Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Valmont L Elixir Des Glaciers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:34 am      Reply with quote
As most of you know by now, I only review those products which give me a huge WOW factor and this is one of them.
I have read the guidelines for reviewing and so I will say up front that the packaging is outrageous and the price is, well, way up there. But IMO it is worth every cent.
I loved the texture which has a slight creamy feel but not too much, almost no perfume smell, just a very faint hint.
The product just melts into your skin as soon as it is applied leaving your skin looking and feeling very fresh.
It also seems to be a total skin routine just on its own. I used it night and morning with only the addition of sunscreen during the day and after my L Elixir Eye Cream ran out, I also used it around my eyes with stunning results.
From my perspective, it is the ultimate indulgence in skin care but it isn't an expensive hype. In the two months that I used it (that is how long the jar lasted for me) I had the most significant improvements in my skin, improvements I could see such as significant reduction in eye lines and lines above my top lip and a more even complexion.
This product is rich in DNA and I have found that I receive the best results from products that have significant amounts of DNA (also why I love Remergent).
I will use this product again (have already reordered it) but due to price will use it as a treat every few months as a boost to Remergent.

I know the packaging is exhorbitant and the price even more so but for sheer quality in texture and performance it certainly gets a 5/5 from me.

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Valmont L'ELIXIR DES GLACIERS Regenerating Eye Cream (15 ml)
Valmont L'ELIXIR DES GLACIERS Regenerating Eye Cream (15 ml)

The world’s most precious skin care formula A luxurious skin care product with all-round effectiveness: action against programmed, environmental and photo-induced visible signs of ageing. Day after day, this divine treatment with a fine, sensuous and lusciously creamy texture will reveal a fresher complexion and leave your skin feeling smoother, firmer, better-toned - and looking radiantly youthful and healthy.

Replaced by {{12280}}

hindoss
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:30 am      Reply with quote
I've just start using Elixir Des Glaciers vos yeux sample which i've received with my recent EDS order. it is just like magic i can feel something happening to my eyes it's really gentle and keeps the eye area hydrated without any irritation
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks bushy for the lovely review Wink I was waiting for it...LOL! It sounds like a very refined product.....just wish it wasn't that expensive Rolling Eyes

I think I am still a bit too young to use it - my excuse for now, any way. But will keep this in mind for later use. Meantime, I will try your other rave...LOL Remergent. I am so glad that EDS is carring it, and I am just ready to make an order.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:59 am      Reply with quote
i didn't know this range was for more mature skin Laughing
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I am currently using the eye cream sample and I do find that the cream texter is very light compared to Cellcosmet eye contour cream. It feels a lot heavier but I feel that the moisterizing last longer then Valmont's. With Valmont's sample, I only apply it a night and I use Cellcosmet eye contour gel-XT to control my eyelid puffiness.

With that being said, I still prefer Cellcosmet eye contour cream and I plan to use it day and night and on the side, keep the eye contour gel-XT for allergy season.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Your right hindoss...What an excuse! Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
bushy it is great to have you back on the forum!

bushy wrote:
This product is rich in DNA and I have found that I receive the best results from products that have significant amounts of DNA (also why I love Remergent).

I was not aware that the Remergent products contained any DNA. I thought that they only help to repair your DNA.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I've asked EDS if they'd be kind enough to include a sample of this and the eye cream with the order I've just placed. (Remergent - yay!)

I desperately want to try it. If I like it as well as you do, I seriously think I'll have to give in to temptation and buy some.

Bye, bye, money. Embarassed
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
i had an unfortunate encounter with this whilst you were gone.... used it once and fell madly in love.... and now you say it's even good for camping trips. i am doomed....
akhl
5% products discount

Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="bushy"]As most of you know by now, I only review those products which give me a huge WOW factor and this is one of them.
I have read the guidelines for reviewing and so I will say up front that the packaging is outrageous and the price is, well, way up there. But IMO it is worth every cent.
I loved the texture which has a slight creamy feel but not too much, almost no perfume smell, just a very faint hint.
The product just melts into your skin as soon as it is applied leaving your skin looking and feeling very fresh.
It also seems to be a total skin routine just on its own. I used it night and morning with only the addition of sunscreen during the day and after my L Elixir Eye Cream ran out, I also used it around my eyes with stunning results.
From my perspective, it is the ultimate indulgence in skin care but it isn't an expensive hype. In the two months that I used it (that is how long the jar lasted for me) I had the most significant improvements in my skin, improvements I could see such as significant reduction in eye lines and lines above my top lip and a more even complexion.
I will use this product again (have already reordered it) but due to price will use it as a treat every few months as a boost to Remergent.

I know the packaging is exhorbitant and the price even more so but for sheer quality in texture and performance it certainly gets a 5/5 from me.

[/quote]

I totaly agree with your comment with the L'Elixir cream and eye cream. But it is too expensive. I know that Valmont has a new line called " Intensive Chrono Cellular Treatment", I wonder when we can order from EDS.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
too expensive for me at this moment, i am 32 now, will consider using that once i turn to 40!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
bushy it is great to have you back on the forum!

I was not aware that the Remergent products contained any DNA. I thought that they only help to repair your DNA.

Thanks TheresaL. Actually you are right. Remergent works on repairing the DNA and Valmont also does the same in a different way. Anything that adds/repairs DNA is a winner with me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this cream and it was great but i think im still too young for this product, maybe when i get older. But i thought it was amazing, its just too pricey.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this cream and it was great but i think im still too young for this product, maybe when i get older. But i thought it was amazing, its just too pricey.
shubingrt
5% products discount

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that this product should be used up within 2-3 months? so after that it would not be effective? $400 for only 2 months seems to be too much Neutral
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
You are right in that it is recommended to use it up within 2 to 3 months but I had no trouble in using it up in 2 months as my skin could take as much as I could put on and it still absorbed completely.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:32 am      Reply with quote
I am really wanting to try these products, REALLY!! I am 26 with good skin, do you think I would benefit from say 1 jar a year. Bushy have you used the face cream around your eye area?
Thanks
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
I am really wanting to try these products, REALLY!! I am 26 with good skin, do you think I would benefit from say 1 jar a year. Bushy have you used the face cream around your eye area?
Thanks

I think anyone would benefit from one jar a year and you certainly can use it around your eyes as I did. The only thing to remember is that if you like it like I do then you may want more than one jar a year.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Bushy

How long the excellent results last from? Say I got 2 jars a year, would it help maintain the results if as you suggest using Remergent at other times.

Does it improve pores too?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
pal wrote:
Thanks

I think anyone would benefit from one jar a year and you certainly can use it around your eyes as I did. The only thing to remember is that if you like it like I do then you may want more than one jar a year.

bushy, what is the best season to use this if we can only limit to one jar a year? summer? fall/ winter/ is it moisterizing enough for the canadian winter? Rolling Eyes
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
Bushy

How long the excellent results last from? Say I got 2 jars a year, would it help maintain the results if as you suggest using Remergent at other times.

I am hoping the results will continue to last and improve. I used Remergent for 3 months followed by L Elixir for 2 months. I am back on Remergent but have ordered more L Elixir so when that arrives I will use it up and then go back to Remergent. I think they are both good for pores as I have no blemishes with these products and my pores do look a lot smaller. I am also now using the Cellcosmet Exfoliator twice a week and I think that too has helped my pores but I can't be certain as I only started using it when I first started the Remergent.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:

bushy, what is the best season to use this if we can only limit to one jar a year? summer? fall/ winter/ is it moisterizing enough for the canadian winter? Rolling Eyes

I am not sure of the answer to this one as I don't know how cold or dry the Canadian winter is. I used it towards the end of our winter and in areas where the air was extremely dry and it certainly provided sufficient moisture. The L Elixir is quite different to anything else as once it is applied your skin just feels natural.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
Bushy

Thanks for that Bushy. Thats exactly what I am afraid of Laughing
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:11 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
pal wrote:
Thanks

Oops this is the quote I was suposed to use for my last post Smile
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I would be surprised if the Valmont does anything permanent or cumulative. Glacial water (really!! water with some minerals).
Both DNA and RNA (or fragments) are too large to be absorbed into the skin. 500 molecular weight is the largest size molecule that gets into the skin and at that weight a penetration agent is necessary. It may well give an initial WOW by tightening but for $400 every 2-3 months! Yikes!!!!

Remergent on the other hand has micro-incapsulated anti-inflammatory agents and an enzyme said to repair DNA. There is some external study work with it showing it heals precancerous leasions. It does not work right away (a bad thing to my mind because that shows it has to be working through a temporary mechanism). It does over weeks do more good things than I had expected.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |