wasn't oily at all and it did sink it but I simply didn't like the heavy tacky sort of feeling. Probably best left to people with drier skins (IMO). Next on my list of Valmont Nature things to try is 'Harmonizing with a Day Cream' and 'Moisturizing with a Serum'. I'm hoping that the serum will be similar to the Bio-Cellular High Performance (which is fab!), but the Nature Serum is a tad cheaper Embarassed

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Valmont Nature Moisturizing with a Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Valmont Nature Moisturizing with a Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

This velvety cream melts onto the skin to hydrate the upper layers of the epidermis and diminish moisture loss thanks to its hydrating complex skillfully combined to an anti-dehydrating complex. A selection of botanical extracts such as Rosa, Plantago and Calendula, combined with Triple DNA, postpones the appearance of skin ageing due to a dynamic lifestyle and revitalizes the epidermis.

Replaced by {{19185}}.

Mabsy

Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:18 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to update this post because I just tried the Cleansing with a Gel again and again liked it. I was actually about to write a review about it - I completely forgot that I wrote one in the past! Lucky I checked Rolling Eyes Still, I was actually going to write pretty much the same thing as I did a year ago. I never ended up buying this cleanser last year and I kind of forgot about it until I pulled the sample out the other day. I am no longer doing the "lots of eyeliner" thing so this time around I found that it was good at taking off makeup - still not as good as some other cleansers I have tried (e.g. Cellcosmet cream cleanser, Pevonia combo skin cleanser, PSF green tea cleanser). Overall, it's a very pleasant gel cleanser to use, leaves skin nice and comfortable and has a nice "Valmont" smell (those who have used Valmont will know what I mean....).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Valmont Nature eye cream for almost 2 weeks now I think. It is quite thin and applies very easily. It also soaks in fast, which I really like. I tend to be a bit dry, so I usually go for thicker creams, but this one seems to be doing the trick even though it doesn't feel very rich. It is a bit thicker than the Cellcosmet, but once I am patting it on, it feels about the same. The scent of this is really strong though, and I am not sure that I like it. My roommate, on the other hand loves the scent. I picked this up on Ebay for $60, do I am going to finish it off, but am not sure if it will be a re-purchase yet. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:51 am      Reply with quote
Any bad luck so far in ordering skincare products from ebay?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:01 am      Reply with quote
Ok bumping this thread up since there have been people who want to see reviews of some Valmont Nature Cleansers and I found this while I was searching for my own reviews of Nature products (as I was 100% sure I wrote a review on the mask AND serum when I first joined EDS but for some reason they're GONE).

So here it is again:
Valmont Nature Moisturizing with a Mask *HG*:
This is my SOS product + favorite moisture mask. I have stuck with this mask since I started using it when I was 16, I'm currently using up my 3rd or 4th jar of this stuff. I use this whenever my face needs a quick drink. As some of you already know I used to have quite oily acne-prone skin but this has NEVER broken me out or aggravated my skin problems. It isn't soothing by any means and does exact what it's supposed to do - moisturize and nothing more, although my skin is always brighter after using it. Now I have dryer skin and have just started taz and this has stopped the flakies in its tracts. I used this as a leave-in night time moisturizer when I started flaking with taz and within 3 days I stopped flaking and my skin is back to normal. It does not feel heavy at all, has a pretty light texture and provides more moisture for me than any other cream or mask I have ever used.

Unwinding with a Night Cream:
This on the other hand is a bit thick and does feel heavy on skin and similar to the day cream (moisturizing with a cream) that Mabsy mentioned above. However this also provides an extremely high level of moisture and is quite velvety. Has no problem sinking in but this would probably be too heavy for oily skin types. However this will NOT cause breakouts and neither will the day cream.

Moisturizing with a Serum:
I used this quite a while back and went through 2-3 packs of them (1 pack consists of 3 10mL tubes). However this is like water and to me not much different than using regular HA, just a bit more moisturizing. Doesn't break me out but doesn't do much for my skin either and at this price I would not recommend it. But if you need very little hydration and you have uber oily skin you might want to try it. But for me this has never proved to be enough moisture.

I've only used the day cream on a few occasions but I did go through a jar of Balancing Day Cream (which to me is the same as their current day cream) from their old Kora O'Neal line which was basically Nature's old packaging. Btw, for those of you interested Valmont revamped the whole line into Nature after rumours of ingredients in Kora O'Neal causing cancer or some sort of skin problem (can't remember the exact details but this happened when I started with the line when 6 years ago or so). But Kora O'Neal was discontinued immediately and Nature came out within months. I had been using the mask and the creams since the old line and have never seen a difference in that one and the new Nature line. Anyways, the day cream never broke me out either and at my puberty extra oily stage it was heavy but I still had no problems with using it other than that I got oilier quicker during the day.

I also used the Eye and Lip cream from the old Kora O'Neal line which I assume equates with the Eyes and Lips in the new line (Nature also has an eye balm which I have no used yet but have a travel size). Well back when I was still a teenager this was obviously too heavy and gave me milia but it also never did anything for my puffiness either. I don't have eye circles so cannot comment about that.
havana8

Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
i think i found them! are these the reviews?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=118986&highlight=valmont#118986

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=118992&highlight=valmont#118992
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks havana! Man I must be really bad with the search cuz I tried it quite a few times with "valmont nature", "nature mask", etc etc and it never came up! I knew I wasn't dreaming when I wrote those reviews! Very Happy
havana8

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui, i think it was just good luck on my part. i searched for Valmont and author (your name) at the same time and voila! it popped up. Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks sormuimui and havana. Smile

Now that sormuimui's gotten me hooked on Valmont Nature's products, I'm gonna be order them with my next EDS order. I'm definitely gonna get the Unwinding with a Night Cream and the Moisturizing with a Mask. But I'm still undecisive as to which day cream to get, the Harmonizing one or just the Moisturizing one. Has anyone tried both? Which one would you recommend? TIA! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update review sormuimui. I am such a Valmont fan and love to see reviews of products that I have not tried. Your review of the mask has really got me interested. I have also been very tempted to try the two new Nature products but have been hoping someone would review them too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:50 am      Reply with quote
lynn: I think that the day cream (moisturizing one) is very similar to the night cream. From my knowledge due to long term use of Valmont products the diff (although I have not used harmonizing myself) would most likely be that it is lighter than the moisturizing. I'd probably get the Harmonizing since you live in a tropical country and on days where your skin is acting up and feeling super dry to go over the dry patches with some of the mask as a leave-in treatment as that can be used AM OR PM. Because if you're really in need of moisture (like in the winter) I don't see why you can't use the night cream in the AM as well, imho it seems a bit tedious to get both their regular day and night creams.

For my skintype though I much prefer using the mask as a leave-in more than an actual mask and as a leave-in product I like it much better than the night cream because it's much more moisturizing than the night cream and yet lighter in texture. So for me the mask can work as a day or night cream or SOS moisture mask. And for more oilier skintypes the night/day creams are a bit heavy feeling while the mask is much lighter and may be more suitable.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:54 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui,

I think I'll get the mask first then as you're right I can use it as a leave-on treatment and a mask as well. I did use the Unwinding night cream in the morning as well, and it didn't cause any problems at all and wasn't too oily/moisturizing in any way. My skin just drank it all up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I can't use Valmont cleansing with a Gel in winter, whereas skin feeling very dry, but in summer, I have no problem with it, therefore, I use cleansing with a milk in winter.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
I ever got one sample from EDS but it still in my room I never use it. Today I will try it because of this review. Thanks so much. Laughing
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I'm using their moisturizing with a mask, which is great, to me, it's even better than renewing pack of Valmont.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
meggiequn wrote:
I'm using their moisturizing with a mask, which is great, to me, it's even better than renewing pack of Valmont.

Meggiequn, could you elaborate on how the Moisturizing With a Mask is better than the Renewing Pack? I use the Renewing Pack now, and really like it so I'm really interested to see how the other mask is better!

Hmmm, on second thought maybe I don't want to know... Smile
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that Moisturizing with a Mask is a GREAT (and the BEST I've ever tried) moisturizing mask. Same as sormuimui, my face brightens up every time I use the mask. I personally don't find Renewing Pack doing anything for me, except that it feels good when it's on.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes, now I want to try this mask! But I got a salon size of the Renewing Pack which will last me a year! Must control myself!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:40 am      Reply with quote
schang: Don't worry if you end up converting to the Moisturizing Mask - it's cheaper than the Renewing pack so you end up saving money in the long run! Very Happy
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
schang: Don't worry if you end up converting to the Moisturizing Mask - it's cheaper than the Renewing pack so you end up saving money in the long run! Very Happy

Yes! I will tell my husband I am actually saving us money! Thanks! Smile
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
While as to me, the renewing pack never works as a miracle, maybe my skin condition is always stable? and i feel the renewing pack is not exactly a moisturizing mask, it's kind of exfoliating, stimulating, energising mask, sometimes I even feel it's a deep cleansing mask, I don't know why I've got the weird feeling. But the nature mask is much safer and more comfortable.
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
I agree that Moisturizing with a Mask is a GREAT (and the BEST I've ever tried) moisturizing mask. Same as sormuimui, my face brightens up every time I use the mask. I personally don't find Renewing Pack doing anything for me, except that it feels good when it's on.

I feel exactly the same!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
glad I found this post...
have been meaning to try this product Very Happy
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Amazing product! I will buy some products for my mother.
missmia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:58 am      Reply with quote
You know what? I can't live without the Renewing Pack or Nature's Moisturizing with a Mask because they both have completely different roles as far as i'm concerned. Before Nature,i thought renewing was hydrating but now i know it doesn't even come close.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |