Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Wow! Valmont Renewing Pack
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
First of all based on this product I vote that we should be able to select multiple icons for the subject line Smile I would have glady thrown in an additional thumbs up, plus a Surprised, a Very Happy and probably a Cool too! :P

Let me set the scene for you (though I'm sure you are quite familiar with it). Deadlines at work, deadlines at uni, late nights at the computer followed by sleepless 'whatever remains of the night' because you're already trying to figure out how you're going to finish all you have planned for the next day. I don't mean to overdramatize, that's NOT a snapshot of my life in general, just some parts of the last few weeks.

I was majorly stressed last night before an important meeting this morning. After finishing off one report I decided to go take a shower and have a bit of a breather. I've been meaning to try this Valmont mask but haven't so far so I thought that was the perfect time.

This stuff is really and I mean REALLY great! Not only did it make my skin look healthier it actually woke me up a bit. It gives a somewhat minty fresh feeling and that feeling lasts quite a while. Perfect if you've been sitting in front of the computer for ages! I actually put it on all over my face, including around the eye area. I'm not actually sure if you're supposed to put it around the eye area but if you have tired 'computer' eyes this stuff works like a charm! I think this stuff will be quite addictive though, it just feels so nice! I'll have to somehow justify the purchase when mine runs out.

I'll finish this off with a question. The Valmont product booklet says something along the lines of 'to be used every morning or on a more occasional basis'. Does that mean that it can be used over your moisturiser in the morning and left on? Or are they just implying that you should use a mask on your face everymorning Surprised I'm wondering if it's something along the lines of the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm which can be used as an intensive mask but also over moisturiser in small quantities.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Valmont Renewing Pack (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Valmont Renewing Pack (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

Rebalancing treatment mask which gives skin an instant beauty boost. Responding to the essential needs of the skin (hydration, oxygenation, nutrition, repair, etc.) and in addition offering a range of solutions adapted to the most delicate areas, such as the area around the eyes, the throat and décolleté, and even the lips and lip contour.

Replaced by {{17216}}.

Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy,

I hate to say this but........I have said it all along-it seems great products carry greater prices. Cellcosmet is another example. My moisturizer alone is 250.00 (approx.). They stuff is amazing. And the best part is I buy it every 10 months. When I thought about it, I would spend that much on a variety of products and not get the same effect. I just tried Valmont Glacier-650.00!!!!!!!!!!!But guess what? It might be in my next order!SmileSmileSmileSmileVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Will my husband have advanced warning? I will let him see my happiness first! I will let you know if I bit the big bullet. Take care, I haven't spoken to you in awhile-I missed your re-enactments-funny girl;)
Babs
Mabsy

Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Well hello there! Very Happy Long time no 'speak' indeed. My recent lack of re-enactments is caused by TendSkin being under lock and key anytime ANY exfoliation goes on in this household (oh man, I still have nightmares about doing that!).

WOW! Valmont Glacier!!?? Surprised Surprised Surprised I think that's pretty much the most premium product there is! So what is it like? What are the results? I hope you're planning on posting a review of it sometime Wink

I fully agree with the 'you get what you pay for' theory (though there are some exceptions I'm sure). The Valmont Renewing Pack is fabulous and while I would not hesitate buying it when I run out I would also not volunteer that information when my other half asks 'so what did you get up to today hun?'. Unfortunately he knows me way too well and instead would just say 'ok, so what did you buy today...c'mon... I can see it on your face; I know you bought something!' LOL

I think for me the Valmont Renewing Pack price tag is as high as I'm willing to go (at least for now). I know myself and I know that even buying the most premium brand would not stop me from buying other products. The justification for buying Creme de la Mer was that I wasn't going to buy anything else after that..... yeah right!!! *rolls eyes* My bathroom is once again pilling up with products and I still have an EDS voucher to spend. Very Happy Window shopping as we 'speak'...

Let us know if you decide to take the plunge (your hubby's reaction would also be appreciated Smile).

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy and Barbara,

How coincidental, but this morning I tried the Valmont Renewing Pack myself and also the very expensive Valmont Glacier because I received these wonderful samples with my EDS order which came yesterday. Isn't it great how generous they are with the samples?

The Renewing Pack is indeed incredible and I agree with every word you said, Mabsy. I put it around my eyes too with not problem. However, I don't know if I would leave it on my skin. That's just a personal opinion because knowing my skin like I do I think it could irritate it if left on way too long. But that's just me. But this product made my skin so fresh and renewed. Wonderful! I wonder what makes it feel so cooling and refreshing? This is a very different mask and I would say well worth the money.

The Valmont Glacier cream is another incredible Valmont product and one that is hard to describe because it acutally leaves a real glow to the skin because of some whitish pigments that are in the cream. But, of course, when you wear the cream you don't have a whitish cast but a real "glow" due to this stuff that's in it (isn't this just a dandy way to describe a product?) it's an amazing cream. I don't think anyone will buy the product after my pathetic review but I don't know any other way to describe the product. You have to try it for yourself. Is it worth the price tag? Only if you have the money.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy, Barbara and Leeleedeedee!!!

I think I must have a very good 'sixth sense' ( oh no!!! i don't see dead people).

Upon reading these posts, I've just stolen from my Mom's newest EDS parcel the sample tube of Valmont Renewing Pack ( that came with many more Valmont and Kinerase samples from our generous Magda) and just overcome my fear that may be it's quite oily for my skin, I just put in on and sit down...again...to check on the forum and there it was...Leeleedeedee's post saying that she just used it too.

How wonderful! I mean both the Valmont Mask I'm having on my face now and reading your posts about how much you all like it.

Gotta talk to my Mom about this, may be she can lend me some money to buy this mask. Well, I will also watch her reaction after using Valmont Lip Repair and Valmont Hands samples or I may just go ahead try them on myself :PWinkVery Happy
Mabsy

Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, in that case the last two days shall be known from now on as the Valmont Renewing Days :P

Leeleedeedee, your description of the product was great. Makes me want to try it now (and I think I do have a sample of it stashed away for a rainy day.... and what do you know! today it just so happens that it's raining! Wink).
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I understand why there's a suggestion that Valmont Renewing Pack should be 'used every morning or on a more occasional basis' ( a hot date, may be :P). Thanks for mentioning it, Mabsy! and for your wonderful observation.

Because it would be a real waste if you just go to bed with this glowy, fresh, new, rosy skin after using this mask. You must show it off not only your beautiful skin but also your...happiness!!!

I found my skin not oily or greasy at all but so smooth and brighter after using this mask ( I used the whole tube. Is it too much for one use?).

Just one more question, please!!! ( and a silly one, again), after wiping it off with a tissue, should I rinse it off too with water. Sorry, I just threw the little booklet away!!!

Help! Mabsy! 'cause it was you who started it...again...!!!Very HappyWink:P
Mabsy

Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Leila Smile

Yeah, I still get the impression that the way it was written meant that you can actually just keep it on your skin and not rinse it off. That's the way the Beauty Flash Balm works too. I'm really not sure about this one.

I think I only used about half the tube and the product sank into my skin (so you don't see any mask on my face). To be honest I didn't actually rinse it off in the end I don't think. I was too tired to make it from my computer to the bathroom (those 10-15 meters looked VERY exhausting :P).
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:35 am      Reply with quote
HI Mabsy, leiladao and leeleedeedee,

Before I jump in, I have to tell you I have the hardest time adjusting to the time change between us all. It is 10/2 @ 7:07 a.m. for me. Last night as I was getting into bed (that is a segway to my review) I said to my husband, "what is the time difference to Australia"? He replied, "why"? I responded with "some of the women I chat with on the EDS forum live in different countries and one of them is Australia". His last response was "I will support you purchasing products from a Canadian spa, and maybe even going to visit with them but I can't support you in going to Australia to pick it up"!

Now for an addition to the review! Glacier is amazing. Like I said, I am getting my period and I always look so stressed, or hard. Glacier has softened that look. I apply the glacier in the evening only. The sample is very small and I tend to need more than I do cellcosmet so I would ask for at least 2 more before I purchased the full size product. Did you read how it has a shelf life of 2-3 months? That means it doesn't last as long as Cellcosmet either. However, it is sooooooo tempting. I waaaaaaant it. I need it. Just once...I laughed at Mabsy recall of le mar, "I will never buy anything else again...."I have a few of those experiences. (But mostly with jewelry). I am going try a few of the other Valmont products, the mask and lip crème for sure.

One of the difficult things with samples is the directions are either skimpy or non-existant. I sometimes go to EDS website for help or direction. I don’t think I would rinse off the mask if it didn’t mention water. Think of the liability if it was suppose to be washed off and it wasn’t-if it needed to be?! That’s just my take on your comments.

Thank you guys for giving great reviews. It is so helpful to have intelligent articulate responses, isn’t it?

Babs
Very Happy
Mabsy

Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Barbara Portno
Before I jump in, I have to tell you I have the hardest time adjusting to the time change between us all. It is 10/2 @ 7:07 a.m. for me. Last night as I was getting into bed (that is a segway to my review) I said to my husband, "what is the time difference to Australia"? He replied, "why"? I responded with "some of the women I chat with on the EDS forum live in different countries and one of them is Australia". His last response was "I will support you purchasing products from a Canadian spa, and maybe even going to visit with them but I can't support you in going to Australia to pick it up"!

LOL!!! Awwww, he sounds really sweet I'm sure you could persuade him if you tried Smile For me it's 10/2 (well really for ME it's 2/10 :P) and it's 10:18pm.

I actually had a look at the Valmont Glacier booklet today (since there's been so much talk about it of late) and I noticed that shelf life too. That's a lot of $$$ for 3 months but you know what? If you don't get it it will bug you and you will always wonder about it until you finally cave and buy it anyway! Creme de la Mer bugged me for ages until I finally caved in. Well at least that's how things work with me Very Happy But on the other hand Glacier is way more pricy than La Mer so maybe that doesn't apply here.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope to hear about it Smile

Good night/have a nice day,
Mabsy.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy, Barbara and Leiladao!

I think we should form an " I Love Valmont Club" since it seems to be so popular lately.

Mabsy, thank you for saying nice things about my review of Glacier, but I know it stunk. Well, what can you say when you only have a little sample to work with (but I'm grateful for that little sample.) As with La mer, I was just like you. I had to try it. Every fibre of my being screamed "buy it, buy it" and my brain just wouldn't leave me alone until one day I bought it and regained some peace and quiet. Thank goodness I didn't like it and will not repurchase. Too expensive and not worth the hype. My face did not receive a miracle. For that amount of money, one does want a miracle. But, I'm glad I got it out of my system. I know I gave it a good review on this forum but I now retract it.

Leiladao, you must tell me if your mother likes the Valmlont Lip Repair because I was thinking of purchasing it but bought something else instead. I guess I'm the only one who washed off the renewing pack. I thought I was supposed to, but I had glowing, refreshed skin even with it all washed off.

Barbara, you must write a review if and when you buy the Glacier. You have wonderful posts and I would enjoy a review from you.

Bye for now, everyone
Caspers Mum

Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
This is my "secret weapon" when I have an occasion where I want to look radiant. Love it!
Mabsy

Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum,

Can you shed some light on the 'proper' use of this stuff? I get the impression from the instructions that you can use this as a mask but also every morning as a boost. I'm thinking that means that you don't have to wash it off. Any comments?

Thanks Smile
Mabsy

Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by leeleedeedee
Mabsy, thank you for saying nice things about my review of Glacier, but I know it stunk. Well, what can you say when you only have a little sample to work with (but I'm grateful for that little sample.) As with La mer, I was just like you. I had to try it. Every fibre of my being screamed "buy it, buy it" and my brain just wouldn't leave me alone until one day I bought it and regained some peace and quiet. Thank goodness I didn't like it and will not repurchase. Too expensive and not worth the hype. My face did not receive a miracle. For that amount of money, one does want a miracle. But, I'm glad I got it out of my system. I know I gave it a good review on this forum but I now retract it.

LOL, ok but I still think it was good Smile Yes, my La Mer experience has taught me to just buy things because I know I will anyway and it will just bug me. I think La Mer works wonderfully well when my skin is stressed. Before I actually thought that I would repurchase it (thought I only use it occasionally so it will last me ages). But, I have been introduced to many other products since I found this forum and because of this I doubt that I would repurchase. I would be more likely to go for Cellcosmet instead I think.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
For some reasons, I just thought Valmont Renewing Pack was a mask.

Is it a mask?

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy and Leiladao,

Yes, I would go for Cellcosmet too. La Mer is a very nice, rich moisturizer, but I found when I washed it off at night I had the same old blah skin. To me, this means that wearing the La Mer all day didn't seem to make it penetrate the upper layers of my skin. A good moisturizer should do that because then it really helps the skin to rehydrate and retain some moisture by itself.

Leiladao, Valmont Renewing Pack is a mask but it beats me whether or not it can be left on. Someone else needs to give some input.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Gals,

I love Valmont Renewing Pack too. Have tried the Bio-Regentic Serum and its cream, but they are too rich for my conbination skin.

However, i always go back to Valmont Renewing Pack as a quick pick me up mask. One of my friend even swears having the mask leave-on on her face overnight. Its really hydrates her dry skin well.

SmileVery HappyWink
sealier

Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I heard that valmont renewing pack has salon size 200ml at a price of 200USD.

Is that true? and does this site offer such size? at what price?

Mabsy

Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sealier and welcome to the forum! Smile

I've read that too. I think someone said that in their makeupalley review but I haven't actually seen one sold in a salon size (well not on the net anyway).

Mabsy.

Quote:
Originally posted by sealier
I heard that valmont renewing pack has salon size 200ml at a price of 200USD.

Is that true? and does this site offer such size? at which price?

Mabsy

Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I must admit I'm still curious as to the 'official' word on leaving this on your face. So I turned myself into an experimental guinea pig yesterday and had it on my face all day. I put a thin layer on top of my moisturising lotion and then put makeup over it after about 10 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary happened (my face is still where it used to be and looks the same Smile) and my face looked nice and healthy. Not sure if I got more of an effect from it than if I rinsed it off but I got the impression that my makeup looked 'fresh' longer than usual. Could be coincidental or just an illusion though.

Mabsy.

Quote:
Originally posted by skinlover
However, i always go back to Valmont Renewing Pack as a quick pick me up mask. One of my friend even swears having the mask leave-on on her face overnight. Its really hydrates her dry skin well.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed that all correspondence is from 2003. Is there any updates? I really want to know from Barbara Portno if she still likes the cream and does it still upkeep that glow and not create clogged up pores.
How is Barbara's husband handeling the bill so far?Smile Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
There are plenty of posts after this 2003 thread but they are in various discussions. I never felt the need to update this because nothing has changed really. I still think this is a great product and I talk about it quite often on other threads. If you do another search for the Renewing Pack you should also find quite a few other reviews of it that are more recent than this one Wink

I haven't seen Barbara on here for a while but perhaps she has email notifications set up for thread replies which might get here back here Smile It's unlikely though as she was not the originator of this thread....

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I just bought a 1oz sample size off of ebay and egerly awaiting its arrival.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Please share with me what you think of it.
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I must admit I'm still curious as to the 'official' word on leaving this on your face. So I turned myself into an experimental guinea pig yesterday and had it on my face all day. I put a thin layer on top of my moisturising lotion and then put makeup over it after about 10 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary happened (my face is still where it used to be and looks the same Smile) and my face looked nice and healthy. Not sure if I got more of an effect from it than if I rinsed it off but I got the impression that my makeup looked 'fresh' longer than usual. Could be coincidental or just an illusion though.

Mabsy.

Quote:
Originally posted by skinlover

Here is what it says about using it every day:

Useage:
· Every day, as an instant balance treatment
Every morning, apply a thin layer directly to entire face and throat (including the area around the eyes).
Leave on for 3 to 5 minutes, then remove the remainder with a clean flannel moistened with lukewarm water.

I wonder why it says to use a flannel?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |