Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Decleor Hydra-Floral Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:30 am      Reply with quote
I recieved this cream as a gift with purchase and upon opening the creme and trying it once thought it woukd be way too heavy for my skin.

My skin is rather difficult to please am still not sure of my skintype due to this..but apparently it is oily but dehydrated. I am quite prone to a spot or two at a time aswell.

Upon my regular moisturiser running out I began using this and my skin after two weeks has never looked better. It is no longer very dry and spots are non-exsistent.

Just wondering if anyone could enlighten me on this creams properties and why such a heavy cream could be improving my skin?

Natasha
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Decleor Hydra Floral
Decleor Hydra Floral "Flower Nectar" Moisturizing Cream - Tube (1.35oz/40ml)

A new-generation moisturiser. It features the "drip-feed" hydrating system, reinforced by the technology of aquaporins, true "water channels" combined with an anti-pollution plant active ingredient.

Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mailnat,

I use this as my daily moisturiser and I too am prone to spots if my skin hates something. The formulation in Decleor is plant based natural extracts so it is creamy without being chock full of silicones or oil. I have been loving it through the winter and I am waiting to see myself if in the summer months it might be too rich. I used the Matte skin finish fluid as well which was lighter but my skin did not seem to like that as much as the Hydrafloral.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:51 am      Reply with quote
This sounds really nice... Surprised
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
is it decleor line for age 20-30 ?
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 21yo and finding it great on my skin
RubyWong
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of the Hydra Floral Cream with my purchase of the Ylang Ylang Oil. I was wondering what it is good for and what skin type it is suitable for? Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried the Hydra Floral Emulsion adn I really liked it. I do think that the products contain dimethicone (a derivative of silicone) but so far my skin hasn't reacted. 10 years ago I really disliked the heavy smell bu now I find the scnet pleasant. I'm in my early 30s.
kellyks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend the best daily mosturizer in this line for late 30's skin that is sensitive and needs a good amount of moisture. I tried a sample of the harmonie gentle soothing cream but it was not enough moisture. Is the hydra floral heavier?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
kellyks wrote:
Can anyone recommend the best daily mosturizer in this line for late 30's skin that is sensitive and needs a good amount of moisture. I tried a sample of the harmonie gentle soothing cream but it was not enough moisture. Is the hydra floral heavier?

Although I don't have sensitive skin, I do have very dry skin and am 40 years old. I absolutely swear by Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense Cream. It's beautifully moisturising, adds a little firmness and isn't expensive: http://shop.nealsyardremedies.com/index.html?pageTitle=Frankincense_Nourishing_Cream_100g&pageDesc=The_results_from_this_bestselling_cream_boosted_with_antiageing_frankincense_keeps_satisfied_custome&action=detail&maincatID=0&catID=&prodID=52&brandID=
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
The hydra-floral is very light, I think the Harmonie is actually more hydrating. You may want to try the Nutri-Delice - I use it when flying and it's fab for dealing with dehydration.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I found Hydra-Floral Cream is too rich for my combo skin. It isn't that bad in the winter though. Just can't really use it in the summer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Decleor has two consistencies in Hydra floral. One a cream and one an emulsion. If your skin needs much moisture, then, cream is better. If it does not need too much moisture, then emulsion is fine.
It is for normal skin. For combination skin, I would suggest you can layer it with the ylang-ylang oil and then either the hydra floral emulsion or the matt finish fluid (in the summer).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like something worth trying. I like Decleor products. But there are just too many things to use for one face Very Happy
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
True. Having said that, since I have tried Decleor and their recommended duo concept, my skin has improved by far.
If you would like to keep it to the minimum, I would suggest try the essential oil (for the morning -neroli) and essential balm for night.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm starting to like Decleor too and wondering if the line has an antioxidant product.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:33 am      Reply with quote
The Decleor Hydra Floral range is my fav Smile, I have tried everything & I love all the moisturisers, masks, eye creams/gels and the eye-lip mask! Very Happy I really like the smell of all the products too...very calming!
tracy1970
5% products discount

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Liza

I think the main antioxidant product in the Decleor range is the 10 day vitamin C booster.

I always thought that essential oils were packed with antioxidants. Does anyone know any different?

Tracy
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:09 am      Reply with quote
I have dry skin, and bought a full-size jar of the new, reformulated Hydra Floral Cream last summer (my skin is more normal in the summer). My skin didn't like it at all! After a few days, my skin felt tight, yet it was very shiny, and I also developed some pimples, which disappeared once I stopped using the Hydra Floral. Maybe it contained some ingredient that I'm allergic to, I don't know.

I gave it to my boyfriend, who has dry, rough skin, and he's very happy with the results.

Personally, I prefer the Nutri-délice range of moisturizers over this one.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I got 2 samples, one for Hydra Floral cream and the other for Nutri-délice. I have been using one on the left side of face, and the other on the right.

About 1/2 hour after putting them on, I noticed that the Hydra floral seemed to not be sinking into my skin and felt a bit tacky. the Nitri left my skin smooth and sank in and felt really good. I have done this for 3 nights.

I'm in my 50's and have read that Nutri is for very dry aging skin, which is me!

I will now use up the samples, but not do the 1/2 and 1/2. I'm leaning more towards Nutri Delice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a sample having heard great things about this and I was not disappointed. I think this will probably be too rich in the summer for my combo skin and then I will need the emulsion. But for right now in the winter its awesome. It is definitely keeping my skin moisturized and it really sinks in well. I am very happy with my first decleor try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I just use these sample from EDS emulsion , Hydra Floral Cream, and the essential oil(not sure what it is though!). I applied all three of them on my face and it's so wonderful. My skin is not drying and I felt more energizing somehow. Love it!
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
So apparently while my skin initially loved this cream, its too rich even for winter because my skin in now breaking out. I am going to try the emulsion as it is lighter and see if it works because I really love the concept of this cream and its "drip system".

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
My mom likes this cream too. It has a lovely scent and is very moisturizing.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I had used up my skincare and want to transfer my skincare brand to decleor!
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Since everyone said it's a light cream, I still found it too rich for my combo skin, although it didn't cause any spots anyway.

I live in the south part of UK where it rains a lot. I feel like my skin couldn't really breath under the cream. Might be alright for someone who's got combo skin but live in a relatively dry place.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |