Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: FREEZE 24-7 Ice Shield Face WASH with SPF 15
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
After looking all over the place for reviews of this new product, i just went ahead and bought it myself Very Happy. It arrived today and i was excited to write a review, so here i am. warning--this is an early review, if i notice any adverse effects, i will update.

I bought this for my dad who is very lazy with skincare, but I am trying it myself also.

Freeze 24/7 I believe is the first company to come up with the idea of a face wash that has an spf in it. I think this idea is awesome and great for the lazy person or a religious skin fanatic like myself if i ever have to rush somewhere in the morning and don't have time to apply sunscreen.

I initially thought the face wash would leave behind a film as i can't quite imagine a protective layer of SPF being left behind otherwise. From the reviews i have read here on EDS and MUA, the main complaint with Freeze products is that they tend to leave a white film behind. i wasn't confident about the wash and expected a residue, but i was pleasantly surprised by the wash. The wash itself is white smooth milky cream. i squeezed a little too much out (i think a dime size would be sufficient for the face), and massaged it into my skin for about 1-2 minutes just as instructed, and rinsed off the cleanser. I then PATTED my face dry with a towel. I was amazed how soft and nice my skin felt. no sticky films, my skin is just incredibly soft. i didn't apply a moisturizer afterwards, and my skin is still soft and smooth hours after washing.

I wish the SPF were higher on this product, i hope freeze decides to make one with an spf 30 or 50. The wash does provide UVA as well as UVB protection. from the ingredients (check out the link below), titanium dioxide seems to be the filter they use here, but it is pretty low on the ingredient list.

The Freeze 24-7 Ice Shield Face Wash with SPF 15 is sold on EDS for $48 for 4.8 oz bottle, which makes it kinda pricey, but considering the face wash is actually a moisturizer (i think) plus sunscreen, the price is pretty good. this is a fun concept and i hope other companies will catch on Smile.

anyhow, i think this christmas a lot of my "lazier with skincare" family and friends will be receiving this face wash!

anyone have any questions, please let me know! i gave the face wash to my dad, but i will be stealing it occassionally, when i feel lazy! Very Happy

for the curious, here's the link:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/freeze-24-7-ice-shield-fa-p_5646.htm

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Freeze 24-7 Ice Shield Facial Cleanser with Sunscreen SPF 15 (125ml / 4.2oz)
Freeze 24-7 Ice Shield Facial Cleanser with Sunscreen SPF 15 (125ml / 4.2oz)

The FIRST-EVER Wash-On Sunscreen with SPF 15 and UVA/UVB Protection in a Facial Cleanser. By simply washing your face, Ice Shield™ provides protection against harmful UVA/UVB rays, one of the leading causes of skin aging. This super-charged SPF cleanser protects, hydrate, and clarifies your complexion while infusing skin with essential anti-oxidants.

Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, skincareaddicted. Keep us updated! It's an interesting product, although it's a little outside my normal cleanser budget. A higher SPF would be nice for the price.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review!

I am thinking that if this does actually offer the SPF protection as advertised that it would be great for people like your dad.

Since we put our SPF on last, I would venture to guess that it would not be as effective for those of us who follow our wash with other products, especially those that like toners.

Please let us know how your Dad likes it...

Thanks again!
Bosoxy.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review!
I expect your latest review Smile

Tue May 08, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
anyhow, i think this christmas a lot of my "lazier with skincare" family and friends will be receiving this face wash!

anyone have any questions, please let me know! i gave the face wash to my dad, but i will be stealing it occassionally, when i feel lazy! Very Happy

for the curious, here's the link:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/freeze-24-7-ice-shield-fa-p_5646.htm

hi skincareaddicted! i was wondering how this performed in the sun and if you were still using it? TIA!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SCA,
I was wondering since you're washing your face, wouldn't the water simply remove the SPF, so it makes it ineffective for sun protection? You know how you are told if you sweat or go swimming, you have to reapply the SS b/c whatever you put on before would get washed off by your sweat or the water?
C
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering about the same thing - this seems a bit strange to me - spf in a cleasing product?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, sorry i didn't see your question until now. you know, i wondered the same thing about the spf being washed off.

the directions do say to massage the cleanser in for 1-2 minutes, so i suppose that helps bind it to the skin. when i rinse the cleanser off and pat dry gently (do not rub!) it does leave something behind i have to admit. it's not the squeakly clean feeling i usually get with my regular cleansers but then again, it's not as emollient a feel as milky/cream cleansers can leave behind. i have no idea how to test if the spf actually works but i figure it can't be a completely false claim.

my dad is on his second tube of this cleanser and i would never let him know how much it actually costs! it is pricey but better than no sunscreen for him.

~Kristen

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kristen!

I am glad that your father is using this, and liking it enough to be on his 2nd tube!

I was just over my bil's this afternoon... He had been outside all morning and early afternoon and it showed! The back of his neck, his ears and his nose... Shock Shock

I asked him if he was wearing sunscreen and he said he was... but it obviously isn't enough or he isn't applying enough... His brother did talk to him a bit about it as we certainly do not want him to have to deal with skin cancer...

Take care.
Bosoxy.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
sounds interesting products,will think about it!
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review!!
moonshadow
5% products discount

Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
I am wondering about the same thing - this seems a bit strange to me - spf in a cleasing product?

me too, it sounds 'strange'...
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I hope he's only using it in the morning! Or would it be too difficult to get him to use 2 different cleansers, and remember which one is for the morning and which one's at night, and actually stick to that?

skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi, sorry i didn't see your question until now. you know, i wondered the same thing about the spf being washed off.

the directions do say to massage the cleanser in for 1-2 minutes, so i suppose that helps bind it to the skin. when i rinse the cleanser off and pat dry gently (do not rub!) it does leave something behind i have to admit. it's not the squeakly clean feeling i usually get with my regular cleansers but then again, it's not as emollient a feel as milky/cream cleansers can leave behind. i have no idea how to test if the spf actually works but i figure it can't be a completely false claim.

my dad is on his second tube of this cleanser and i would never let him know how much it actually costs! it is pricey but better than no sunscreen for him.

~Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
so how do you remove the SPF from your skin at the end of the day? Certainly not with this cleanser since it adds it not removes it? So you need 2 different cleansers? And the second one should be a more deep cleaning one m thinking? Confused

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |