Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone tried DDF 7-Day Radiance Peel Kit?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the DDF 7-Day Radiance Peel Kit? I'm going to start using it tonight. I was going to get a PhotoDynamic Therapy treatment at the end of June, but I came down with Bells Palsy (a partial paralysis of some of the facial nerves one side of the face) and the Med-Spa Doctor recommended against doing it. I really want to do something to try to lighten the hyperpigmentation/sun spots on my jawline. I've been using hydroquinone, but it's not really helping. I'll let everyone know how the DDF peel kit works out for me.
Has anyone else had any experience with this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it but I'd love to know how it works for you! Keep us posted...
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Seeking-HG, Please let us know the results - I really do hope it works.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Day 1 of the DDF 7-Day Radiance Peel (last night)--
I was a little confused about how long to leave on the solution. The directions in the box say 2 minutes, but the DDF website directions say 5 minutes. I compromised and timed it somewhere between 2 and 5 mins. You mix the ingredients, apply it to the face, neck, and décolleté with the included cotton swabs, then remove it with the included neutralizer pads. Then you rinse your face and put on the included overnight complex. For day, they give you 15% sunscreen to protect your "new" skin. Very simple.
I felt some tingling, but no burning or discomfort. But keep in mind, I have very oily skin and I've been using Carekate's Super Sonic DIY mask almost every day, so my skin isn't real delicate. Tonight I think I'll go for the full 5 minutes.
The next morning (today): my face feels softer; no new acne spots; no redness; no peeling. So far, so good. I'm looking forward to finishing the week's applications! Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
This looks interesting. So you use it for 7 days in a row? That just seems like a lot for me. I would think your skin would be extremely tender by day 3 or 4. Good luck with it and please keep us posted! Very Happy
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
You use it for 7 days in a row. I read some online reviews on it, and I noticed that some people said it was too harsh for their skin and they had to discontinue use by day 3 or 4. My skin is pretty tough, though.
The kit is somewhat expensive ($100.00), but I found mine at a 60% off sale, so I only paid $40. The expiration date was coming up in a couple of months, so I guess they wanted to get rid of it. That's really the only reason I decided to try it--I'm such a sucker for a "deal".

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Day 2 of the DDF 7-Day Radiance Peel (last night)--
Uncoordinated me--I accidentally poked the provided long-tipped q-tip-type solution applicator up my nostril. I was afraid it would burn my mucous membrane, but I immediately cleaned out my nose with a wet tissue and nothing happened. I guess the solution isn't that strong, after all. This time I set the timer for 5 minutes and started out on the hyperpigmentation spots on my jawline. They give you an illustration showing how to apply the solution--forehead first, then chin, then lower cheeks, then upper cheeks, then neck & décolleté with any left-over solution. This time I decided to start with my problem spots. I felt a little stinging and experienced a little pinkness, but it went away after applying the provided night solution ("DDF Arginine Beta Gentle Resurfacing Serum"). [To be noted: I am also applying Decleor Ylang Ylang Night Balm before going to bed at night, because I just got it and don't want to mess up my "trial use period".] Naughty me--I'm even thinking about increasing the application time by a minute each subsequent night AND I'm going to try applying it a little closer to my under eyes, even though the directions say not to use it near your eyes.

The next morning (today): My face feels even softer and looks even better; no new acne spots (knock on wood); no redness; no peeling. I'm not really sure if my hyperpigmentation is getting any lighter yet, but overall, my face looks better!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Day 3 of the DDF 7-Day Radiance Peel (last night)--
I set the timer for 6 minutes for this application. I also applied it a little closer to my eyes, even though the directions say not to use it near your eyes. And this time I used the last few drops on my elbows.

The next morning (today): I forgot to use the Decleor Ylang Ylang Night Balm last night and I definitely notice a difference due to that--my face isn't as soft and doesn't look quite as good as it had been looking. That Decleor is GREAT stuff! I have 1 new acne spot on my jawline, but this is related to hormones/PMS-ing, not the DDF peel. I still have no redness, no peeling, nothing negative, only positive results so far. BTW--my elbows are really soft and even-toned now!

NOTE: I have never had a professional facial peel, so unfortunately I can't compare the results from this DDF 7-Day Radiance Peel Kit to any other type of peel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the daily updates. I look forward to them each morning! I just wanted to make sure you knew we're watching, even if we're not saying much just yet! Very Happy
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:31 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Thanks for the daily updates. I look forward to them each morning! I just wanted to make sure you knew we're watching, even if we're not saying much just yet! Very Happy

Thanks. I was afraid I was boring everyone to sleep. Question

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Day 4 of the DDF 7-Day Radiance Peel (last night)--
I set the timer for 7 minutes for this application. I didn't notice any more tingling than with the 5 or 6 minutes. I didn't even have much pinkness at all this time, either. This time I used the extra on the backs of my hands.
[I read on online reviews that some people used 1/2 of the solution, refrigerated the 2nd half, and then used the rest the next day. If you do this, it's important to REFRIGERATE any MIXED SOLUTION. This way you can either turn the 7-day peel into a 14-day peel or use part of it now and save the rest for later. Personally, I found that there wasn't enough solution to do this, as I like to apply the solution as thickly as possible.]

The next morning (today): I remembered to use the Decleor Ylang Ylang Night Balm last night. My face looks better than yesterday morning after not having used it the night before. I don't have any new (hormonal) acne spots; I still have no redness/peeling. My hyperpigmentation along the jawline seems to be getting a little lighter, but it's nothing significant. The backs of my hands feel softer but don't look much different.

NOTE: I forgot to take before pictures so I won't be able to track the results this way. Darn!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Seeking~HG wrote:
NOTE: I forgot to take before pictures so I won't be able to track the results this way. Darn!

I can't ever remember to do that either. I'm always to excited to start something that I just jump right in and think about the pics later. Laughing
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Day 5 of the DDF 7-Day Radiance Peel (last night)--
I set the timer for 8 minutes for this application. I don't know why I keep increasing the time. I guess I think that if a little is good, a lot must be better. Or maybe I'm just over-doing it like I over-do everything else in life. (?) I did notice more tingling (almost a slight stinging) this time, but I didn't have any pinkness. This time I used the extra solution on my chest/cleavage area. I wish I could bathe my entire body in it!

The next morning (today): I used the Decleor Ylang Ylang Night Balm last night on top of the provided night solution ("DDF Arginine Beta Gentle Resurfacing Serum"). My face looks about the same as yesterday morning. Have I built up a tolerance to the solution already? I don't have any new hormonal acne spots and I still don't have any redness or peeling. Sadly, the hyperpigmentation along my jawline seems to be the same. The good news--the small flower tattoo on my cleavage appears brighter and has taken on a new life. I guess it's that "1st-time miracle effect." My most impressive results were after the initial application, and I feel like a drug addict trying to recapture that very first elusive "high". Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Day 6 of the DDF 7-Day Radiance Peel (last night)--
I set the timer for 9 minutes for this application. I decided to keep increasing the time by 1 minute each day. I had some slight stinging this time, but no pinkness. This time I used the extra solution on the back of my hands.

The next morning (today)--
I used the Decleor Ylang Ylang Night Balm last night after the provided night solution ("DDF Arginine Beta Gentle Resurfacing Serum"). I don't have any new hormonal acne spots on my chin or jawline, but I woke up with one whitehead under my nose. That's strange--I usually don't get acne there, and I usually only get the cystic type of spots. I still don't have any redness or peeling anywhere on my face, and the hyperpigmentation along my jawline may have lightened a little, but it's nothing to write home about. The backs of my hands seem to be lighter today (I have done them twice now).

I'm trying to decide if I will use the last vial of solution tonight or if I should save it and use it later, maybe in a couple of weeks. Food for thought: Will the results of a "7-day peel" be totally skewed if I only do it for 6 days? Pondering the question . . .

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Day 7 [the final day] of the DDF 7-Day Radiance Peel (last night)--I decided to go ahead and finish the final application last night so that I could say I tried the 7-Day Peel. I set the timer for 10 minutes this time. More slight stinging, no pinkness. This time I used the extra solution on my BF's arm tattoo to see if it would brighten it up like it did on my tattoo.

The Next Morning (today)--No new acne spots; no redness or peeling. Face looks pretty good. I don't know why they call it a "peel" because I never had any actual peeling. In fact, I was so wary about using it because I was afraid my face would peel off due to the name that I held on to it for over a month before I got brave enough to try it. Maybe they should change the name of the product. Wink
BTW--My BF's tattoo only looks a LITTLE better today. His tattoo is the regular dark kind. Maybe mine "revived" better because mine has colored ink. (?)

My Long Term Results--I must say, the hyperpigmentation along my jawline has lightened some, but it's not the "miracle" I was hoping for. Overall, my face looks better than it did before day 1--more even-toned, better clarity, clearer skin, but still not really GREAT. (I don't think I will ever achieve that status. Brick wall )

Now for the million-dollar question . . . would I repurchase this product? Drum roll . . . Well, I really won't know until I try a professional peel to compare results. I recently saw an ad in a local magazine saying that I can get a glycolic peel done at a local beauty college for $25. I'm going to give that a try next. I don't think I would ever buy the DDF 7-Day Radiance Peel for the regular retail price of $100, but if I ever found it on sale for $40 again, I probably would buy it. Another option I would consider would be to buy one on sale (or cheaply on eBay) and then use one vial at a time, maybe one each week or one a month.

**I'm happy that now I can start using my beloved L'Oreal facial tanning towels and all of my other EDS Forum recommendations again! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:30 am      Reply with quote
Awesome review! As I'm reading I'm thinking, now there's some dedication! Not only doing the 7 day treatment but taking the time to chronical each for our benefit.

Quick question. Do you think adding time made a difference in your results? Oh, ok 2 questions Embarassed What was the final result for your hands & elbows beyond the softness?

And would you mind posting an update in say a week or so 'post program'?

Thanks again for the review.. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:

Q #1: Do you think adding time made a difference in your results?
Q #2: What was the final result for your hands & elbows beyond the softness?
Q #3: And would you mind posting an update in say a week or so 'post program'? Smile

A #1: I wondered about this, myself. I added the minutes just to make sure I was getting the full benefits, but without taking a chance on burning my skin. I don't think the 2-5 minutes was long enough for my skin type. I never really had any burning or irritation, so I didn't think it would be a problem. I think it worked for me, but I have very oily, "tough" skin, so I don't know how it would work for others.
A #2: I used it only once on my elbows--they look even-toned now, where they used to look rough and darker than the rest of my arm. I used it twice on the backs of my hands--they look a little lighter now, skin texture is a LITTLE better, but I have some sun spots that are still there. (My hands look like a 90-year-old's hands, so I didn't expect any miracles here!)
A #3: I will try to remember to post an update in a week or so, and after I try a professional glycolic peel for comparison. I just don't know how long I need to wait before I do the glycolic peel. Any suggestions?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
If anyone is interested, here are some (mixed) reviews on this product from MUA--
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=26365/DDF_7-Day_Radiance_Peel_Kit/DDF/Treatments/
One reviewer stated: "I've discovered Makeup Artists Choice's peels so I no longer use this product. MUAC peels are fantastic and they mimic the peels I used to get at the dermatologist."
I think I'm going to try this one next!
Note: My 1-week follow-up review will be coming up soon . . .

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Whoops! I forgot to post my 1-week follow-up. Well, here's my 3-week + a few days follow-up on the DDF 7-Day Radiance Peel Kit--
I decided that I would NOT repurchase this product, especially since the cost is high ($100.00). The results were O.K., but not spectacular. My face is just about back to status quo now, and my elbows aren't soft anymore. It seems as though this type of treatment needs to be on-going for permanent results. (?) I would suggest experimenting with the Make-Up Artist's Choice or Platinum Skincare peels instead. That's my next plan of action, once I get the extra finances.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Seeking~HG wrote:
Whoops! I forgot to post my 1-week follow-up. Well, here's my 3-week + a few days follow-up on the DDF 7-Day Radiance Peel Kit--
I decided that I would NOT repurchase this product, especially since the cost is high ($100.00). The results were O.K., but not spectacular. My face is just about back to status quo now, and my elbows aren't soft anymore. It seems as though this type of treatment needs to be on-going for permanent results. (?) I would suggest experimenting with the Make-Up Artist's Choice or Platinum Skincare peels instead. That's my next plan of action, once I get the extra finances.

I was just about to mention their peels until I got to the end of your post! I've done Platinum's 50% glycolic peel several times and am about to do my first 12.5% TCA. I did a test spot on Wednesday and it doesn't look like it's going to be bad at all. I was afraid of being pink for a while and really peeling and needing downtime. I think that I'll start my first peel on a Friday night, just in case I do have redness beyond 24 hours. The problem is, I couldn't do it last night since I just did the test area and this coming weekend is Labor day so I'm sure I'll be at the lake in the sun. I guess I'll shoot for the following Friday even though it's going to be hard to wait!

Some of the pics I've seen from TCA show some very impressive results, but since this stuff is so powerful, you definitely want to start slow. Let me know what you decide to try. I hear the lactic peels are great as well and plan to try those after my 3 TCA peels. Very Happy
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:

I've done Platinum's 50% glycolic peel several times and am about to do my first 12.5% TCA.

Thanks for the tips, TAMgirl99. Did you start out with the 50% glycolic solution? If not, what % did you use at first?

5% products discount

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your tips. It's helpful as I'm thinking about purchasing it Wink
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
mcaleung wrote:
Thanks for your tips. It's helpful as I'm thinking about purchasing it Wink

If you try it, will you please let us know how it worked out for you? Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:21 am      Reply with quote
After reading the posts in regard of DDF 7-day peel, I have hesitation to give it a try. Thanks for the comments being posted in Forum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
i also want to know the result!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |