Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Jan Marini Age Intervention Eyelash Ingredients
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, can someone, please,list the ingredients of JM. Iknow they have eyelash growth factor What this "eyelash growth factor" consist of exactly?
Also, have someone used it for more than 8-9 weeks? Are the results really that great?
Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Nobody knows for sure, just that it works.Do a search and you will find just about everyone does get longer thicker lahes.,yes its a winner and thats probably why the FDA really took it off the market.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks lucyluc.
I know that many people really happy with this product, some have results in 2-3 weeks...but I would really appreciate the opinion of someone that used it for more than 1 year. Do you have to constantly use it to maintain the lashes' condition? Does it worth in the long run?
Thanks

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I was told by my dermatologist's nurse practioner that topical prostaglandins used for glaucoma not only help reduce occular pressure but also have a side effect of increased eyelash growth. Bimatoprost (Lumigan), latanoprost (Xalatan), and travoprost (Travatan)are the most common prostagladins used. It's one of those topical ingrediants that are used in the Jan Marini product.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
tcsorg wrote:
I was told by my dermatologist's nurse practioner that topical prostaglandins used for glaucoma not only help reduce occular pressure but also have a side effect of increased eyelash growth. Bimatoprost (Lumigan), latanoprost (Xalatan), and travoprost (Travatan)are the most common prostagladins used. It's one of those topical ingrediants that are used in the Jan Marini product.

I don't believe we know that for sure, although some do speculate that.
tcsorg

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
San Francisco plastic surgeon jromano wrote up news on Jan Marini stating that the Jan Marini product is the commercial equivalent to latanoprost.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
tcsorg, is that article online anywhere?
tcsorg

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
There is an article at jromano/janmariniage.aspx also there are several government trials on latanprost used to promote eyelash growth for people with alopecia at: dermatology.cdlib.org/93/commentary/alopecia/wolf.html
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I am familar with latanprost, as this was my speculation also for quite awhile. Just interested in seeing the article you mentioned.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Heres the "clickable" article link for anyone interested.

http://www.jromano.com/janmariniage.aspx
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I should have my dad (optometrist) prescribe it for me? Wonder what the side effects might be if you don't have glaucoma though?
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the article.
I hope that someone will share their experience whether one has to continue to use this product "forever" in order to maintain the results.
I'm very interested to know what will happen if after getting great results that were mentioned by many people one will stop using the product? Will your lashes diminish in length and thickness? Or will they become worse than before without this product?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
Maybe I should have my dad (optometrist) prescribe it for me? Wonder what the side effects might be if you don't have glaucoma though?

Lori, you'd probably end up with vision issues, possibly blurred vision, trouble focusing, irritation. If the prostaglandin is used to relieve occular pressure and you don't have pressure issues/glaucoma, it would probably not be a good idea to use it. Unless you mean to just use it on your lash line, but eye drops are runny and I would imagine the Rx would have no trouble running into your eyes.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Mermaid,
That's what I would think, but I wonder what the study says for using it for alopecia. I would have to feel pretty good about it before using it just for eyelash growth.
I just received my Ardell Lash growth serum so that is what I have to use for now, I wonder how it compares to JM?
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
Heres the "clickable" article link for anyone interested.

http://www.jromano.com/janmariniage.aspx

I can't get the link to work, evenwww.jromano.com seems to be down. Is it spelled correctly?
thanks!
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
Mermaid,
That's what I would think, but I wonder what the study says for using it for alopecia. I would have to feel pretty good about it before using it just for eyelash growth.
I just received my Ardell Lash growth serum so that is what I have to use for now, I wonder how it compares to JM?

I use the JM along w/Ardell. Well, now I use Carekate's lash serum. Anyway, you can't even compare the two. JM truly does grow long lashes. I really just used the Ardell as a conditioner, but not necessarily for growth. I'm not saying that Ardell doesn't help lashes grow, just that it won't help them grow nearly as long & beautiful as JM.
cecelia
5% products discount

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:00 am      Reply with quote
There is an expired link on the Jan Marini website which says that the mechanism of serum action is to affect or stimulate prostaglandins.

I don't know if this will work, but if doesn't, you can search janmarini and eyelash serum and click on the cached page.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:tQkyQ7SYzEoJ:www.janmarini.com/prod_eyelash.php+janmarini+prostaglandins&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2&client=firefox-a

It seems like most people suggest that you need to continue to use the product in order to maintain results, although you can decrease application frequency.

FWIW, my stepfather, an optometrist, was on Xalantan for a while and hasn't been taking it for several years -- he has, hands down the longest eyelashes I've ever seen on a man. Rolling Eyes My mom comments on it all the time but I didn't make the connection until recently.

There are some homeopathic/natural oils that may increase prostoglandin synthesis -- since I can't get my hands on any of the JM (or the anxiously awaited Lush Lash Very Happy ) I figured I'd try these for a bit and see what happens. I'll let you guys know if anything exciting happens! Laughing
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:23 am      Reply with quote
cecelia wrote:
... There are some homeopathic/natural oils that may increase prostoglandin synthesis -- since I can't get my hands on any of the JM (or the anxiously awaited Lush Lash Very Happy ) I figured I'd try these for a bit and see what happens. I'll let you guys know if anything exciting happens! Laughing

Cecelia ... please do tell what the names of the oils are that you referred to in your post? Very Happy
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
I hope that someone will share their experience whether one has to continue to use this product "forever" in order to maintain the results. I'm very interested to know what will happen if after getting great results that were mentioned by many people one will stop using the product? Will your lashes diminish in length and thickness? Or will they become worse than before without this product?

Lara1 -- you will lose your results if you stop using it cold turkey. (your lashes will *not* get worse than they were before, but may seem so after stunning results of the product whilst you were using it.) quite a few people have already gone on a maintenance routine and are using it only a few times a week (rather than every night) to maintain their results. HTH
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:15 am      Reply with quote
The link that I posted earlier works for me. Possibly it was "down" when you tryed, or internet congestion was involved.

I wish Carekates product was available....;(
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
The link that I posted earlier works for me. Possibly it was "down" when you tryed, or internet congestion was involved.

I wish Carekates product was available....;(

Me too.. I hope it's here by the end of next month... Surprised
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |