Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



:: REVIEW :: Eminence Sour Cherry Masque

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 May 2006
Posts: 1114
Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
The Eminence Sour Cherry Masque is described as a revitalizing and toning mask. It smells like cherries and has a gel-like consistency. It's thicker than most gel type masks.

I applied it to freshly cleansed skin. I really like the way it felt on my skin and the scent was yummy, so I left it on for 30 mintues. When I removed it, my skin was nicely hydrated and plumped up. More pores looked smaller, but the best part was the hydration.

The Sour Cherry Masque was a nice addition to my routine. I usually look more at treatment masks, so this one was a treat. I'm still torn as to whether or not I would repurchase; only because I tend to go for more potent masks. That said though, I don't currently have a hydrating mask in my arsenal, so that will push it into the repurchase column. Very Happy

Ingredients: Sour Cherry, Sour Cherry Pulp, Honey, Sour Cherry Juice, Bioflavonoids, Natural Moisturizing Factor, Biocomplex (Vitamin A, Ester C, Vitamin E, Coenzyme Q10, Alpha Lipoic Acid), Sour Cherry Extract, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycine Derivative, Xanthan Gum
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Eminence Organics Sour Cherry Masque (60 ml / 2 oz)
Eminence Organics Sour Cherry Masque (60 ml / 2 oz)

Revitalizing & Toning
• Combats the damaging effects of free radicals
• Moisturizes the epidermis
• Reduces the visible signs of aging
• Enriches and firms the skin’s texture
• Refreshes and rejuvenates the complexion
• Assists in stimulating vital functions of the epidermis

tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 2634
Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
just what I was looking for.. feedback on this mask! It is in my EDS cart waiting for a check-out Very Happy

_________________
SKIN: combination, reactive to climate changes and extremely fair. "Women complain about premenstrual syndrome, but I think of it as the only time of the month that I can be myself." --Roseanne
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 May 2006
Posts: 1114
Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Glad that I could help. Smile I hope you like it!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 1273
Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds good enought to eat Tam.
Very Happy
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Posts: 1135
Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi tam - Keep it up!!! At this rate, you'll get around to reviewing the Gingko Biloba, Stone Crop and Cranberry Masques which I'm eyeing!

I have to admit I've drooled over these luscious items at my salon but since the prices are a bit dear, I've held back. Now that EDS is offering them [with my discount] my will is weakening.

How many applications do you think you'll get out of each jar???
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 May 2006
Posts: 1114
Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Hi tam - Keep it up!!! At this rate, you'll get around to reviewing the Gingko Biloba, Stone Crop and Cranberry Masques which I'm eyeing!

I have to admit I've drooled over these luscious items at my salon but since the prices are a bit dear, I've held back. Now that EDS is offering them [with my discount] my will is weakening.

How many applications do you think you'll get out of each jar???


Actually, my next review is going to be for the Stone Crop Masque! Laughing I just need to use it a couple more times.

How many applications of the Sour Cherry Masque? It's hard to say... I have a 1/2 ounce jar and I'd estimate that I will get 12-15 applications out of it. The full size is 2 oz., so for the number of times you can use it, it is well worth the price. Smile
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 536
Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
This mask sounds so delicious!
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Posts: 360
Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Sour Cherry Masnque before the reformulation and I rather liked it. Looks like cherry jam. I love the whole fruit pulp concept masks! Feels very decadent. I just placed an order for the reformulated mask so fingers crossed! I only wish Essential Day Spa carried the whole range of the masks and serums from Eminence. Hint, hint!! Laughing
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 3396
Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
This was hovering very close to my wishlist. It's now been added. Sour cherries, yum!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Apr 2005
Posts: 1190
Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
This sounds so yummy - but then they all do, I'm having trouble choosing which one I'd like to try the most Confused .
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 May 2006
Posts: 1114
Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
In the name of skincare research, I decided to taste the Sour Cherry Masque. Laughing

For everyone that inquired, it tastes sour and faintly of cherries. So, while I give it a high recommendation as a mask, I don't think that it would be a tasty addition to your morning toast. Wink
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 2634
Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
In the name of skincare research, I decided to taste the Sour Cherry Masque. Laughing

For everyone that inquired, it tastes sour and faintly of cherries. So, while I give it a high recommendation as a mask, I don't think that it would be a tasty addition to your morning toast. Wink


Just as well... that would be one EXPENSIVE jar of jam! Laughing

_________________
SKIN: combination, reactive to climate changes and extremely fair. "Women complain about premenstrual syndrome, but I think of it as the only time of the month that I can be myself." --Roseanne
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 1014
Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm not even familiar with this line, but I had to click on the thread simply because I LOVE cherries! Laughing I am a nut about masques, and this sounds like one I need to try...

Thanks so much for posting this!
Mary Very Happy

_________________
43, Confirmed desert rat (Scottsdale, AZ), animal lover (3 kitties and a pup) and hopeless product junkie (I blame EDS...lol!)
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2006
Posts: 1204
Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds good!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 2634
Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
tam wrote:


Ingredients: Sour Cherry, Sour Cherry Pulp, Honey, Sour Cherry Juice, Bioflavonoids, Natural Moisturizing Factor, Biocomplex (Vitamin A, Ester C, Vitamin E, Coenzyme Q10, Alpha Lipoic Acid), Sour Cherry Extract, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycine Derivative, Xanthan Gum


I have a question: what the heck is "Natural Moisturizing Complex"???

_________________
SKIN: combination, reactive to climate changes and extremely fair. "Women complain about premenstrual syndrome, but I think of it as the only time of the month that I can be myself." --Roseanne
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 May 2006
Posts: 1114
Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:

I have a question: what the heck is "Natural Moisturizing Complex"???


That's a very good question. Confused
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 1977
Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Great review Tam! This sounds so yummy... Drool Drool Drool
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Posts: 360
Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:17 am      Reply with quote
[quote="majorb"]This was hovering very close to my wishlist. It's now been added. Sour cherries, yum![/quote]

Laughing Yes, saw the extended category but they are still missing the Hungarian Herbal Mud treatment!! Very Happy
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 1409
Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Great review! Thanks for posting it. I am going to add this to my cart for next order.
rainbowcheng
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 248
Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
sounds good. Very Happy
christygao
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Nov 2006
Posts: 54
Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
sounds interesting, I don't even have one revitalizing mask.. Embarassed
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 250
Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:04 am      Reply with quote
It sounds tasty!
I am gonna try this line, especially their masks. Ah.... sour cherry....cranberry......tomato.......
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Jul 2003
Posts: 404
Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
haha after hearing so many raves abt Eminence i have been looking at the mask starter kit these few days, can't decide if i should order the mask starter kit (i am a mask lover) or the stone crop starter kit ????
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1075
Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
The Eminence Sour Cherry Masque is described as a revitalizing and toning mask. It smells like cherries and has a gel-like consistency. It's thicker than most gel type masks.

I applied it to freshly cleansed skin. I really like the way it felt on my skin and the scent was yummy, so I left it on for 30 mintues. When I removed it, my skin was nicely hydrated and plumped up. More pores looked smaller, but the best part was the hydration.

The Sour Cherry Masque was a nice addition to my routine. I usually look more at treatment masks, so this one was a treat. I'm still torn as to whether or not I would repurchase; only because I tend to go for more potent masks. That said though, I don't currently have a hydrating mask in my arsenal, so that will push it into the repurchase column. Very Happy

Ingredients: Sour Cherry, Sour Cherry Pulp, Honey, Sour Cherry Juice, Bioflavonoids, Natural Moisturizing Factor, Biocomplex (Vitamin A, Ester C, Vitamin E, Coenzyme Q10, Alpha Lipoic Acid), Sour Cherry Extract, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycine Derivative, Xanthan Gum


Wow. With all the Sour Cherry ingredients plus the Ester C in the Biocomplex, you have some nice antioxidants going there.

_________________
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says, "Oh Crap, She's up!" Unknown
kaykayo
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Nov 2008
Posts: 47
Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Sounds tasty~~

Anyone tried sweet plum? One of my friends said it is amazing.

I'm gonna try this by my next order.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



DeVita Perfecting Time (75 ml / 2.5 oz) BDB Best Sellers Kit (5 items) Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)