Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review ::: Dermalogica
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried samples, and it left my skin feeling smooooooth, without any irritation. I might have to invest in this!
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
That's what I've been reading too from the girls who've used it! And that over time, it actually leaves the skin looking more even-toned and some have also reported a slight fading of scars left by blemishes. I wish it comes in a larger portion though; but I hear that it takes only a little to do the job. I will probably cave and get it eventually knowning me. Sad
almanking

Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I am a super fans of Dermalogica which is introduce by my beautician. I have been using it for more than 6 years. I tried almost all the products such as Dermal Clay cleanser, general cleanser, Anti- bac cleanser, Active Moist, Smoothing Cream, Body Hydrating cream, eye cream, Moisture Concentrate, eye make up remover, soothing booster, sun-block,.....
the products used depends on it is summer or winter.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (74 g / 2.6 oz)
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (74 g / 2.6 oz)

This unique Rice-based enzyme powder microfoliates dulling debris and instantly leaves skin noticeably smoother and brighter.

chingching
5% products discount

Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know whether the Daily Micorfoliant is only a gentle scrub for daily use or is it a cleansing powder?
Sally
5% products discount

Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

About Dermalogica: i love this stuff! My favorite lines from this store are Phytomer and Dermalogica. I'm young, 21 and these lines are perfect for my skin. I use Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream at night and Active Moist during the day. It's a great combination to get a little bit of both, especially for winter, when the skin is a little bit drier.
I also adore the dermalogica microexfoliant, it leaves my skin silky, even my boyfriend noticed!!!
In Phytomer my favorites are: Lift Contour (eye cream), Vegitable Exfoliant and Face Dew Toner (rose toner). I like Phytomer a lot, it has a great smell and I just feel that it is good for my skin!
All in all, those are two great lines, especially I think for people under 30.

Halfie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
dermalogica is awesome!! Razz
I just started using the line and noticed a dramatic improvement on my skin.
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I have just started using this product and have found it great. Only problem is I like to use it in the shower so the powder doesn't work too well.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Ive recently tried some of the line and really like them. Especially Active moist, daily microfoliant,skincleansing gel(i expected it too be drying seeing as it has sls in it but was pleasantly suprised...my skin felt so nice afterwards),and pre cleanse.

I got samples first and have now gone and purchased full sizes of the above Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I received a sample of the Hydrating Masque with a recent skincare order. I am looking forward to trying this out -- I haven't used any products of theirs before. A brochure came with my order, so I am going to see what other products might be a match for me.
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Absolutely love it!

I use this every other day after cleasing. It cleans so well without leaving any dry or irritation.

Will buy again, but this really last long..
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I got a free sample of Dermalogica daily microexfoliant from EDS and am loving it.

It makes my skin smooth, softer, & brighter.

A problem I have with exfoliation products is that they increase hyperpigmentation, or pore size or both. Luckily, with the microexfoliant I don't have any irritation whatsoever.

I would recommend this product if u have sensitive or acne-prone skin as well (if it works for me, it will definitely work for u) Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:29 am      Reply with quote
I have had the Microfoliant for ages, but stopped using it as it was drying my face out too much, but recently have begun to use it every other day again and I'm really pleased with the results. I was on the verge of throwing it away, but it's helping me exfoliate without causing any extra redness of broken capillaries.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
My experiences with Dermalogica is that if you have problem free skin in the first place then its a fairly good product. But if you have an existing skin problem e.g. pimples/acne then i found it didn't help much, and sometimes made it worse Confused

Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone...

I have to say that I really didn't like this product. My skin is usually clear and I use other dermalogica products - but within 3 days my skin (especially in the chin area) started to break out. Has anyone else had this problem?
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I didn't find it helpful for my oily, acne-prone skin.
tmo

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've been carrying Dermalogica in my kit for over a year now. I've always used it to prep the skin. But often times, when in a bind, you simply have to work with what you got. And to my surprise, I recently discovered a new way to get the most out of this wonderful skin care line -- by using it to improve the look of your makeup. Here are a few tips you might want to try:

Tip #1
Use Dermalogica's Barrier Repair (an anhydrous moisturizer) as a face primer, or blend it with foundation (loose or liquid). This stuff will increase the longevity of your makeup -- even after a long day at work. The makeup will glide on smoothly and not settle in lines. It creates a porcelain/satin finish that can make any harsh critic very happy.

Tip #2
After you've applied your foundation and set it with a powder (or if you use a powder foundation), mist Dermalogica's Soothing Protection Spray all over the face. Take a foundation brush and firmly tap it against the skin to absorb excess product... and watch as suddenly the makeup becomes to look like real skin. And not only does it look like fresh, smooth, and hydrated skin, it doubles up as protection against environmental assaults.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I just used a sample of the hydrating mask that was really nice. My skin felt moist and clean - it didn't leave a greasy residue at all.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
they have several very good masks, hydrating mask is a gel-like mask, i'm using it as my eye mask, for the face, my favorite is the multi-vitamine mask.
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I also have problems with acne and oily skin and have not found most dermalogica products helpful, except for the anti-bac mask. However, it is the only moisturizer I could get my ex-boyfriend to use because the bottle didn't look too cosmetic or feminine. It really helped his more normal to dry skin and made a big improvement. So if you know a guy who is reluctant to try any beauty products, this is a great line to break him in with!
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Is Dermalogica suitable for sensitive skin? I've tried the microfoliant, but it was pretty drying on my face, even after the first use.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Can you tolerate AHA/BHA products? Dermalogica have a chemical exfoliator too (can't remember exact name ? Gentle Exfoliator) Or else you have to go for a very gentle physical exfoliator like Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream or Jurlique Face Wash Cream.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:36 am      Reply with quote
The Ultra calming Cleanser is good for sensitive skin, but I agree the Microfoliant can be drying sometimes. The Gentle Cream Exfoliant is what I think the name of their chemical exfoliant is, but if you have sensitive skin and would like to use an exfoliant such as this then Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel is really great.
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using DHCC for a while now, and it works pretty well. I have to take a break from it every so often.

I'll keep Ultra and Jurlique in mind for my next order. I've heard a lot of good things about Jurlique - perhaps it's time!

Thanks!
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
I only tried their shampoo and conditioner. The smell was good but did not have enough moisture for my hair.
sweetpea

Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
The best way to use this product is to dispense approximately 1/2 a teaspoon in the palm of your hand. Add a small amount of water to create a paste and then keep adding a little bit of water while rubbing your hands vigourously together. The product will transform into a light foamy texture thus activating the papain, salicylic acid and rice enzymes. This product is an exfoliant NOT a cleanser and should not be drying to the skin. It will also help to balance uneven pigmentation and leaves the skin feeling very fresh and vibrant!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |