Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Gehwol Foot Balm - dry & rough skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Good morning/afternoon/evening everybody *waves*

I got my EDS parcel last night packed full of new goodies for me to try Cool EDS has become my favourite place to shop and it shows in my bathroom as my whole routine gets replaced by products stocked by EDS Very Happy There's very few Chanels, Lancomes and Cliniques remaining in my skin care stash Smile

I got a sample of the Gehwol Foot Balm (for dry & rough skin; from their Blue line) and I have to say that it's great! I am very loyal to my Burts Bees Coconut Foot Cream but those of you who have used it know well that it's a "night-time with socks on" affair. I used the Gehwol balm last night, this morning and again tonight. It's leaving my footsies nice and smooth, feeling fresh, moisturised and smelling great (menthol, lavender and rosemary oils). It's not greasy or sticky at all. I will definitely be getting this with my next order.

If you're reading this review I take it that you're after a good foot cream, or alternatively you're bored :P If it's the former then I highly recommend that you try the Gehwol Foot Balm. If it's the latter, hmmm, well my recommendation still stands (I should have really thought this through shouldn't I? Smile).

I've actually had a look on EDS and they don't seem to have this listed with the Gehwol products. Mind you on the sample it says "NEW" so hopefully they will be stocking it soon.

Hope everybody's well.

Thanks for reading,
Mabsy.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Gehwol Leg Balm (125 ml)
Gehwol Leg Balm (125 ml)

Soothing, gentle herbal balm for legs and feet. Gehwol Leg Balm makes skin beautiful, smooth and supple. A gentle massage with this creamy herbal balm tones, stimulates and instantly gives a pleasant feeling of freshness.

chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy!

So how does the foot balm feel when you apply it? It seems to have mint in it so I was wondering if you got a tingly feeling or if it's a very light feeling? It's always difficult to get a "tingly" feeling on the feet since the nerves seem less sensitive than, say, your head (ie: think Nioxin Scalp Therapy and how it likely wouldn't feel the same if applied to your feet).

Sounds like EDS has made another good move by sending you that sample! I'm still waiting for my Yonka package to do my reviews . . . I'm getting anxious and impatient (in a good way, I think) -- I'm also looking forward to the samples . . . . . . . . . !!!!!!!!!

Lisa
Mabsy

Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Lisa,

It doesn't feel tingly, just really fresh. I once had a foot spray that made my feet feel REALLY minty and tingly. It was a good feeling at first but it lasted a while and became quite distracting to be honest Smile It just felt weird after a while, especially while you were walking and with every step you took you were aware that your feet were minty LOL

But I really like the Gehwol Balm. I'll wait until they update their Gehwol page and place my order then.

Looking forward to your reviews. The Yonka Gel Nettoyant came on Monday night. It's lovely! Feels so fresh! I'll use it for a week longer and see how it removes makeup etc and then will post a review. Also got a sample of the cleansing cream to check out the 'mintyness' Smile

Mabsy.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy and Chunlisa!

I'm waiting for my EDS parcel, too! I'm so excited not only to get my goodies but also in guessing what samples Magda is going to send to me!:P

Although it's fall now in Vancouver, time for leather boots, I still love to have soft, rosy heels and smooth feet, always ready for... strappy sandals or bare feet...just in case...a last-minute invitation to a tropical resort vacation is coming my way...:P:P:P. (Little hint: my cutie wants me to go to Mexico to visit his parents, so girl friends, if I agree to go, he'll think I'm serious, too, but to be in Mexico in Christmas, how could you say no !)

Thanks for the foot cream review, Mabsy. And your reviews, too, Chunlisa. They are always sensational!:P:P:P
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:24 am      Reply with quote
My mom odered 10 Gehwoh leg Balm for her new staffs as a "thank you gift" for their hard work in helping her preparing for the opening of a new store...on my recommendation Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Of course I also got one. Love it so much and have been using it every night.One more wish: to have someone give me a foot massage in a cold night after a long hard day at work Wink
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:04 am      Reply with quote
The Gehwol foot soaks are really nice too!! I put them in my foot spa and soak til the water is cold and my feet look like prunes!
Mabsy

Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:27 am      Reply with quote
I got the Gehwol Leg Vitality Cream as a GWP (you can get it free with a Dr Hauschka order at the moment) with my last order (thank you EDS ) and I really like it as well. I really like Gehwol in general actually, everything I have tried so far has been really good. I'd love to try the Gehwol Leg Balm - it's supposed to help (among other things) fade broken capillaries. Not sure if it works though.
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Gehwol products for my feet before and found them too greasy..
I think you would need to put socks on before you go to bed to not stain the bed sheets?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
clin1202,

I have to admit, the balm for cracked feet is very greasy...I do wear socks when I use that one.
Mabsy

Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've got the Gehwol Refreshing Balm and don't find this one to be greasy at all. Very light and refreshing IMO. It would probably (and hopefully) depend on which balm you get and what they are for.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I got the Gehwol Leg Vitality Cream as a GWP (you can get it free with a Dr Hauschka order at the moment) with my last order (thank you EDS )

I got the same thing with my Dr. Hauschka purchase, thanks Magda and EDS !! I love it, not greasy at all. I would never have thought to buy any Gehwol purchases before, but that gift has made me want to try more Gehwol products. I also want to try the Gehwol leg balm.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |