Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
:: Review :: Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
This is a mask meant to be used once or twice weekly, it is a chemical exfoliator with AHA. On application it feels like a clay-mask, only a bit thinner. It doesn't go on very smoothly, and you need quite a lot of the product to make an even, thin layer. It can itch or sting a little bit, so try a sample of it before you buy the full size if your skin is on the sensitive side. I put it on my whole face (except eye/mouth) twice a week, leave it on for 10 minutes, and follow with Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque. I don't use other exfoliating products than this. My skin is a little bli dehydrated and also has some blackheads here and there.

I have mixed feelings about this product. On the one hand, it does a great job cleaning pores. On the other hand the skin feels a bit stripped after use. I think this has resulted in peeling of the skin, especially around the nose area, but I continue using it because it works well on my pores. I am not sure if I will buy it again though, I guess I'll try other products (like Decleor Phytopeel) a try first.

The thing I am most satisfied about with this product is the deep-cleansed feeling of the pores, and I believe the mask has tightened the pores all over as well as helped clearing up the blackheads (I have also extracted these with a skin tool (tweezerman) before applying the mask).

So.. I recommend it, although I will try another product myself when it is time to get a new deep-cleaning masque.

Smile
agnas
5% products discount

Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have used this product , the result is great for me to deep cleaning.
Kimberleylee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I found the cream exfoliant very cleansing of the pores and worked deep!
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Does it Dry the skin out - I find some of the deep cleansers do?
Cheers Question
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
I was given a sample sachet of this to try by EDS.

My skin: dry with blemishes around forehead, chin and sometimes random places.

First try: I put it all over my face except the nose and eye area as advised. Because it didn't sting I left it for over the advised time limit. Big mistake as I had a lot of peeling (looked like someone spinkled dessicated coconut over me Laughing).

The interesting thing is that it brought alot of my pimples to a head the next day so it enabled easy extraction.

I have been using the remaining product now to just bring my pimples to a head.

I don't know if I would use it as a mask because my skin is dry overall, but this is definitely a nice easy way of bringing blemishes to a head.

The other thing I like about it is that is basically goes on nearly dry and is easy to wash off!

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kiwi bird wrote:
Does it Dry the skin out - I find some of the deep cleansers do?
Cheers Question

It didn't dry out my skin. I haven't gotten a full size of it as I'm still going through my Skin Prep scrub with will last forever at the rate I'm going.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Updating my opinion on this. I got a full tube (not through EDS due to the lack of credit card Sad ) and it has definitely become a repurchase product.

I have acne-combination skin, meaning uneven texture, at least several pimples on face at all times and some white heads. It got really bad when I started working at an office full time, so bad I was just thankful I had a fringe.

Using just this and the I Feel Pretty Healing serum on a daily basis for the last two months my skin has improved drastically. I just have one tiny pimple which is drying up as I speak and some uneven skin texture, but much better than before.

However I did not follow the suggestions and actually used this as a spot treatment. Plus I found that I can used this as a mattifier. Rolling Eyes Necessity is the mother of all inventions.

Bottom line, if you skin can tolerate BHA/AHA I think this is a great product to have in your arsenal.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I have used its sample before.It is gentle and effective oily&acne skin.
So I wanna buy its full size.
Chloelee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I was given a sample before and loved it but since I still have two other bottle of exfoliating cream. So had to wait a bit Confused
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 12:23 am      Reply with quote
I've used this before and it's effective and gentler then the microfoliant which left my skin a little taut. Overall, a good product to have during my period to deep cleanse.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
i received a sample packet from EDS from my last order. I managed to get 2 uses out of the sample. It is a creamy masque which you apply after cleansing and leave on for 10-15 minutes. My skin felt a bit smoother and cleaner after using it almost the same feeling in comparison to Dermalogica's Skin Refining Masque. It stung only a little bit when you first apply it which eventually subsides after a few minutes. I would consider buying this to add to my regimen but, and this is a big BUT, the masque has a horrible putrid foul smell to it, almost like rotten garbage that's been sitting around for too long. I don't know if it's because my sample was defective, but I just cannot bring myself to use this every week due to the smell. Did anybody else notice any smell to this product?? I hope it's just my sample that was defective since it is a decent product otherwise.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I had a full size of this and found that over a short period of time the product would seperate and come out watery. I'd never used a chemical exfoliant before when I first purchased this so at the time I was pleased with the results, but since then I've tried other similar products and wouldn't go back to using the Dermalogica one. Elemis do a Papaya Enzyme Peel which is gentle like the Dermalogica one, but gave me better results, and smelled much nicer aswell!
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
thanks sel, i will keep that one in mind.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |