Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Decleor Clay and Herbal Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I got my Decleor Masque a l'Argile et aux Herbes (Clay and Herbal Mask) as a gift with my Decleor order from EDS a few months back.

I have only used it a couple of times, but it really is a nice mask. It has an interesting (herbal) smell, but after a minute or two it really grows on you. I like the fact that as it dries it does not go super dry and tight. My delicate skin does not like those "dont move or your face will crack" type masks. Razz

To take it off I soak my Eve Lom cleansing cloth in hottish water, wring, and then put the warm cloth on my face to soften the mask before wiping off.

My skin really does feel beautiful and soft afterwards. When I looked up the spiel on the EDS site, I noticed they say to use after exfoliating for more effect.. I think I will try it again later this week after I use my epidermx and see how that feels.

Would I purchase this? Yes. But as there are a lot of other masks I am dying to try it might be a while before that happens. Laughing

Size: 50ml $38.00 Canadian Dollars on EDS
For all skin types

Product Info:
This gree clay mask does two things at once - its delicious cream formula both purifies and softens your skin.

Key ingredients:
Plant extracts of camomile, peach, grapefruit, bilberry and ginseng.

Use:
Use at least once a week and up to three times a week if your skin is particularly stubborn, apply a medium-layer of a Decleor mask. Leave it to act for 10-15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly. By exfoliating beforehand you'll intensify results by enhancing the absorption of active plant extracts with softening properties.

Anyone else tried it?
Mabsy

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:00 am      Reply with quote
This product has been on a rollercoaster ride on my "to try" list. I haven't read any reviews of it (previously to yours) so it's made it on and then off, and then on, and then off again for various reasons (closely correlated to how many masks I have at the given point in time and how many I think I "need" Laughing ). Now it makes it back on again Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:41 am      Reply with quote
uh oh.. I see that the latest Decleor gift on EDS is a full size of the Hydra Floral Intensive Gentle Hydrating Mask. Oooh, this also sounds so yummy. ACK! Now my mind is thinking it needs to buy some Decleor replacements too! Laughing

Quote:
for all skin types
INTENSIVE GENTLE HYDRATING MASK with Phyto-Aromatic Sources
HYDRA FLORAL MASK is an intensive yet gentle moisturising concentrate. Thanks to its gradual "drip feed" moisturising action, this intensive treatment:
• immediately quenches and relaxes,
• intensely replenishes,
• provides a long-lasting moisturisation.
Thanks to a cocktail naturally rich in powerful moisturising active ingredients, it offers your skin a natural moisturising boost for immediate well-being and lasting comfort. The velvety suppleness of its fresh, creamy-water texture, with its light aqua-floral scent, steeps your skin in a wholesome bath of gentleness.

I think I need a new "interest" - one that does not cost me so much!
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:28 am      Reply with quote
WOT!!!

A decleor product I havent tried!!!

Thanks for the review, I think I might be adding this one to my collection.. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Ok, well, today was epidermx day, so I could not resist to use the mask afterwards. Oooh what a lovely feeling. I also put on and Estee Lauder anti stress eye mask, so it was very relaxing. Afterwards, my skin felt so smooth and moist. I followed up with my Cellcosmet samples (elasto collagen, ultra vital, eye cream) and so am now sitting here constantly my face which feels like silk. Very Happy
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger_tim,
Thanks for your review! I have been thinking of trying this mask, as I have run out of Decleor's Regulating Purifying (RP) Mask. (I have already cut open the tube and dug out the remnants Wink ).

The RP Mask really absorbs visible gunk and does all the things you described about the Clay & Herbal (C&H) Mask. In fact, I just checked and the descriptions on Decleor's website are nearly identical, yet the ingredients are unique. The C&H Mask contains 4% Green Clay and the RP Maskcontains 15% White Clay and so on...

I have slightly dry and sensitive skin with tendency to become congested, and while the RP Mask works well, it does bother my skin a bit (perhaps due to the menthol). I do not use it without following with a layer of Hydra Floral Intensive Gentle Hydrating Mask, which is a fantastic duo, by the way.

I wonder if the C&H Mask would suit me better. What do you think?
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
uh oh.. I see that the latest Decleor gift on EDS is a full size of the Hydra Floral Intensive Gentle Hydrating Mask. Oooh, this also sounds so yummy. ACK! Now my mind is thinking it needs to buy some Decleor replacements too! Laughing

That was my rationale for my latest order; the GWP was the Vitaroma Eye and Lip Cream, and I just had to have it Drool My Decleor wish list has quite a few items on it, so I managed to order a few things that I "needed" Rolling Eyes

That mask sounds nice; I will add it to my wish list now!

Tina
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
k.a.t, if the other one bothers your sensitive skin a bit, then definately give this one a try.

I was a bit doubtful about trying it when I first got it because of the green clay content. I just did not feel I needed a clay mask and well, previous clay masks actually caused me pain as they tightened during drying.

But this one caused no problems, in fact, it soothed the redness of my skin from after the microdermabrasion (after any massage, scrub, etc, my face is reddish because of the stimulation - I have very fair skin).

I am keen to try the hydra floral for winter and think I will come back to this herbal clay one for summer use.

Sigh, I love doing nice things for my face.. I would do some kind of treatment every night if I had time. Laughing
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
any updates on this one Tiger_Tim? Am liking the sound of this...am sort of window shopping Cool

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I have run out of this mask but would definately consider purchasing it one day (as I mentioned mine was a full-size gift with purchase here at EDS).

At present I am using the Cellcosmet Anti-Stress Mask and Dr. LeWinn's R4 Mask, both of which are very similar in texture and effect. The Jurlique one (um, deep clean maybe.. I forget the name) is also as nice.

But basically I would not hesitate to recommend this one as it was just lovely to use even during drier winter months I got away with it Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:09 am      Reply with quote
thanx sweets:)

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
These sound really great. Can't wait to try myself.
Tammy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Does anything else in the Decleor line smell like this mask?

Thanks.
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Sounds great. I am looking for Clay Mask. I am interested about Dr Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask and John Masters Organics French Green Clay & Green Tea Purifying Mask. However, i felt Dr Hauschka does not convenience and the smell of John Masters is not good. Now seems Decleor Masque a l Argile et aux Herbes - Clay and Herbal Mask is another good choice. Laughing
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I have just finished a tube of the Clay and herb mask. I think it is very good (not too strong). Having said that, I am going to alternate this with Decleor's Aroma Purete mask - which is also a cleansing mask with essential oils. I alternate my mask routine with moisturising mask and cleansing mask once a week each.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I love Clay & Herbal Mask. It's 1 of my favourite face masks.

There's an application method which I learned from my esthetician. You can mix Clay & Herbal Mask, Flower Essence Moisturising Mask and Prolagene Gel together and apply. The result is great. You've gotta give it a try.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Sounds good!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Jolin wrote:

There's an application method which I learned from my esthetician. You can mix Clay & Herbal Mask, Flower Essence Moisturising Mask and Prolagene Gel together and apply. The result is great. You've gotta give it a try.

Curious about the result. Should I buy the three of them now or should I wait till the next payday?
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Jolin wrote:

wow, 3 more on my list...
how does this clay mask compare to Dr. Hauschka?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |