Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

So... what's the verdict on Revitalash (Lashgro)?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Any users? Good, bad, better / same as JMAIE?
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
anyone? Confused
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just spotted it and will probably order some today!

The ingredients list a "proprietary formula" and that makes me think it's probably effective. Or maybe i'm just gullible!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
"Proprietary formula" is simply a marketing term, it does not mean a product is or is not effective. Smile It is added for any number or reasons, including to make it appeal more to the consumer.

Much like the terms "patented" - which again really does not mean squat about how well or poorly a product works. It only means it has a formulation or ingredient used in a different or unique way, that others have not used it in. But the ingredient can be 100% useless as well, and in to many cases is.

Many products use these terms and are completely ineffective.

But there are those that use that, and are excellent products, as well.

I personally have dealt with many companys that use that term only to keep their competitors from making a direct duplicate of their product to easily.

Yet really have nothing special or unique in their product that would make it "more effective"

And I have dealt with others that do have something “special” added that is a real enhancement. In both cases the consumer feels the term makes it more unique then an alternate. Smile

I am not saying this product is good or bad. I have no clue. Just a general comment on terminology, and how it often does not mean what consumers perceive it may.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
That makes sense!

Sad Even if it's not as good as the Jan Marini, I'll order it anyway and be guinea pig...just got the news my car doesn't need a brake job, they were just really dirty and squealing Very Happy so I have extra $ to fritter away...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
heathercolorado,
I'm just as gullible... Smile
(I know it sounds awful & pathetic, but it's almost like I'm looking for these marketing schemes in order to justify my * spam alert * to cosmetics... Embarassed and honestly, I'm educated enough to know most of it is all BS!... I'm a med student..)
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
jzainoun wrote:
I'm educated enough to know most of it is all BS!... I'm a med student..)

lol. I don't remember med school teaching me logic Wink
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
the ladies onwww.makemeheal.com say that it works as well as jan marini
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
jzainoun wrote:
I'm educated enough to know most of it is all BS!... I'm a med student..)

lol. I don't remember med school teaching me logic Wink

Laughing No kidding... my logic is declining with each subject...
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
That makes sense!

Sad Even if it's not as good as the Jan Marini, I'll order it anyway and be guinea pig...just got the news my car doesn't need a brake job, they were just really dirty and squealing Very Happy so I have extra $ to fritter away...

heathercolorado,
have you ever used JMAIE? After reading all the posts on it, I'm willing to spend the money for it, but since it's unavailable, I'm considering getting the Revitalash instead...
Please Keep me updated! Wink
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
if you gals have sensitive eyes, you might want to check out this thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17876

(ETA: near the end, check out copychick's comments on the product.)
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Shock
Oh No!!!!
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose , Merci Wink !
lvcoquette

Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,
As I posted on another post..I HAVE used the Revitalash and it IS working forme. I am very glad because I had been using JM and my lashes were great. I did not want to let the effect go away, do I ordered Revitalash. I have to say that it is working. My lashes are growing a little diferently though: With JM, I had grew a few super long lashes (almost freakishly)and all were a thicker. With Revitalash, I have MORE eyelashes, they are more curved, same lenth as JM, but not as thick. I actually like the effects of Revitalash because they look more natural. I was in Italy in October while I was using the JM and some lady told me my eyelashes looked like Mini Mouse! I didn't like that comment, because I guess I knew she was right. Laughing
My lashes look fuller and more natural. I'm sticking with Revitalash even IF JM becomes available again. Hope this posting helps anyone who is apprehensive or (like I was) desperate.

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
RevitaLash (4.1 ml / 0.139 floz)
RevitaLash (4.1 ml / 0.139 floz)

Revitalash® is a unique eyelash conditioner that will help you achieve the natural beauty of Longer, Thicker, Fuller looking eyelashes. A very small amount of Revitalash® is applied once a day. No matter how brittle, short, fragile, thin or sparse your eyelashes are, Revitalash® can help you achieve your very own long, beautiful, healthy looking lashes.

Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
The Revitalash and the JM both sound great -- I DO wonder though, why they won't name the magic ingredient...can't they copyright the formulation or something so that no one can steal it? It just seems nuts that we aren't allowed to know what the heck is responsible for the incredible lashes!! If something can inspire lashes that warrant a Minnie Mouse comparison then heck, I want to know what it is!
Pudoodles
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi lvcoquette,
THANK YOU!!! I'm so glad you wrote that post! I think I will finally order the Revitalash!
I really wonder what accounts for the difference in effects hmm
How long did you use the revitalash until you saw results?
Thanks again!
Joanne
Loreg
5% products discount

Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ivcoquette, thanks so much for your feedback. I will be ordering Revitalash next week!!!
Thanks!!!
lvcoquette

Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Jzainoun, I have been using Revitalash for about 1.5 months. I will keep you guys posted on the "longer term" results

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reviews! I was thinking of ordering the Revitalash, but decided to get the Talika Lash Conditioning Cream instead Embarassed. I just wasn't 100% sure about the Revitalash being as effective as JM & there were no MUA reviews either Confused
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
The Revitalash and the JM both sound great -- I DO wonder though, why they won't name the magic ingredient...can't they copyright the formulation or something so that no one can steal it? It just seems nuts that we aren't allowed to know what the heck is responsible for the incredible lashes!! If something can inspire lashes that warrant a Minnie Mouse comparison then heck, I want to know what it is!
Pudoodles

I know, this "eyelash growth factor" / "Formula LashGro (proprietary formulation)" business has been driving me MAD!!! Rolling Eyes
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
It may be an Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) analog / EGF receptor antagonist (inhibitor). This is one class of therapies designed for treating certain cancers (as a way of tumour growth inhibition), and studies have shown that patients on this type of treatment presented with eyelash growth (trichomegaly) as one (of many, most likely bad) side effect.
Question
summer1
5% products discount

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone with Asian eyelashes used Revitalash? Does it just make lashes grow, or does it make them curl also?
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm very close to ordering this too. I am Korean with very short and straight lashes. Even when I curl them and put on mascara, they are still very short. I wanted to try the JM but since it's sold out and this one seems to get the same results, I will try it until CareKate's comes out.

If you order straight from the Revitalash website, they offer a money back guarantee. It's a little more pricey than EDS, but if it doesn't work for me, I can always get a refund.

I'll let you all know how it goes. I've been using Ardell for several weeks and it hasn't really done anything. I think it conditions my lashes so they seem healthier and more shiny, but nothing significant and certainly no growth. I will probably continue using the Ardell to condition.
cchan2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:30 am      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
I'm very close to ordering this too. I am Korean with very short and straight lashes. Even when I curl them and put on mascara, they are still very short. I wanted to try the JM but since it's sold out and this one seems to get the same results, I will try it until CareKate's comes out.

If you order straight from the Revitalash website, they offer a money back guarantee. It's a little more pricey than EDS, but if it doesn't work for me, I can always get a refund.

I'll let you all know how it goes. I've been using Ardell for several weeks and it hasn't really done anything. I think it conditions my lashes so they seem healthier and more shiny, but nothing significant and certainly no growth. I will probably continue using the Ardell to condition.

Did you see any results? I really want to know. I am asian too and have been eyeing revitalash for awhile now. I am just wondering if it will irritate the eyes after you apply it. My eyes are v. sensitive.
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am also curious on any good feedback on Revitalash. I had a sample with me but worried if they will irritate eye?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |