Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review:: PSF Pumpkin Enzyme Peel just ROCKED MY WORLD!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
OMG I am close to tossing away my JOB Apple Peel... damn... it was expensive.... I guess I will keep it for all over the body peel & for sure I will never repurchase!

I actually loved it... even 10 minutes ago I would rave & recommend it to everybody....

I am so excited now!!! Feeling all rosy & peachy!!! OK... shoud try to stay on topic...

Arrow PSF Pumpkin Enzyme Peel!!!

I got this funny looking sample a while back... the appearance of the sample didn't really appeal to me first... smell didn't either (smells like freshly baked pumpkin pie)... Never been to passionate about pumpkin pies Confused ! But OMG now I respect pumpkins!!! Very Happy

Anyway, I have been using JB Green Apple peel for some time now (once a week during 5-6 weeks), was loving the smoothness it provided (wasn't able to stop touching myself - for those who remember me raving about it) . Still consider it to be a good product overall but it just can not be compared with this Darren's concoction. Wink PSF Pumpkin Enzyme Peel is most amazing staff I've ever put on my face. Granted I could keep it on my face like a minute only - I am totally amazed with the results! I have comb. skin prone to occasional breakouts, currently fighting a couple of pimples (left after using LaurESS MMU - I know that for sure now) & always looking for a remedy to achieve even skin tone (fade my acne marks) & would like to do some serious work at my forehead (I have few acne scars and possible even few tiny wrinkles there - not sure though - I am the only one who sees it). My goal is not to wear any foundation! I know its possible, I personally met few women who actually have a flawless complexion (& zero make-up on). Its my dream & goal!

ok back to our pumpkins.... from PSF site:
"This delicious mask combines the exfoliating power of glycolic & salicylic acids with natural, active pumpkin enzymes (protease) to create an effective peel that is safe enough to do right in your home! Exfoliate dead skin cells to reveal smoother, younger looking skin. This easy one-step peel rinses right off with no neutralizing, no burning, no flaking or redness. Smells like freshly baked pumpkin pie!

Pumpkin is known to be the highest source of natural vitamin A, along with over 100 other beneficial vitamins & nutrients. Alpha & Beta-Hydroxy acids have been shown to promote smoother, younger looking skin by increasing the rate of cellular renewal. Use this peel to rejuvenate the face, neck, and tops of hands. This peel is ideal for the treatment of acne, hyperpigmentation, and fine lines & wrinkles."

I do not have sensitive skin... I almost never experience any tingling, burning or other sensations... I felt a little bit of tingling for first few seconds with JB Green Apple Peel, but then I felt nothing & I could kept it on my face for a long time without any discomfort. Pumpkin Enzyme Peel just rocked my world! Initial tingling got into almost burning Shock & I could see my face were getting pink through this orange pumpkin on my face . For the record: I did a sensitivity test first applying it to my wrist - all good, no burning, nothing got red, etc. After I saw my face changing color that quickly I got scared & washed the peel off.

I kept it less then a minute on my face & it was more then enough to notice a 10 times difference I have ever achieved with JB GA peel. My skin looks more even, I do not mention it being soft, silky & almost poreless because I got similar results with JB staff & other acids I am currently using - but what I want to mention is the difference with my acne marks. There is the noticeable difference. If I knew how to post a picture I certainly would. I wish I could say that the acne marks just disappeared... Rolling Eyes I wish.... but what I can say for sure (the very least) is that they definitely don't look as bad as before. I tend to believe that my most recent acne marks are gone... There are still some older acne marks left (the brownish ones), but there are no red ones. Anyhow for being on my face less then a minute it did a GREAT job... I could not really ask for more... I already have some difficulties to believe in what I see... I don't think I would be mentally able to accept any better results. Laughing

As of right now I am ready for a new dose of HA & Emu Oil, my skin is feeling pretty tight, but not dry. Doesn't look irritated at all - actually looks pretty nice. I do believe thought that I will experience some flaking tomorrow... because it felt really strong... but will see.

Hey, the price is $26... comparing to my recent purchases its cheap as a pumpkin... Will trade my 1/3 used JB GP for PSF Pumkin all day long!!!

Warning: Sensitive ladies please be careful... I guess its possible that it just my skin that reacts in that way to that particular peel, but it also possible that this peel is just really strong! Out of all the recent staff I tried - PSF Pumpkin Peel gets the highest score from me. For the money spent, for time time used - the results I got are incrediable!!! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
PSF Pure Skin Formulations Pumpkin Enzyme Peel in JAR (70.87 g / 2.5 oz)
PSF Pure Skin Formulations Pumpkin Enzyme Peel in JAR (70.87 g / 2.5 oz)

This delicious mask combines the exfoliating power of glycolic & salicylic acids with natural, active pumpkin enzymes (protease) to create an effective peel that is safe enough to do right in your home! Exfoliate dead skin cells to reveal smoother, younger looking skin.

Replaced by {{23048s}}

shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I hope it works...

Here are my pictures: before, during & after PSF Pumpkin Peel.

[url]share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2AaNnDFuzbMXIQ[/url]
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I give in, Im buying this.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review! I just caved and bought it today so it was nice to come across your post and feel good about my purchase choice. Wink

Can't wait to try it!

Btw, have you ever tried MyChelle's Incredible Pumpkin Peel? Am wondering how it compares...

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:30 am      Reply with quote
I REALLY LOVE this product as well!! Ever since I found it, my JB apple peel has taken a back seat. I find this product much more effective!

I also accidently left it on for about 25mins the first time I used it! (didn't read instructions Laughing ) But my skin was fine. No damage done. In fact I still leave it on for about 15 mins when I use it.

I feel like it is a much stronger product than the apple peel.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the JB! Now I'm going to have to try this too!
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Ouch... I am going through some major flaking today... pretty isolated though:on my chin & on my forehead.
Getting run out of my Emu Oil & HA.... reapplying it like every 2 hours or so....
I have a sample of PSF's Organic Moisture Masque... will it help? Think I am not sure what is the smart move to make... Shouls I just leave my peeled skin alone for a day or should I continue soaking it in Emu Oil & use other moisurizing treatments?
Does anybody know the strength of the acids in this Pumpkin Peel. I use 2% BHA followed by 15% Mandelic Acid on a daily basis & never got any peelings afterwards. Never peeled after JB GA Peel either...

I am looking closer to other PSF Products...
Whats your favourite PSF Product? Has anybody tried MicroCrystal Resurfacing Cream?
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if they've changed the formula on this product? I tried it 3 months ago, left it on for 20 minutes, and..... nothing! That's why I went for the GA peel, it was much more effective on my skin. There was no difference at all with the pumpkin peel so... maybe I should give it another go! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:
I wonder if they've changed the formula on this product? I tried it 3 months ago, left it on for 20 minutes, and..... nothing! That's why I went for the GA peel, it was much more effective on my skin. There was no difference at all with the pumpkin peel so... maybe I should give it another go! Laughing

I tried it a few month ago too, and it did nothing to my skin. I cannot say that I see a huge difference with GA peel, but at least I see a little effect from using it. Laughing
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
WOW PSF Organic Moisture Masque did help!!!
I don't think I will buy it as a full size though... but it definately one those make you feel good treatments!
Gosh... its going to be a long weekend & I am at home all by myself... just with my samples... mmmm... divine... Very Happy
I might even treat myself with Valmont Renewing Pack... I hope my skin won't freak out from all this new staff I am applying since yesterday Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sportygirl and jumpingball
Seems to me it would have rather a dramatic effect on some people here because a lot of them are under 25. I wouldn't have dreamt of using something like this at that age. The pumpkin's nice and gentle but it's certainly not rocking my early 40s world. M Smile
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Seems to me it would have rather a dramatic effect on some people here because a lot of them are under 25. I wouldn't have dreamt of using something like this at that age. The pumpkin's nice and gentle but it's certainly not rocking my early 40s world. M Smile

Laughing
Yeah, I am under 25... I guess I should stated it in my post...

Molly, what did rock you world? Wink
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

That makes sense. I guess some of us old girls have tougher skin and need to bring out the "big guns". Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Molly, what did rock you world?

Shantel, skincarewise - Lately, Mandelic acid. As for the other things in life I'm not telling you because you're too young Laughing
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, i'm one of those "older girls" as well (obviously) : PSF PP didn't do anything for me (i needed a glycolic peel for "rocking"...)
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

Hi Molly,

I was thinking of purchasing this product after Shantel's awesome review, but i remember you saying in another topic, that ladies under 30 shouldn't generally use peels. i remember vaguely that you stated some exceptions, do you think this mask is too strong really for someone in their mid 20s?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I wish i didn't see your post, Shantel. I caved in and ordered this because of your review and pictures. My credit card is not thanking me. Laughing
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
I wish i didn't see your post, Shantel. I caved in and ordered this because of your review and pictures. My credit card is not thanking me. Laughing

My credit cards probably hate the day when I found EDS Laughing

Let me know how will you like the peel... I am still flaking...
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
shantel wrote:
dollbird wrote:

My credit cards probably hate the day when I found EDS Laughing

Let me know how will you like the peel... I am still flaking...

Wow you are still flaking? And you left it on your face for less than a minute right? Uh oh. Did you only use it once since then? I have the same skin as you too: combo, acne prone, not known to be sensitive. Same concerns as well: mainly to get rid of acne scars and even out skin tone. I'm praying i get the same great results as you, but not the same flaky reaction. Yikes. Will you continue using it?
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:

Wow you are still flaking? And you left it on your face for less than a minute right? Uh oh. Did you only use it once since then? I have the same skin as you too: combo, acne prone, not known to be sensitive. Same concerns as well: mainly to get rid of acne scars and even out skin tone. I'm praying i get the same great results as you, but not the same flaky reaction. Yikes. Will you continue using it?

Yes I will definately continue using it - I ordered a full size.
About my flaking - I do not believe the PSF's Peel was the main reason for that. 3-4 days prior I started my new skin care regimen including 2% Salycylic Acid followed by 15% Mandelic Acid. So RSF Peel was the last drop to trigger this whole peeling/flaking process. Plus I am curently out of my HA & Emu Oil (second day already) that doesn't really help either. But its getting better - I stopped using all my acids for few days - just using Dr. H to calm down my skin... and truthfully I can't wait to use this peel again Shock Laughing
HTH
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds so good.
But,does it do anything for us more mature ladies? Wrinkles,old acne scars,etc.
Please shout out,I really want to try it,but,don't want to waste $$$$.
Thank you so much....
Linda Smile
stef0nie

Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very interested in buying the pumpking peel, but I wanted to know how long is its shelf life? I read of it growing little white growths? Would refrigeration help? Thanks.
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
It sounds so good.
But,does it do anything for us more mature ladies? Wrinkles,old acne scars,etc.
Please shout out,I really want to try it,but,don't want to waste $$$$.
Thank you so much....
Linda Smile

Linda, I am not sure about more mature ladies (I heard they are rocking their worlds with GA peels & Mandelic Acids Laughing ), but what I know is that you can order a sample size from PSF's web site for like $3-4 & try it to decide if you like it or not.

stef0nie, I am not sure about the shelf life & would also like to know the answer.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you,for the reminder about a sample.
I too am interested in how long it lasts in the normal size and didn't we hear someone had mold in theirs.
Thanks again,you are so sweet.
Linda
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm 54 and love this product. I use it once a week at most. It's a great, quick exfoliator that leaves my skin polished. Mine hasn't sprouted any mold, but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to refrigerate it just in case.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |