Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Detox... I had a wonderful experience, for weight and skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
raindrop921 wrote:
OMG..I order from the same person!! it was for the email???!!
are you serious?!
that is so illegal!

Well, I'm assuming it was for the email since she sent one to me with basic instructions. And the worst part is, it's still very vague. Did you get your email already? It said nothing about her sending the book and given the $0 shipping I assume the email is all we get.

The other problem I have reporting her is that I paid with paypal and she now has my address. Ordinarily that wouldn't be a big deal BUT she lives in the same zip code as me. I even sent her a comment with my payment "Thank you neighbor!". She emailed me back and was really sweet and said how our kids would probably be in the same school (if I had any). Now I'm not sure what to do, but yes this is completely illegal!

Tam-- That is pretty freaky that you live in the same area as her! Shock
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
yes it is very illegal, i don't think it is allowed to sell off something that is part of book ? I truly think that when Ebay knows it will delete this.

And I mean the recipe for the juice isn't so special, and it isn't the most important thing either. The link I gave before tell what you can eat from each category everyday, at least, and with imagination you can make your own dishes. In the book you will get the reason why and recipes for the week to make. The juice is only cranberrywater, orange juice, lemon juice & some herbs !!!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hkyarrington,

Could you please tell me where did you buy "Hydrochloric acid with betaine hydrochloride, pepsin and ox bile extract"? What is the brand name? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thank you.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
@doba

http://www.annlouise.com/ there she sells supplements, I never used that? where do you need it for?
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
@doba

http://www.annlouise.com/ there she sells supplements, I never used that? where do you need it for?

Hkyarrington,
I read it in the article (you posted the link) that during the last tree-day sequel before each meal, you have to take tablets of hydrochloric acid in a formula that contains at least 500 to 540 milligrams of betaine hydrochloride with at least 100 to 150 milligrams of pepsin, and at least 50 milligrams of ox bile extract.
http://www.lifetimefitness.com/magazine/index.cfm?strWebAction=article_detail&intArticleId=370
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
@ doba oh I see she suggests using that in the prequel, but only if you think your stomach acid isn't working properly, it suppose to help you digest better. I do not use this, and think when you eat all the things she suggests you do not really need any extra's but maybe the flaxseed oil and the milled ground flaxseed... those were the things I bought for this detox. I'm so enthousiastic that I did buy on the Ebay the Fat Detox Kit and I'll use that the next time.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
just to explain, I did not had the acid pills or the other things, I only bought at the organic store whey and bought the flaxseed and it worked with me;)
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
raindrop921 wrote:
OMG..I order from the same person!! it was for the email???!!
are you serious?!
that is so illegal!

Well, I'm assuming it was for the email since she sent one to me with basic instructions. And the worst part is, it's still very vague. Did you get your email already? It said nothing about her sending the book and given the $0 shipping I assume the email is all we get.

The other problem I have reporting her is that I paid with paypal and she now has my address. Ordinarily that wouldn't be a big deal BUT she lives in the same zip code as me. I even sent her a comment with my payment "Thank you neighbor!". She emailed me back and was really sweet and said how our kids would probably be in the same school (if I had any). Now I'm not sure what to do, but yes this is completely illegal!

That's a little too close for comfort. Sad

I would still report her to ebay; they don't tell the seller who the complaint came from.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
just to explain, I did not had the acid pills or the other things, I only bought at the organic store whey and bought the flaxseed and it worked with me;)

Hkyarrington,

Did you eat only organic food (eggs, meat, vegetables, fruits, berries)?

Thank you.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
@doba,

I tried to buy some things organic like the fruit. Organice food is extremely expensive, she says if you can do about 50% organic, so thats what I tried. But she also gives in her book a way that you put food in a chlorox bath to clean it, if you would like to know I can let you know how? I haven't tried it myself, but it may be worth doing.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
and i was already buying organic eggs allready:)
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
i dont know how anyone can possibly think of making money this way. Emailing a few passages in a book for 5 bucks?? Doesn't that violate any copyright rules? She shouldn't even be selling them like this. That is just so wrong.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
@doba,

I tried to buy some things organic like the fruit. Organice food is extremely expensive, she says if you can do about 50% organic, so thats what I tried. But she also gives in her book a way that you put food in a chlorox bath to clean it, if you would like to know I can let you know how? I haven't tried it myself, but it may be worth doing.

Hkyarrington,

I would like to know how to clean the food in a chlorox bath.

Thank you for all your help.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
@ doba:
use only the brand name Clorox. Use 1 tsp to 1 gallon of water (if you can only find Clorox Ultra cut the amout to 1/2 tsp). Place the foods to be treated into the bath for the following times:
leafy vegetables 15 minutes
Root, thick-skinned or fibrous vegetable: 30
Fruits: 30
Poultry, fish, meat and eggs: 20

do not put ground meat in the bath, but frozen meat can be thawed in the bath. Remove the foods from the bath, place them in clear water for 10 minutes and rinse. Dry foods thoroughly and store.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
@ doba:
use only the brand name Clorox. Use 1 tsp to 1 gallon of water (if you can only find Clorox Ultra cut the amout to 1/2 tsp). Place the foods to be treated into the bath for the following times:
leafy vegetables 15 minutes
Root, thick-skinned or fibrous vegetable: 30
Fruits: 30
Poultry, fish, meat and eggs: 20

do not put ground meat in the bath, but frozen meat can be thawed in the bath. Remove the foods from the bath, place them in clear water for 10 minutes and rinse. Dry foods thoroughly and store.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much!
Do you have any other tips?
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Well I could give an example of a day of the prequel

in the morning I would make a smoothie (cranberry water with a scoop of whey and frozen berrie + stevia) and a litte ginger.

for lunch 1 scrambled eggs, herbed with cumin and ginger + little pieces of broiled chicken (3/4 oz)

Dinner: asparagus soup, 4 oz beef marinated in mustart and garlic. Steamed vegetables mixture of broccoli, cauliflower.

snacks: 1 boiled egg, cup of vegetables with water crest and some sprouts and an apple or orange
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much. It is very helpful.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
to make asparagus soup:

blanche the asparagus for about 1 minute.

then 1/3 cup of vegetable broth, the asparagus and onions, in a pan until onions are translucent, put the mixture plys a cup of vegetable brothe in a blender and blend. You could add a shredded skin of a lemon, and some mustart if you like.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
to make asparagus soup:

blanche the asparagus for about 1 minute.

then 1/3 cup of vegetable broth, the asparagus and onions, in a pan until onions are translucent, put the mixture plys a cup of vegetable brothe in a blender and blend. You could add a shredded skin of a lemon, and some mustart if you like.

Thank you very very much. I plan to start the plan on Monday, however, I don't have the book. I hope to get it tommorow. Do you think that I can start this plan without reading the book (in case I am not going to find it)?

Thanks again.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
EBay buyers -- please DO report this person. As an eBay seller, this offends me, this misleading auction. At the very least, eBay will require her to change the language of the listing to make it clearer.

I'd also send her an email -- as a neighbor -- and say you feel the auction was misleading and not right. And ask for your money back. The "neighbor" thing works both ways. She knows she is doing wrong, believe me.

You don't know her address, but you have her guilty conscience on your side. Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
EBay buyers -- please DO report this person. As an eBay seller, this offends me, this misleading auction. At the very least, eBay will require her to change the language of the listing to make it clearer.

I'd also send her an email -- as a neighbor -- and say you feel the auction was misleading and not right. And ask for your money back. The "neighbor" thing works both ways. She knows she is doing wrong, believe me.

You don't know her address, but you have her guilty conscience on your side. Surprised

I was able to look at the ad last night and it was not misleading at all. The problem for me was that I did a search and when the list pulled up and I saw the pic of the book listed for $5, I just went straight to the "buy in now" button. Therefore, the full ad never got pulled up. That's completely my fault but I still can't believe that she's getting away with this. However, she does state in the ad that it's for the recipe only and that it can be found on other sites which she lists in her email.

The funny thing is, she has 100% positive feedback and one even posted something like "got the email with the recipe, thanks!". So weird. I did ask her for a refund of half since there's no way I would have ordered 2 had I known I was just getting an email. She quickly refunded it so now I'm just out $5 which I could care less about.

I do still think it's illegal to be making money off of another person's book so I will plan to report it this weekend.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Welll it is misleading, she should not put the picture of the book up, because she is not selling that book. Furthermore she is selling the miracle juice which is not HERS? it is from a book, isn't that copyright fraud? in any event I think, as a frequent Ebay buyer I will report it, it's not fair. I think by accident a lot of people do it. I also see more people bought 'the recipe' but did not leave feedback.

For dobo, the list of all the vegatables is mentioned in the link I gave before, remember to eat at least one of the categories, + 2 times around 4 oz lean meat, skinless chicken, fish or turkey, an orange of half a juice of the lemon, drink your bodyweight in ounces of water...
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Thank you!
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Just poking my head back in to politely point out: I believe khyarrington meant drink HALF your body weight in oz of water. Let's don't get carried away, here... Surprised

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |