Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
23 y/o Oily skin.
PROS:
- Great cleanser for almost any skintype except for dry/very dry IMO.
- I have very sensitive skin and this is completely benign and nonreactive. This is a big thing for me.
- No film forming agents. (As someone with acne prone skin, I worry about things leaving a film.) This also washes off very easily.
- Takes off makeup easily. I only wear very light foundation (rarely) so I'm unsure if it will remove more heavily applied makeup.
- Does not burn if I get it in my eyes. (Not 100% pleasant though.)

CONS:
- Smells faintly like fruit loops cereal. (Not necessarily a bad thing, it's a very light floral scent. I just can't help but think of the cereal whenever I use it.)
- Prefer a pump, since I usually use this in the shower with the daily microfoliant. It gets a little awkward.

I would highly recommend this cleanser to anyone with normal/combo/oily skin that expects their cleanser to just cleanse. For those who expect their cleanser to turn back time and god knows what else, look elsewhere.

Thanks for reading! Smile
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel (250 ml / 8.4 oz)
Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel (250 ml / 8.4 oz)

A soap-free foaming lather of Quillaja Saponaria and Lavender thoroughly removes impurities without stripping essential moisture. Balm Mint extract softens and soothes even the most sensitive skin. All skin conditions.

lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:32 am      Reply with quote
This one also good for oily and sensitive skin.
tenderoni
5% products discount

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:
This one also good for oily and sensitive skin.

yes, i quite like this product myself. =)
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I always thought the fruitloops thing was odd, since I don't think dermalogica scents their products...must just be the natural smell???
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I really wanted to love this product but it is too drying for winter, even though I have combination skin. I have never felt my face being so dry before. Although I can apply moisturizer after, but it is still unpleasant to use a much heavier moisturizer than before. Alas, I give up on this cleansing gel but I am keeping my pre-cleanse Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I wouldnt reccommend it for dry skin. I found this product to really dry out my skin Sad I love the dermalogica calming cleanser though
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
I wouldnt reccommend it for dry skin. I found this product to really dry out my skin Sad I love the dermalogica calming cleanser though

I've been alternating between the Special Cleansing Gel and the Calming Cleanser in an attempt to create a balance between the drying effects of winter and my naturally oily t-zone, but do you think the Calming Cleanser is eerily similar to Cetaphil? They look and feel so much alike that I'm wondering whether to use Cetaphil as a cheaper option in my alternating-cleansers scheme.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have very oily skin and used this cleanser off and on for over a year. I found that it cleaned my skin very well and I actually liked the smell but I found that when I did use it my skin seemed to get oilier faster. So alas I had to quit using it.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I'll buy it for my oily and sensitive.
Because its soap-free ingredient makes me relief.
fidget-jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I find it really interesting that others found this product could be drying as well. I have combination skin but after just one use of this product my skin felt too small for my face! Really unpleasant, and got worse over time.

Very disappointed, I had real hopes for Dermalogica but it seems very few things work for me (I also find Microfoliant a bit drying).

On the plus side, Philosophy's Purity Made Simple is similar in texture and smell, but not half as drying (and can be used over your eyes as well).
fidget-jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I find it really interesting that others found this product could be drying as well. I have combination skin but after just one use of this product my skin felt too small for my face! Really unpleasant, and got worse over time.

Very disappointed, I had real hopes for Dermalogica but it seems very few things work for me (I also find Microfoliant a bit drying).

On the plus side, Philosophy's Purity Made Simple is similar in texture and smell, but not half as drying (and can be used over your eyes as well).
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
fidget-jones
are you dry skin? if is, i think cleaning milk will be more suitable for you!
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
fidget-jones wrote:

Same here.... this cleanser dried out my skin completely... I was using it unsuspectingly for ~ 5 weeks, and my skin was getting worse and really red and sensitive... I started eliminating products, and eventually switched to another cleanser... that's when i realized it must have been causing, or at least worsening my skin problems... (I DO use tazorac though... but this made my skin intolerable)
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |