Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
glee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:40 am      Reply with quote
I got a free sample of this wonderful lip balm when i re-order my Night Rythmic Ampoules. And is has since became my favorite lip balm! It's very soothing, doesn't have much fragrance (which i fear) and it's leaving my lips soooooo soft. thumbs up!
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Lip Balm (4.5 ml)
Dr Hauschka Lip Balm (4.5 ml)

Intensive soothing care for dry, chapped lips, this rich balm promotes skin renewal as it moisturises and softens. Lip Balm provides a translucent shine and helps visibly reduce fine lines around the mouth. Calendula and St. John’s wort extracts encourage renewal. Silk and anthyllis strengthen delicate lip tissue to give the lips a velvety feel and a long-lasting warm, floral scent. This intensive care results in beautiful, soft lips.

gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:46 am      Reply with quote
i also got this free sample from my last order. yet i don't know whether i should give it to one of my girlfriends or use it myself. can't decide Bad Grin but to be honest i'm quite interested to use it myself since you said it's hardly scented Wink
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:54 am      Reply with quote
I do not like heavily scented product near my lips so this sounds like a good option for me.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:05 am      Reply with quote
I thinks it's somewhat highly scented actually Embarassed but I quite like the rose scent...& it's a great product too! Wink
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
you got me there!
i love roses...
decision made! Bad Grin
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
couldn't resist the temptation, finally ripped open the plastic cover.

just wanna say, I LOVE IT!
smells so good...
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried their lip balm and chap stick. I like both, however I dont think I would repurchase their chap stick. I find it to be the same as other chap sticks that are cheaper.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
I've tried their lip balm and chap stick. I like both, however I dont think I would repurchase their chap stick. I find it to be the same as other chap sticks that are cheaper.

I have to say I agree. I just repurchased the balm though today. I LOVE IT!!! I live in Denver where it is really dry and it does such a nice job of keeping my lips in good shape.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I love this lipbalm and apply every night without fail. Smells so good and very moisturising. I do not think I would repurchase in the pot as I do think it is slightly unhygenic (sp?) putting my finger in the pot all the time, I would probably go for the stick lipbalm instead.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Rosebud, I think that the pot is more moisturizing than the stick (and smells nicer IMO). I use a little brush to apply mine as I hate getting the balm on my fingers, although when I do, I moisturize my ragged cuticles with the excess.
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
i love that stuff!
coolmommy
5% products discount

Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I love the lip care stick, so I wonder if the balm is the same formula...
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
the lip stick is worse than the lip balm,the balm can be soaked.but the stick just rich but just on the surface.
i'd better choose the balm Rolling Eyes
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I too got this a while back, but I never seemed to care for it, which is odd since I really like a lot of their products. I found I'd have to reapply very often and that it never seemed to moisterize my lips (almost the opposite of what some of you have mentioned). Perhaps it was the texture that turned me off. How is the composition different for the lip care stick?
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I have now been using both for the past two weeks (I've had the balm a few months prior to purchasing the stick). I really love both. I use the balm around the house and the stick when I'm out and about. I find both moisturizing (it's very dry here in Denver) and I've gotten used to the strong scent. Both, I think, do a great job but I don't think I could live without the balm now. I find it perfect!
Zanamer
5% products discount

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I switched to this after reading all the rave reviews and I have to admit - it's fabulous! I apply it morning and night and my lips feel smoother. When I apply lipstick now, it just glides on better and stays longer. I'm thinking of trying the DIY recipe by kayanl when this runs out:

Quote:

Here's a recipe for Dr. H's Lip Balm
(please note that all percentages are given by weight)
Castor Oil - 25%
Jojoba Oil - 20%
Beeswax - 10%
Shea Butter - 15%
Candelilla Wax - 10%
Sweet Almond Oil 15%
Apricot Kernel Oil - 5%
Essential oils, flavorings, and other additives
1. Heat everything except the optional additives until the waxes melt (about 90 degrees C).

2. Remove from heat and quickly add your essential oils and other stuff, stir rapidly to disperse the ingredients.

3. Pour into containers quickly before the mixture starts to solidify. Refrigerate.

Has anyone made it? How does it compare?
TIA!
moomin
5% products discount

Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Excellent lip balm!! The stick is good too!!
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
This is one of my staple products--I use it every day, usually over the lipliner pencil.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love it and I just bought one for my sister.
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Amazingly enough I truly adore this lip balm that comes in a jar, but I really do not like stick version at all... Think Can't understand why... isn't it supposed to be the same product just diffrently packaged?!
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
shantel wrote:
Can't understand why... isn't it supposed to be the same product just diffrently packaged?!

I've only used the stick, not the balm, but I'm assuming it's gooey (for lack of a better word Very Happy). The stick most likely has additional ingredients to hold its solid properties, making it slightly different.
Tammy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:20 am      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
shantel wrote:
Can't understand why... isn't it supposed to be the same product just diffrently packaged?!

I've only used the stick, not the balm, but I'm assuming it's gooey (for lack of a better word Very Happy). The stick most likely has additional ingredients to hold its solid properties, making it slightly different.

CareKate mentioned that to get a lipbalm into a stick form, there is likely more wax so that it will be solid. That additional wax changes the formulation and therefore the texture.

hths.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I went through 2 tubs of the lip balm, but I gave up on it as it's hard to get a hold of here where I live, and it's just not worth it for me ordering it online as the shipping cost more than the product itself. However, I really did like the balm a lot. It really moisturized my lips very well (though I'm addicted to lip balm and apply it every half hour or so), but I did find it a pain to get it out of the pot. The tub is so small and it's just hard to use every bit of it. Plus I don't think it's that hygenic sticking your finger in it over and over. If they decided to do it in a better packaging, I would definitely repurchase again. I know they carry it in a stick but my friend who has used it said it isn't as good as the lip balm in a pot.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I bought the balm before I bought the stick. And I when I first used the stick, I was disappointed to. I thought it was not as moisturizing as the balm and did not absorb will. HOWEVER, after having used it for a couple of weeks, I feel like I've 'broken it in'. It glides on my lips much easier and is just like the balm.

Needless to say, now I use the stick during the day and the balm at home! absolutely love both!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I too received the lip balm and the lip care stick as a "free gift" from EDS and must say I am loving both of them equally. I usually carry the lip care stick with me when I'm out and leave the lip balm for home use or home application. I love the way the lip blam smells, like a soft vanilla and rose scent (at least to me that's what it smells like). I think they are both great conditioning lip treatments and have a really nice subtle sheen.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |