Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Yonka Gel Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

First of all, I'm not reading the other people's reviews that you copied in so that I can give you a more "spontaneous" review. If my review comes out similar to theirs, then you know you need to try the product, no? Ha ha ha.

My first impression of Yonka Gel Cleanser was getting a facial at a new spa near my home. I knew they were a Yonka spa but it didn't sink in until I started getting my facial. Something smelled SOOOOOOOOO good. And the texture is just amazing.

So I got a sample and went home and used the product for a few days (little sample goes a long way), and I absolutely swear by it. I bought a bottle in early August, and although I'm not done with it yet, I already ordered more.

Why it's so good:
I've used a lot of gel cleansers (Lancome, Clarins, L'Oreal, etc.) and most gel cleansers feel very gel-y and sticky -- a very thick texture. Yonka Gel, however, feel SO light. It's almost like rubbing WATER on your skin (except your skin looks better afterwards). I actually think I wash my face LONGER nowadays cuz I love feeling the texture of the gel. It's SO smooth and smells really really fabulous.

Secondly, you only have to use a LITTLE BIT. Like, seriously, a dime-sized amount is more than enough to distribute through your face. So the product, though a wee bit expensive, lasts quite a long time. I have a bit of acne so I use Proactiv cleanser in the evenings and Yonka at night (although, I must admit, I've been skipping Proactiv sometimes just so I can get the Yonka gel feeling). The thing is, Yonka actually makes my skin CLEARER . . . even though I am not using Proactiv as often. So just FYI (in case you want to hear about the other products I use).

Also, it takes off eye make-up gently. I was skeptical at first, but I tried it -- mascara, eyeliner -- everything came off and NO DARK CIRCLES. Just rub gently around the eye area and it's GONE. Seriously.

Overall, this is the first gel cleanser that I've really liked after the 30-40 that I've tried. I hate the really THICK-textured gels because they feel greasy to me. Yonka Gel doesn't feel thick and greasy -- it's very light -- yet it lathers really well.

I've taken so long to find a good gel cleanser that I'm sticking to this for a loooooooooooooong time unless someone convinces me to use something else. I've also recently used the Sensitive Skin Cleanser (Creme Cleanser) and it's great too (with a tingly sensation). I recently ordered the regular Creme Cleanser to see what it's like. I seriously doubt it'll be better as the gel cleanser, but I'll post reviews after I use it.

Anyway, I would HIGHLY recommend the Yonka Gel Cleanser, Mabsy. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lisa
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Yonka Gel Nettoyant Cleansing Gel (200 ml / 6.76 floz)
Yonka Gel Nettoyant Cleansing Gel (200 ml / 6.76 floz)

Yonka Gel Nettoyant Cleanser is a 2-in-1 foamy gel formulation that cleanses while removing eye makeup. This cleanser not only improves complexion, but also enhances skin suppleness for a rejuvenated appeal.

Mabsy

Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks for that Lisa! That's a great review. In hind sight it was probably silly of me to cut and paste the other reviews but I was so excited about all the positive ones! Smile

This sounds like a great cleanser and well.... I'm just gonna have to get it Very Happy So far I've liked every product I've tried from YonKa and I love the smell of it too. I've only recently just bought a Decleor cleanser (and I love it; thanks Leeleedeedee Smile) but I can always have the excuse of buying another one and keeping it in the shower for convenience :P

Now, you say that you're sticking to this unless someone convinces you otherwise..... so..... I shall post a review of the Decleor Cleansing Oil in the next few days :P

I actually don't want to sway you from the YonKa cleanser because it sounds like it's really working well for you but I thought I'd let you know about the Cleansing Oil if you ever want to try something from Decleor. I can't compare the two cleansers at the moment but I will add the YonKa cleansing gel to my next order and let you know how they compare.

Thanks again for your detailed review. Loved it!
dumbo72
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:04 am      Reply with quote
It is on the way to my house now. Cann't believe that there are so many reviews on a cleansing gel. I will post a review too after I get to use it. Very Happy
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:00 am      Reply with quote
i have used this cleanser........i felt that it cleaned just right without stripping the skin too much i.e leaving it feeling dry. The smell is quite nice too very spa like. It does mention foaming.........but it hardly has any foaming action...i guess to create more foam you end up using more product then nessesary..overall nice product however still abit expensive for a cleanser

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to drop a quick review first, I got it and I love it. Very Happy
dumbo72
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Feel so clean but not dry at all, my face looks so smooth, the only thing is the smell is kind of too strong for me.
dumbo72
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Valmont fresh fall cleaning gel, it is even better than this. But it is also more expensive than this one.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I love this cleanser. I have the Yonka Lotion PNG (for Normal to Oily skin) also. The two of them are the perfect cleanser and toner combo for me. Very Happy

5% products discount

Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I have been eyeing this product for a while..finally got it about a months ago aaand I LOVE IT! It doesn't feel too drying, cleanse well and smell heavenly. I think I'll try the lotion as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:32 am      Reply with quote
It's such a good cleanser, I just love it!! But I only use it in the morning because I don't think it's strong enough for night use
lonestar
5% products discount

Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I agree this cleanser is good but I only use it in the morning as well as I find it not strong enough for night time! Smile
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Is it good for combination skin? I might need to check it out, since I need a cleanser...
EllaLady
5% products discount

Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to love this, but it wasn't strong enough and left my skin with blackheads...(I used it with a manual face brush)

I'm now using the clarisonic, so will give it another chance and post here (am currently using cetaphil - which works great with the brush)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
This is a great non foaming facial cleanser.

I wash my face twice with this in the summer on oilier days. Love the feel and the refreshing fragrance. It doesn't dry the skin at all and I even use it around the eyes.

My all time favourite cleansers were actually Lancome Clarifiance Gel and La Prairie Purifying Gel. Sadly, they both have been discontinued.

I find the Yonka Gel Cleanser almost as good!
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
i got lovely Yonka samples from eds, i really loved the gel, it's ok for morning and evening use as i don't wear too much makeup
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:03 am      Reply with quote
dumbo72 wrote:
I tried the Valmont fresh fall cleaning gel, it is even better than this. But it is also more expensive than this one.

definitely! Valmont kicks! Very Happy
but from yonka, i like...
Yonka High Protection Sun Screen Cream SPF 40

good stuff! thumbs up!

this review is years old! Surprised
i guess good things are always good. Very Happy

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Love love love this cleanser. Leaves skin super clean without any oily residue and not drying at the same time. Have been using it for 4 years.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I agree it is a very light and gentle gel. But I wasn't crazy about the smell and can't say it's much better than the others I tried ( like Obagi cleanser, Cellbone Collagen cleanser, Darphin, Dr Hauschka and tons of others...)
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I agree it is a very light and gentle gel. But I wasn't crazy about the smell and can't say it's much better than the others I tried ( like Obagi cleanser, Cellbone Collagen cleanser, Darphin, Dr Hauschka and tons of others...)

I have not tried Dr.H or other cleansers that you have mentioned but recent use of Jan marini cleanser made my skin so dry that it took weeks to recover.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me Yonka or Eminence, which one is better?

5% products discount

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Well, sounds like a great cleanser!
lusi

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:35 am      Reply with quote
sounds a very good product. Add it to my wish list.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Its not my favorite but its pretty darn good. A friend I stay with a lot uses it, and I never have to bring my own cleanser since I know I can use this Wink
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |