Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
:: Review :: Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
shannito
5% products discount

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
what can i say, i love decleor. i bought this after being given a sample of the iris oil. i decided that the ylang ylang oil sounded more appropriate for my skin. i live in a very dry climate and have sensitive skin, but i like the aromatherpy of the oil and the effect on my skin.

my skin aesthetician told me that using it helps to distribute other products more deeply into your skin, such as a vitamin c topical. true or not, i breathe deeply as i put it on and smile. this is worth it for the product alone. also, it is a bit pricey, but you only use 2 drops at a time so the bottle should last at least 6 months, if not longer.

thanks!
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang Purifying Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)
Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang Purifying Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)

This serum of Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Rosemary and St Thomas Bay Essential Oils, with a fine and silky texture, is specially formulated for the daily care of combination to oily skin. Results: Purified skin that feels bright, clean and clear.

Replaced by {{14802}}.

Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
shannito wrote:
what can i say, i love decleor. i bought this after being given a sample of the iris oil. i decided that the ylang ylang oil sounded more appropriate for my skin. i live in a very dry climate and have sensitive skin, but i like the aromatherpy of the oil and the effect on my skin.

my skin aesthetician told me that using it helps to distribute other products more deeply into your skin, such as a vitamin c topical. true or not, i breathe deeply as i put it on and smile. this is worth it for the product alone. also, it is a bit pricey, but you only use 2 drops at a time so the bottle should last at least 6 months, if not longer.

thanks!

This is my favorite Decleor product and I use it every morning.It lasts forever. Razz
radiantface
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I found myself real clumsy when I was using sample Ylang Ylang oil. Scared to waste more oil, I bought a dark coloured bottle (the kind they store essential oils in) and transferred a small portion of Ylang Ylang oil into it. Every morning I just tip the bottle and wait for 3 drops to fall into my hand without worrying about my clumsy fingers anymore. Also, the dark coloured bottle helps prevent too much light from destroying the essential oils. I stored the rest of the oil in its original container and hit it in my dark, cool basement.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
shannito wrote:
also, it is a bit pricey, but you only use 2 drops at a time so the bottle should last at least 6 months, if not longer.

thanks!

I've been using my YY oil for 5 months and am just 1/4 of the way through it...it'll last waaay longer than 6 months Smile that's what makes it economical, though you'd never think so when you first lay eyes on the tiny bottle.

One of my best buys!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:02 am      Reply with quote
l like the smell ylang ylang oil and neroli oil from Decleor
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:

I've been using my YY oil for 5 months and am just 1/4 of the way through it...it'll last waaay longer than 6 months Smile that's what makes it economical, though you'd never think so when you first lay eyes on the tiny bottle.

One of my best buys!

[/quote]

That's terrific. I love the smell of ylang ylang. I think I will have to go to Decleor and order!
mimosa_t

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:43 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Aromessence Ylang Ylang
for 3 months. It smells great and is great for my skin: control the oil production, control and prevent breakout, glow of skin restored.

This product is worth the price, and it lasts a long time. Very Happy Very Happy
havana8

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
rickyhpierre wrote:
That's terrific. I love the smell of ylang ylang. I think I will have to go to Decleor and order!

If you order from EDS, I'll best you could request a sample from them? Wink
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
rickyhpierre wrote:

I wonder if maybe they don't have the Ylang Ylang samples? I asked for a sample with my last order and they sent the Iris instead. I wasn't real crazy about the smell of the Iris, but I think I am going to give the Ylang Ylang a try.
havana8

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
havana8 wrote:
rickyhpierre wrote:

I wonder if maybe they don't have the Ylang Ylang samples? I asked for a sample with my last order and they sent the Iris instead. I wasn't real crazy about the smell of the Iris, but I think I am going to give the Ylang Ylang a try.

Hmmmm.... I guess they are probably out right now. I don't mind decanting you some as a sample from my big bottle, Diana, although I am not sure what I would put it in? hmm
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Diana P wrote:
havana8 wrote:
rickyhpierre wrote:

Hmmmm.... I guess they are probably out right now. I don't mind decanting you some as a sample from my big bottle, Diana, although I am not sure what I would put it in? hmm

That's so nice, thanks for offering, but I will probably just go ahead and order the Ylang Ylang and the Dremu. I still can't decide between the two, and since I am sick of reading reviews on both of them, I'm just going to order both and see which one agrees with my face more.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, this one is fabulous! my acnes are disappearing! Love it!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
How exactly are you guys using the oil on your face- I need directions please!

I got a sample of the ylang ylang and the iris. Since I am very acne prone the ylang ylang should be good for my skin, but I don't know how to use it.

Once a day, twice a day- under moisturizer, spot treatment on acne?

Please help, I am a bit confused.

Thanks
CG
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I use my oil once a day, in the AM.
It only takes two or three drops for the face, so don't overdo it or you'll end up oily (it won't soak in).

I use it before sunscreen/moisturizer.
I wouldn't use it as a spot treatment, as it's meant to balance out the oil production for your whole face. The key is to be consistent, or else you won't get much out of it...it takes time, but it worked really well for me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
This is a very good product for ance prone skin, and I adore its scent.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Paris!
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Can the Ylang Ylang oil use together with cream from other brand?

Thanks!
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
At first I love this scent but now I'm starting to hate it. It doesn't break me out but I'm not sure whether it's doing anything either.
Jin
5% products discount

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have used it with samples.To use it,enough very a little..my acne is getting smaller.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using a sample of Decleor Ylang Ylang oil and it has done wonders in just a few days for the blackheads on my nose area. Also my pores are less visible. Today (the 4th day) I woke up with a big cystic bump on my chin. I haven't had a cystic bump in over 2 years before this popped up!

I'm thinking maybe the oil was just too much for my chin? I've used Dr. Hauschka oil, jojoba oil, DHC Olive oil and Dremu and none have bothered my chin like this.

The rest of my face looks great and again I'm really happy with the clearing of blackheads in such a short time. I've already placed an order for the ylang ylang oil and balm set so I want to be able to use it.

Does anyone just spot treat with this oil?
skin care junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this teh Decelor aromessence ylang ylang oil for about 6 weeks now and seem to be getting more cystic acne on my chin. I am prone to cyctic acne but usually only one before my period now I seem to be getting several at once on my chin and all the time?? I'm also using the Decleor ylang ylang night balm. I've read all the reviews on EDS about these two products and most people with oily/acne prone skin have said these products work for eliminating oil and preventing breakouts. Is it just me or has anyone else found this to be a problem for them Question
Thanks

Age 34, fair skin, freckles, strawberry blonde hair, blue/green eyes, combination skin, oily t-zone, TOTM breakouts on chin, occasionally cystic acne, no real wrinkles "YET" but do have fine lines around eyes. HG so far has been Jan Marini and Dermalogica products
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
scj, I think I am having a similar problem. To many different factors at the same time to be sure, but I have been suspecting it was the dayyo. Cystic acne I attributed to hormones, but i also got a whole colony of breakoutalong both jaw-lines.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the samples from EDS.
It's very nice as a massage oil!!
skin care junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Melanie,

Glad to know it's not just me. I was also trying to figure out if my cystic acne on my chin and jawline was from the decleor or if it was a number of factors. I'm still not completely sure to be honest. But I think I'll take a break from it for a few weeks and see if it clears up and then try re-introducing it and see what happens. It's so hard to know for sure though, since there are so many possible factors...stress, getting warmer out, sweating from working out, time of the month....the list goes on!

Or, it could just be the name Melanie...HAHA! That's my name as well! Very Happy

Age 34, fair skin, freckles, strawberry blonde hair, blue/green eyes, combination skin, oily t-zone, TOTM breakouts on chin, occasionally cystic acne, no real wrinkles "YET" but do have fine lines around eyes. HG so far has been Jan Marini and Dermalogica products
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry to hear it may not be working for everybody. With my very oily and somewhat acne prone skin, I use the Decleor, Darphin and Clarins oils and LOVE them!
I've reached the conclusion my few occasional zits have nothing to do with products or nutrition but with hormones only. Of course, the cleaner and unclogged my skin is, the less hormonal zits I get.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |