Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Decleor Lip Balm. YUM YUM YUM!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:30 am      Reply with quote
This is one of my latest lip balm acquisitions, not that I needed another lip balm. I'm pretty much stocked up for life on the lip balm front I think Smile

I bought it after reading a review of it here. Really I was sold because someone reported getting a 'cooling' feeling out of this and I'm up for anything minty/tingly!

I myself didn't get a cooling feeling out of this but I adore this lip balm nonetheless. Here's why:

1. It has a wonderful scent (I detect vanilla and cinnamon, though I'm pretty sure cinnamon is not in it Smile)
2. It lasts a long time on and moisturises well.
3. Leaves your lips nice and shiny.

I'm still under the impression that this makes my lips look 'fuller'. I'm sure it's just little old delusional me, but they DO seem to look bigger (though I should probably ask for a second opinion instead of making kissy faces at the mirror Smile). I actually went out with no lippy and just this balm on tonight and liked what I saw (well not JUST this balm, otherwise they would have locked me up and I wouldn't be writting this :P).

I think it's a little too oily to go under lipsticks so I will continue to use Burts Bees as my lipstick base though.

Mabsy.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
A girl never has enough lip balm or lip gloss. To me, lip balm is my first introduction to ...beauty products ( from Mom, of course). I stock on lip balm every time I go shopping because I must have them with me anywhere I go and leave behind ( in my friends bathroom) quite a few of them, too. So, add this one to my 'must try as Mabsy said so' list! Thanks, Mabsy!:P:P:P
Mabsy

Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Leila,

Do try this one day, I'd love to hear what you think of it. At the moment I can't get enough of it. I LOVE the smell.

LOL, I'm like you and have lip balm EVERYWHERE. A few at work, two in the car (a girl's gotta have choice!), three in my bedroom and also my bathroom at the moment and a few lying around the house. I keep saying 'no more' but then I read reviews... one thing leads to another.... and voila! another lip balm appears Very Happy

Mabsy.
Soki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:34 am      Reply with quote
i for one am OK with the lip balm. It feels great BUT somehow my lips still continue to peel. Sad
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Hello Soki,

It's so good to hear from you again. Where have you been? WinkWinkWink

I have a little trick for you to help get rid of peeled lips. I have very big lips ( not like Angelina Jolie's, in my dream:P) so I have to take good care of them, ortherwise no boy will want to kiss me. 'Cuz lips need exfoliation, too, after brushing my teeth I always brush my lips, then put on a good lip balm right away. I always put lip balm also before putting on lipstick, it acts like a shield to protect my lips. And I never ( NEVER EVER ) use those long lasting lipstick or lip stain that dry up your lips. My favorite lipstick is from Jane Iredale. Hope this help, Soki!Very Happy
Soki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hello leilladao, yes i' m back but i see you are still going strong.... i was bogged down with work !
anyway, thanks for the tip. I shall try it tonight itself and will give u my feedback in a months time.
Of late i have spend a lot of money on products but i stll have this breakout on my skin and so far i have not found THE aesthetician so its also been kinda fustrating. And that means stress and more outbreak i guess. But for the time being i'm still using Decleor and Dermalogica. Cant just throw them away Wink
Anyway, i read your review on Valmount's face renew pack and i'd like to try that next. - i thought it was for more mature skin.
So see your around !!!
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Soki, about the Valmont line, that was what I thought too, for more mature skin, but after trying the Valmont Renewing Pack ( a special mask) I really like it. As you may experience it already, while trying to deal with our 'breaks out', many times we forgot to give our skin some special 'treatment', some delicious nutrition to cheer it up so it would behave better and I think this Valmont is the one. And it is a special mask, use it once a week will be just enough IMHO.

I am using Dermalogica, too. I have Daily Microfoliant, Soothing Booster and Multivitamin Power Mask and actually these three really helped me to get over a very bad break out I got after this summer camping trip ( no shower, lots of mosquitoes bites and swimmer itch from lake dippings for five days Sad)

Also, I am using MD Formulations Vit-A Clearing Complex for my T-zone and it really works for me. Actually, the night before last I used it on my two new zits and now they are gone, you can really see they are getting dried up into small tiny teenee white grains that you can brush off with your ...finger nails ( I know it's not a good thing to do: pick your skin!, but there's no problem after this ).

Glad to see you back, Soki, don't give up your skin, keep searching for a perfect treatment, you'll find it :P:P:P
Soki
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:35 am      Reply with quote
leiladao wrote:
Soki, don't give up your skin, keep searching for a perfect treatment, you'll find it

well i hope i find it soon enough ..Smile

Just wanted to let you know that i tried the tooth brush thing on my lips this morning and then used the balm and lipstick vice versa and surprisingly no more peeling. I'm DAMN surprised trust me...its only day one but lets see if this thing really works this week.
THANKs for the wonderful tip. Even lips need stimulation and exfoilationg..Very Happy
dagny
5% products discount

Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Could someone please tell me the ingredients in this balm? (or is it located somewhere on line?) I LOVE lipbalm, but I often have problems finding one that is not made with mineral oil or other petroleum products.

I am currently using Dr. Hauschka's --- I really like it alot, but the rose scent is getting on my nerves. I loved Caudalie's but it has mineral oil in it, I love Nuxe but the pot is not very hygenic.

The vanilla flavor for Decleor sounds yummy!!

Dagny
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Dagny, I don't know the ingredients but you can call EDS and they can locate it and read it to you or scan the box and e-mail it to you. I am vegan so everytime I place an order I ask them to read me the ingredients and they are so helpful and nice about it. It has never been a problem. Wink
Mabsy

Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Dagny,

In order of apperance on the box:

hazel seed oil, beeswax, shea butter, macadamia seed oil, rice bran oil, carnauba wax, lemon peel oil, bitter orange oil, spent grain wax, vanilla fruit extract, dipteryx odorata seed extract, cinnamomum zeylanicum bark oil and tocopherol.

HTH

Mabsy.

ps. And there you go... I didn't think cinnamon was in it yet "cinnamomum zeylanicum bark oil" sounds familiar :P
dagny
5% products discount

Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy and thoughtcrime -- thanks so much! The ingredients look great! This will definately be on my "to buy" list! Do you two use Decleor products alot? After getting a great reply from EDS regarding my funky skin, they agreed that Decleor products would probably be the best for me. Just wondering if you have had any other products you love. I will also have to check old reviews/posts.

Dagny
Mabsy

Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Dagny,

I have a few items from Decleor that I see myself repurchasing after I use them up. Firstly, the Cleansing Oil is great and removes eye makeup/face makeup really effectively and leaves your skin soft and not stripped of moisture. It also doesn't sting if you get it in your eyes.

I also love the Essential Balm (great for keeping blackheads at bay) and I use this a few times a week. You only need a tiny *tiny* amount so the 30mL jar will last absolute AGES! The Aromessence Angelique is also lovely (love the smell!). It's for dry skin but I use a tiny bit every few days and love it! The Neroli oil is also very nice and gives a rosy glow. I've also tried the Phytopeel exfoliating mask which was pretty good. The only thing I didn't like was their Hydra Floral Gentle Hydrating Mask but that was mainly because I didn't like the smell (other people on this forum have had good experiences with it).

Mabsy.
Soki
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:32 am      Reply with quote
dagny, do remember that this lip balm also comes in a pot. So you have to keep dipping your fingers into it to apply. One has to make sure your fingers are clean every time you want to dab some on your lips.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Dagny, I used to use the Decleor line solely, but I have branched out into using a cocktail of different products. I like to use different products from Decleor, Sothys, Dermalogica, and recently am liking Yonka (you may like this too as it is kind of similar to Decleor). Currently I am using Decleor Harmony Essentielle moisturizer which I have used off and for a couple of years. It is very soothing, calming and smells nice. I have combination skin that is reactive. I also like the phytopeel exfoliating mask but I didn't use it the way the directions stated-- I always washed it off like a mask. Still worked great though. I also like the decleor refreshing leg gel which I think has been discontinued. This is a great line although I never did get into the aromatherapy oils that you're supposed to put under your moisturizer and don't really care for their eye creams/gels.
laylastam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
i love lip balm! its my favourite item in my bad. i have them all over the house as well. so much so, people ask me why i have so many.

this is a little more $%$$$ than my chapstick....hmmmmm
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yep I agree this is awesome, although I dont have any in the house at the moment. Will be ordering some again soon.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Comparing with Dr. Hauschka lip stick, which one is better?
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Ive tried both and think Decleor and far better
HTHS
Ciboulette
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I've tried both and prefer Dr.H.
Better a stick, more hygienic.
imaiyuan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor products are some of the best on the market,and I have tried them all. excellent product, does what it promises to . Pretty good size.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite lip balm is Moiststic,
I used to buy it at a health food store and it moisturized so well!

Also felt minty due to the tea tree oil and mint
The only thing they can improve is add an Spf
itis always sold out where I buy it so have not been ableto get any lately Sad

I also like Rachel perry mint lip balm, but kinda hate that it is in a jar.

http://www.moiststic.com/index2.html

I have too much lip balm, so can not buy any for 4 more months Laughing
rhea
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I use Decleor products for two years, but have not used this lip cream, I decided immediately to buy. I need a soft lips. Thank you Very Happy
thethe
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:18 am      Reply with quote
My favorite lipstick is by terry baume de rose ip/spf15, I think it is called all-powerful, moisturizing, lip dilute, dilute lip wrinkles. Is the best lipstick I've used, but with spf15, can not be used at night, this is a regrettable
If you can, I suggest that you use to see, I think it will not let you down
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |