Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you think HA tabs would help for dry eyes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
anixia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
In the winter time with all this horrible indoor heat I am having to apply eye drops 4-5 times a day. I have tried running a humidifier at night, and that helps with waking up dry, but not throughout the day.

Since HA seems to lubricate a bunch of other things do you think it might help my eyes? If not does anyone have any EYEdeas? Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
anixia wrote:
EYEdeas? Wink

Laughing My kind of humor. Wink

I am curious about HA supplements helping dry eyes too. I'm a dry eye sufferer myself and sometimes find it difficult to wear my contacts. I have seen great improvement with Blink eye drops (the only brand that contains hyaluronic acid) but I could still use more moisture.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know for sure that these are safe when tested in published studies?
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi anixia and amnis - I tried taking oral HA supplements a couple of years ago when the thread about its lip-plumping power started on the forum. A lot of members continue to take it. But I didn't notice lip plumping. Instead, my eye area got puffy and so I stopped.

I'm in the more cautious camp when it comes to taking oral supplements and I'm wary of something that works by causing fluid retention, which is what my experience with it seemed like. Like jakee, I'm concerned about safety, and I have no idea what a "safe" dosage for daily use would be. When that thread started, some members dug up info which gave them fairly serious reservations. I think it would be wise to do some research before taking it daily.

I use lubricating drops at bedtime only. I wonder if applying drops too often could ultimately exacerbate dryness? And anti-redness, etc., drops can actually CAUSE dryness. Amnis, are the Blink drops the most lubricating you've come across? If so, I may give them a try.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I've had dry eyes for a few years now, and did try HA supplements for a few months. They did not help with the eye problem at all, nor did I get the "added" benefit of plumper lips. Some people claim they work and have gotten results, they just didn't work for me! Confused
I use Thera Tears which does offer some relief, but have yet to find anything that wowed me. If anyone does, please let us know. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Sportygirl and M.April,

Try similasan! Their dry eye drops are the best I've found, and they are homeopathic--you can put them in your eyes as many time as needed daily and they are harmless... And when in Europe, a good alternative is innoxa gouttes bleues.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Sportygirl and M.April,

Try similasan! Their dry eye drops are the best I've found, and they are homeopathic--you can put them in your eyes as many time as needed daily and they are harmless... And when in Europe, a good alternative is innoxa gouttes bleues.

--avalange

Thanks avalange. I don't recall ever seeing this particular product anywhere. Do you just get it in a regular health food store? I'm in Canada if that helps. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:
avalange wrote:
Sportygirl and M.April,

--avalange

Thanks avalange. I don't recall ever seeing this particular product anywhere. Do you just get it in a regular health food store? I'm in Canada if that helps. Very Happy

http://www.allaboutvision.com/similasan/

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again avalange, I see they sell this at WallMart, so will check it out today. Good info. on the site too! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Amnis, are the Blink drops the most lubricating you've come across? If so, I may give them a try.

IMO, for all the drops that can be used with contact lenses, they are the most lubricating and the lubrication seems to last longer. In the mornings I squeeze a drop of the Blink drops on the inside of my lenses *before* I put them in my eyes. If I end up wearing my lenses later on into the evening I will squeeze drops into my eyes. Usually by 7 or 8pm I am ready to take my lenses out and wear my glasses. (Darn dry eyes!)

I received a sample of Blink from an optician when I was looking at frames in his frame shop. I must have commented on how I wanted to wear my glasses more b/c my eyes were so dry and it made my contacts uncomfortable and cloudy but only I couldn't b/c my eyes are so sensitive that I have to wear sunglasses every day even if it's overcast out. So I was looking for a pair of glasses with clip on sunglasses. Well, he asked me if I had ever tried Blink (and I hadn't). He explained that our eyes have a mixture of water, mucous and enzymes from tears. When the water is lacking the mucous is in greater proportion to the water in the eye and that's how the contacts become "cloudy". He said that the Blink formulation really helps with the water loss.

My opthamologist also switched my lenses from Acuvue 2 to Proclear Compatibles. I tried out Acuvue hydraclear for a week but didn't really find anything special about it. She also confirmed that Blink eye drops were good and already had patients that used and liked the brand.

I try to wear my glasses as much as possible b/c I think wearing my contacts everyday causes more dry eyes. AND with glasses I don't rub my eyes like I end up doing when I'm wearing my contacts. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm rubbing my eyes until I accidentily rub a lens out of my eye. D'Oh!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Also,

Innoxa:

http://www.uncrate.com/men/body/health-fitness/innoxa-gouttes-bleues-eye-drops-001748.php

--avalange

m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you amnis and avalange for your recommendations!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry eyes and allergies. I have Restasis (prescription) but it doesn't really help me.

I use products fromwww.dryeyezone.com. (They have a link to the Dry Eye Shop. There is a forum there and tons of information and comparisons on ingredients, preservatives and procedures.

Oh, and I have 3 punctal plugs in my eyes (block the tear ducts so my tears don't drain).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
THANK YOU avalange for the similasan recommendation. I love it. I've tried so many things (artificial tears, visine etc...even restasis) for my dry eyes and similasan is by far the best! Thank you!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
THANK YOU avalange for the similasan recommendation. I love it. I've tried so many things (artificial tears, visine etc...even restasis) for my dry eyes and similasan is by far the best! Thank you!

Do you wear contacts at all? When do you apply the drops?

leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I suffer from extreme dry eye, especially since getting Lasik done. I also have two permanent eye plugs, but they really haven't helped.

I tried HA supplements when the thread regarding lip plumping was started, but I didn't notice my eyes feeling any more moisturized, so I don't think that they would really help dry eye. But again, my condition is pretty severe. In terms of supplements helping with eye moisturization, I think Omega fatty acids may help. My doc said, it's worth a try, but not too enthusiastic about the rec. Eye drop manufacturers have started marketing the supplements along with the eye drops. I use to take Omega, but not religiously. I picked some up last week & so hopefully they will help. If they don't help with dry eye, there are still lots of other anti-aging benefits associated w/Omega 3-6-9.

I just got a prescription last week for Restasis after Rjez mentioned she also suffers from dry eye. It's only been a week & I really don't see any improvement, but my doc did say that it takes at least a month to see any difference. It's suppose to increase tear production. My doc recommends thera tears liquid gel & celluvisc for the day b/c these are the thicker drops that are preservative free. I use them every 2-3 hrs, but still suffer from red eyes. I use lacrilube ointment at night and also sleep with a humidifier, but still wake up with VERY dry/irritated eyes.

I want to try the similasan, but just had a few q's. I noticed that the drops are in a bottle & so are probably not preservative free. My doc is SO adamant about not using bottled eye drops b/c they're not preservative free. Does anyone know why this is such a big deal? Also, does anyone know how these drops compare to to either the thera liquid or celluvisc? Are they thicker?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:30 am      Reply with quote
hi leidon,

the drops are literally the consistency of water, and they do not sting. As far as I know, they are all natural and can be used as many times per day as necessary, so I think they are without preservatives. But I am not totally sure--I'd do a search and see what comes up! It says nothing about preservatives on their website...

--avalange

p.s. at--I'm so glad you like them, aren't they great?

Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi amnis and leidon,

No, I don't wear contacts but I have really really dry eyes. My doc recommended the hot pads etc - and that helps some but it is a pain to keep a pad on your eyes for 10 minutes at a time. I've dried Tears Naturale, Restasis (which is soooooo expensive), other eye drops from the Restasis manusfacturer, number of prescription stuff and I've fallen in love with similasan. It's better than artificial tears and "feels" natural to me. My only gripe is that it's in a glass bottle, so you can squeeze it out and have to touch the nozzle - which makes me very nervous of ctaching an infection. I wash my hands before applying it and will dutifully toss the bottle at the 4-week stage. I don't know about the preservatives but they feel very light and not sticky at all and yet are so much more effective than the sticky goos I used to use plus I don't need a prescription plus it's cheaper. RESULTS!

Cat
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use shiesiedo revital AA eye mask twice a week ,shiesiedo revital AA eye surum and shiesiedo futures eye cream every evening ,LP caviar serum and radiance eye cream every morning.I found this eye skin care routine is comfortable for my dry eye skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
i want to know the answer too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Hi amnis and leidon,

No, I don't wear contacts but I have really really dry eyes. My doc recommended the hot pads etc - and that helps some but it is a pain to keep a pad on your eyes for 10 minutes at a time. I've dried Tears Naturale, Restasis (which is soooooo expensive), other eye drops from the Restasis manusfacturer, number of prescription stuff and I've fallen in love with similasan. It's better than artificial tears and "feels" natural to me. My only gripe is that it's in a glass bottle, so you can squeeze it out and have to touch the nozzle - which makes me very nervous of ctaching an infection. I wash my hands before applying it and will dutifully toss the bottle at the 4-week stage. I don't know about the preservatives but they feel very light and not sticky at all and yet are so much more effective than the sticky goos I used to use plus I don't need a prescription plus it's cheaper. RESULTS!Cat

I forgot that my doc also recommended the hot compress thing. I guess the ducts that are suppose to add oil are backed up/too thick to secrete enough moisture in my eyes. I picked up one of those satin eye compresses filled w/lavender that you can throw in the microwave. I'm suppose to use it 10 minutes in the am & pm, but I don't even have the time to do this in the am & haven't been religious about doing it at night either. I try to put it on when I'm about to fall asleep. Problem is, I like to fall asleep watching tv, so most nights it doesn't make it on my face.

Another problem he mentioned is that I don't blink properly. I kind of flutter blink (batting my luscious JM lashes I guess Laughing ) So, another tip is to blink more often & intentionally for a longer period of time.

This is my second week on Restasis & I haven't seen any improvement yet. Rjez & Agent OO-CAT did the Restasis help at all? Did you just do one 30 day supply & then figured out that it didn't work for you? I only have 2 of my ducts plugged & am now wondering if I should have the others plugged as well if the Restasis doesn't work. I can't imagine living with my eyes this irritated forever. Even when I do get a full night's sleep, I look like I've been up all night, or stoned. I want my eyes to to look healthy, refreshed & well rested.

I will definitely try the simislan. The issue w/touching the nozzle does concern me though, but I'll give it a try anyway. Just want these red eyes to go away!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
leidon,

I think that the heat compress thing has to be wet heat rather than dry heat so your microwavable compress might not be helping. I use a small folded towel in a bowl of hot water. After religiously using it for a week, I saw some improvements but then forgot to carry on.

I did a full month of restasis and decided not to bother. I din't see ANY improvement. I hate it! Blah!

I'm using the simislan about two or three times a day - when I wake up and when I get home. I could do with using it another time or two during the day; my eyes really feel refreshed for at least acouple of hours afterwards.

I don't know if it'll work for you - we're all different but for me, it's a huge change.

Best,

Cat
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
anixia wrote:
EYEdeas? Wink

Laughing My kind of humor. Wink

aqueous humor or vitreous humor? (too obscure?)

The vitreous humor of the eye does contain HA, so it seems reasonable supplementing with HA could help.

There is a study that shows that supplementing with Omega-3 fatty acids helps dry eyes.
Quote:
CONCLUSIONS: These results suggest that a higher dietary intake of n-3 FAs is associated with a decreased incidence of DES in women. These findings are consistent with anecdotal clinical observations and postulated biological mechanisms.

Oh, and I third the Similisan. I was going to mention it too.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
HA capsules have helped my dry eyes immensely! (others obviously not, but i'd give them a shot.) my HG for dry eyes. though is LacriLube. it's an ointment that you put in your eyes before you go to sleep (after the contacts come out) and i swear it's the only thing that's allowed me to wear contacts for years! i rarely need to use it now (because of the HA), but never travel without just in case....
praia98
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry eyes which are a lot better now. I used TheraTears, an all- natural tear formula with no preservatives.
I have been taking an Omega 3 supplement and now have rarely used the drops even with being on the computer every day. It could slso bee the lack of the A/C which really aggravted my eyes.
Theratears also makes little single use packets also preservative-free.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |