Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: StTropez Instant Self-tan
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
coco_belmore

Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:06 am      Reply with quote
~Well who doesn't love a great tan? St. Tropez's Instant Self-Tanning Mousse is absoultly fantastic! As it is a mousse it give great and even coverage that also appears to be natural! What more can you ask for with a tan that come in a bottle? Well except to actually be in St. Tropez!~
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
St. Tropez Whipped Bronze Mousse (8 oz)
St. Tropez Whipped Bronze Mousse (8 oz)

This self-adjusting mousse is oil free and complements your skin tone, while your tan deepens over 3 hours - all without the damaging effects of the sun. Aloe leaf juice and AHA (fruit acid) allows for the richest, longest lasting tan possible. Like all St. Tropez products, Whipped Bronze has a pleasant fragrance and is ideal for the entire body, including the face.

Replaced by {{10846}}.

Mabsy

Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi coco_belmore!

Have you tried the St Tropez lotion at all? I've got that one (and like it) and I'm just wondering how the two products compare.

Mmmmm......St Tropez..... you're right; that would be a nice place to be right about now!
coco_belmore

Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Oh I have! Its great isn't it!
Mabsy

Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I meant to say the St Tropez self tanning lotion (not the body moisturizer). Is that the one you tried? Which one do you prefer? The foam or the lotion?

Thanks Smile
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy,

I have tried the self-tan lotion and it is wonderful. It gives me a great even color and long, lasting color, using the recommended amount 3-4 days (out of one treatment.) The only thing that I didn't like was the way it filled the lines in my palms; I had to scrub it off. I didn't have any trouble getting it off, it just covered my hands and I didn't want it to stain. I would give this a 9+ out of 10!

Babs
Cool
hopelesspunkrocks

Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I was just wondering if this would really work as well as you guys say it does. I have really pale skin. I've been tanning in a bed for a month so I have already developed a base tan. Could I use this or would it make me orange and streaky?
Mabsy

Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Well I myself am VERY pale (I'm a MAC NC15 if that tells you anything) and i have not had any problems with this going orange (a problem I get with many self tanners) or streaky.

You do have to remember that what may work for one person may not work for another. A lot of tanners that go orange on me work very well for other people (it's a combination of being very pale and also the skin type, or something). But I have had excellent results with this one.

Mabsy
Robin

Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:03 am      Reply with quote
I may just have to give these products a try. I am always very pale and I don't tan very well so this would be the perfect way to go and get a tan!!!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Instead of starting a new thread I would like to add that the mousse is great if you want immediate coverage that develops over an evening. The tanning lotion is also easy to apply but best applied at night so you can wash off the tint in the morning.

I have noticed that if I'm using a glycolic type face wash then the mousse doesn't last as long and the lotion does last longer. I'm very pale and I can go from pasty to J-Lo in an instant with it.

My fave selftan.

latex gloves are also recommended:)
Sacred Haven

Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
The St. Tropez Sunless Tanning products are definitely "top of the line".

Being a Licensed Massage Therapist, I have had the chance to use this line on my clients. The results have been FANTASTIC! Very Happy

While the lotion does tend to last longer than the mousse, I find my clients like the "silky feel" of the mousse when I apply it to their skin. The mousse also dries faster and with less application fuss than the lotion.

FYI - If you like to be sure of non-streaking and a seamless tan, just use a pair of old socks (turn them inside out) on your hands after you apply the lotion/mousse to your skin and rub in circular motion. This will take the excess product away from your skin and a provide a flawless tan. Then toss to socks in with your towels when doing the wash.

Also, daily moisturizing will make your sunless tan last much longer!

HINT, HINT! EDS has the best prices online for the mousse, too!

I hope this helps. Enjoy your tan!
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Sacred Haven, that's a great tip!

As for the mousse VS the lotion I agree with the others here.

Mousse: dries faster, easier to apply. IMO slightly darker color. Costs less at EDS than other places.

Lotion: Color lasts slightly longer? (not sure), usually costs less than the mousse, dries relatively fast, but not as fast as the mousse. (If you prefer more time for appl. this might work better for you). IMO, lotion works better mixed w/ moisturiser than mousse.

HTH

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I bought this at bath and body works a while back. The lotion, moisturizer and scrub. It says to rub the moisturizer in your elbows, knees and hairline prior to application, and it works well, I guess. The hardest thing for me is blending the top of my feet to look right, you know, not totally white because it just wouldn't look right, and not getting my ankles to streak. That is sooo hard. I always get streaks at the bottom of my legs.
Also, I found that is doesn't last very long, IMO, because I was having to reapply every three days. It that right?
How does everyone get the tan on there face to last more than one night? It must be the products I use because my face is always waaaaay lighter the next day then the rest of me.
All in all though, out of all the self tanners I have tried, jergens, neutrogena, and banana, and coppertone, I like this the best.
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have their bronzing powder - also very good and it seems to be lasting for ages
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
NO streaks! This is why I love this product!!! It's amazing for a self tanner.
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
i received this as a birthday present from my brother.. of course under my direction Wink i had heard horror stories about dyed sheets, so i planned ahead: i rubbed the lotion on myself in circular motions, cleaning my hands as i went with baking soda (BEST for removing it!), at like 6pm! i sat in my winter pajamas, making sure my legs weren't pressed against each other, etc. i went to bed at 9pm in my boxers and t-shirt and lo and behold, no stains when i woke up! the lotion gave me a lovely deep caramel colour that lasted for days. AND no streaks! it was beautiful. because i don't use it all the time, its definitely worth the money.
tip: to get your hands tanned, put some lotion on a cotton pad and dab it onto the tops of your hands and fingers. works like a charm!
in2style

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried all kinds of tanning lotions and St Tropez is, by far, the best - I have been using for a year now. I use the lotion on my lower half as I find it gives a deeper color on my legs (I like them a little darker) but I use the foam on my upper as it gives a natural healthy golden tone and dries quicker. It is never orange and is very natural. In fact, many times I've been asked where I have been on vacation. I ALWAYS use latex medical gloves to apply - goes on smoother and no messy hands. The lotion does rub onto my sheets overnight but this easily washes out and doesn't stain. You won't be disappointed.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I heard about this product here on EDS and got it last year. St. Tropez mousse is definitely the best self-tanner I have ever used!!! I am fair and it looks natural and lasts a long time on me. It also has a color guard which makes even application easier. No major smell either. I love it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
i agree this is the best self tanner out there. never any streaks and realistic color. i don't know how it does it, but the color is exactly the color i tan.

i also use the moisturizer which is great too. its very low maintenance. i just throw some on my legs when i'm wearing a skirt and it gives me some color. i don't exfoilate before hand or anything and it still doesn't streak.

the only issue with st. tropez mousee (haven't tried the lotion) is the smell. there's a slight self tanner smell to them. but i just wear perfume the day after i apply and i'm fine.
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I love this stuff..been using it for over 10 yrs!
Very Happy
I am a model AND IT ALWAYS DOES THE TRICK..
A lot of the makeup artists use it too.
After so many self tanning disasters, etc (.Thank goodness for airbrushing pics..) Laughing

..I've used every one..
It is the cream of the crop!

FYI:
I just found another great one too..through a makeup artist who works a lot on swimwear shoots..
It is called XENtan..

I loved it a lot (similar to St Tropez)and the smell is actually much better than St Tropez, so I bought a bunch on line..
I like both lines and now use them both!

Yep! sheets are a huge issue and it drives men crazy..lol
But, they like tan girls usually, so too bad..they have to love with it.
I also usually wear ugly jammies and longer sleeves....
I guess this is something they may never figure out and messy sheet must just come with the territory..lol

I use latex gloves from CVS and put vaseline on toes and dry patches..then use a cotton ball to apply to hands..
Also, if you are worried about streaks..
Wait til the St Tropez or XenTan dry a bit, and use a natural and soft sea sponge and buff..
Learned this one from a famous supermodel! Wink
Baking soda is great for hands and spots!

Happing faux glowing gals!

Love this place soo much..It is a great site!

Smile
xoxo
A
Kat ~<3
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Ahh so happy for this review! I had St. Tropez self tanner in my basket and removed it thinking, oh it's probably just another streaky product, why waste money? I'm sold, it's going back in the basket for when I order!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Kat ~<3 wrote:
Ahh so happy for this review! I had St. Tropez self tanner in my basket and removed it thinking, oh it's probably just another streaky product, why waste money? I'm sold, it's going back in the basket for when I order!! Very Happy

I can vouch for the St. Tropez mousse as the best self-tanner I've ever used. I haven't tried their cream version though.

Hope you like it as well!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |