Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
any good lip balm?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
siufu
5% products discount

Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
hi all. my lip is extremely dry and can't find any good lip care product which it accept, been using Blistex but that's not enough for me, stay feel dry.....

tried Dr. Hauschka's, but am allegic to this...

any recommendation? Ta.
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Try Burt's Bees.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
ahau wrote:
Try Burt's Bees.

I second Burt's Bees. I love the original lip balm and the Lip Shimmers (in Nutmeg). Alba also makes good lip balms (I love the coconut cream one).

Which Blistex lip balm were you using before?
I find the Lip Medex to be very hydrating.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I love Aquaphor as a really hydrating balm if your lips are dry but not flaky. If they're at the point where they're gotten (sorry) crusty and flaky, then I'd recommend Carmex, with some Aquaphor on top. My maintenance balm is either the Prada Shielding Balms (if I want color) or Neutrogena Daily Lip Moisturizer

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
For extremely dry lips, I use hydrocortizone....it's a recommendation from my general physician. Works great!
siufu
5% products discount

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Yen,
I tried DCT, lip ointment, lip infusion, complete moisture and silk & shine from Blistex, only lip ointment can make me feel better, but this is not very common, not very drugstore has it. Haven't try Lip Medex, actually haven't seen this before, i will try to locate it and try. Thanks.

I tried Burt's Bees too, don't like the feeling very much, my lips are very picky ... Sad

Nijey,
My lips are super dry and flaky, even in summer ... Carmex? is it the one in a pot just like Blistex's DCH?

bex,
may i know more about hydrocortizone? can i buy it in drugstore?
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I get very dry lips too...to where they'll crack. Carmex and Burt's Bees do okay for me, but I've recently found Alpha Skin Care lip balm; by luck thru being selected as a tester. This stuff is awesome! It soaked in immediately and I actually believe it's healing my lips, because I am using less of it and my lips aren't dry.

I haven't done anything else new in my diet or with my lips...so, for me this ASC lip balm is outstanding.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
siufu wrote:

may i know more about hydrocortizone? can i buy it in drugstore?

Yes, you can apply a 1% hydrocortisone cream from the drugstore (Cortaid). Obviously this is not a long-term measure but it helps when nothing else will.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
siufu wrote:
Yen,
I tried DCT, lip ointment, lip infusion, complete moisture and silk & shine from Blistex, only lip ointment can make me feel better, but this is not very common, not very drugstore has it. Haven't try Lip Medex, actually haven't seen this before, i will try to locate it and try. Thanks.

I've tried pretty much all the Blistex products (I'm a lip balm addict Laughing ). The Lip Medex is one of my favourites. It comes in a little blue pot. If you try it, let me know how you like it. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
For really dry chapped lips I use Lansinoh pure lanolin at night and my lips are pretty well back to normal in the morning. It's actually for breastfeeding mothers to stop dry cracked skin on nipples, but I find it works well on more body parts than that! My son (10 yrs old) also gets that awful red chapped skin surrounding his lips in the winter, he hates putting on the ointment but it sure helps heal the skin!
Shirley M
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
i've been using rosebud salve for quite some time now and it's a very good lip balm..used to have chapped lips during winter but not anymore
it's also a very good all purpose salve..so it can be used on hands or body
siufu
5% products discount

Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks all for your recommendations. I will try to locate them and have a try Surprised
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I've tried loads of different things to prevent my lips becoming dry, chapped and sore. The one I've had most success with, though, is Valmont Contour Cellular Eye & Mouth Cream.

If I apply a small amount in the morning and then again at night, it's enough to keep my lips soft, moisturised and comfortable. No need for multiple applications throughout the day.

Although it is expensive, it lasts ages and I'm very happy with it indeed.
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Wow, these are great suggestions. I always have to apply lip balm several times a day and have been thinking about trying something new.

I think a key for me is finding something that I can put on just before bed. Any good night-time balms out there? I've gotten in the habit of using Bag Balm, which I know is horrible because it is a petroleum product. But I have a huuuuge tub of it... :/
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
After hydrocortizone heals your lips...Vitamin E is very good for your lips....best applied at night. I tend to bite my lips during the day, so my lips are always chapped.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to check out this link too. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2966 There are lots of lip balm recommendations in that thread.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I consider myself a lip balm queen, I am addicted and love trying new brands. Still, I always seem to go back to Caudalie's. It's really good. It's not waxy at all, and feels very soft and moisterizing.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |