Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dermalogica Shampoo - conditioner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I have tried many, many shampoos and conditioners because my scalp has been as sensitive and challenging as my face. Dermalogica Shampoo & conditioner are wonderful. My symptoms were; at the hairline above my forehead, behind my ears, and areas around my head would flake and itch. I had been told it was excessive oil, dandruff, and or eczema. (I have dry skin.) I haven't had a single occurrence since I started using the Dermalogica line. I wouldn't be 24 hours without it. (They have just one choice of each, no process of elimination). The best part is, it is less expensive than salon lines! Hope this helps anyone with the same or similar symptoms. FYI....I had even used Kiehl's products which were held in very high regard-.

Babs Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dermalogica Shine Theraphy Shampoo (237 ml / 8 oz)

Uniquely therapeutic daily-use shampoo that infuses hair with brilliant shine.

Replaced by {{19534}}.

thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree with Bab's review. Just now I tried the Dermalogica shampoo and conditioner from a sample EDS sent. I was surprised that such a small amount really worked on my thick hair. I usually put on gobs of shampoo and conditioner but with this product it's not necessary. I love the smell too. It says fragrance-free but it has a natural smell of lavender, ylang-ylang, eucalyptus, rosemary, and lemon oils. Not to mention it contains one of my favorite ingredients-- tea tree oil which is great for dry scalp. I think I'll have to add this to my long list of products to get.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:

Uniquely therapeutic daily-use shampoo that infuses hair with brilliant shine.

Replaced by {{19534}}.

Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Babs -- your skincare routine sounds amazing Surprised Just been reading your recent reviews Very Happy

Anyhow, back on topic, I wonder if any of you ladies have tried 'Paula's Choice' and her shampoo (conditioner?) that may also be used as a body wash? I'm not quite sure how that'd work, but I guess if it's gentle enough for the body, it'd be gentle on your scalp. If anyone's interested I'll try it out and post a mini-review in the future.

glee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
A very high quality shampoo at a reasonable price. I've always liked Dermalogica products because of it's great product and wonderful smell.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I really liked this shampoo and conditioner too...i started using kerestase lately because my color treated hair needed some moisture. I loved the lavender smell of dermalogica though.
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Funny all this time I've never tried the conditioner. But I have used the Dermalogica Shine Therapy shampoo for at least 3 years. I took a break and tried an Aveda shampoo then went back to Dermalogica after a short short time. I think the Aveda dried out my hair. I don't have patience with conditioners but my hair would probably benefit from it. I'm not opposed to try another shampoo for a change, esp. some of the organic ones out there, but the Dermalogica shampoo is a staple I have no problem returning to.
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Probably a silly question... what do the Dermalogica Shampoo and conditioner smell like? I like their subtle slightly herbal smells in the skincare range and for some reason I had visualised a fragrance free thing with the haircare and it didnt appeal to me.I have used virtually all of the face care range but never ventured into the hair or spa body care... though I hear the body oil is great too. I should give the haircare a go too...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Ok. I am an idiot. I just re read and saw Olivia had said it has a lavender smell... ooh nice. I do apologise...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Barbara Portno wrote:
I have tried many, many shampoos and conditioners because my scalp has been as sensitive and challenging as my face. Dermalogica Shampoo & conditioner are wonderful. My symptoms were; at the hairline above my forehead, behind my ears, and areas around my head would flake and itch. I had been told it was excessive oil, dandruff, and or eczema. (I have dry skin.) I haven't had a single occurrence since I started using the Dermalogica line. I wouldn't be 24 hours without it. (They have just one choice of each, no process of elimination). The best part is, it is less expensive than salon lines! Hope this helps anyone with the same or similar symptoms. FYI....I had even used Kiehl's products which were held in very high regard-.

Babs Very Happy

Hi Babs, I got exactly the same problem as yours and I keep trying many brands but still cannot find any complete solution for that. Are you still using this shampoo? is it good for everyday use?
SujathaB

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I too have a sensitive skin and hair and scalp like some of you guys do . Thank god I found dermalogica hair shampoo and conditioner. I have tried each and every one of the hair care products . For some reason none of them helped my hair fall. I used to loose so much hair right after putting in the conditioner . After drying out my hair I used to loose another round right after combing . I was so frustrated that my bath room floor was full of my hair . Ah disgusting !! Finally I tried Dermalogica shampoo and conditioner samples that I got with my order of derma skin care products . Wow I love this shampoo and conditioner. Love the way my hair felt after using them. My hair has never been so silkier and softer and my hair fall has reduced drastically . My hair is so fresh and hydrated even after 5 days .Ah and they smell heavenly like lavenders , eucalyptus , ylang ylang and the heavenly smell stays for a few days after the bath . I ordered them in full sizes and cant wait to receive them ... Thank god I found these amazing products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:19 am      Reply with quote
wanna know.. it seems can be used everyday?
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I prefer KIEHLS.More natural, more moisture

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:14 am      Reply with quote
I very tried many products from Dermalogica and really love it. It seems worth trying the hair products as well. I believe Dermalogic will never make me disappointed. The only question is, does it work well on antidandruff?
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I wish they don't contain SLS in it...I hope for a more natural product, really.
MarthaB
5% products discount

Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone who tried this have color treated hair and did you have problems with color fading? Thanks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
i didnt even know dermalogica had a range of shampoo and conditioner. ...
znn_111
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
my friend use it , strongly recommend to me
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Sable wrote:
Babs -- your skincare routine sounds amazing Surprised Just been reading your recent reviews Very Happy

Anyhow, back on topic, I wonder if any of you ladies have tried 'Paula's Choice' and her shampoo (conditioner?) that may also be used as a body wash? I'm not quite sure how that'd work, but I guess if it's gentle enough for the body, it'd be gentle on your scalp. If anyone's interested I'll try it out and post a mini-review in the future.

I was thinking of trying Paula's choice too. Did you get it? I would love to know if you have any more feedback on it?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |