Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Carekate’s No More “Chicken Skin” KP Treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I received this as a sample from Carekate. This had me cracking up since “chicken skin” in Hawai’i refers to ‘goosebumps’.

Anyway, I don’t have KP so I was at a loss of what to do with this. I did have some bumps on my temples (product irritation) so I figured why the hell not?

Oh my gosh … this stuff feels so silky going on I really thought it would make my skin break out.

The next day my bumps were gone! So, uh, I don’t have KP but this is a wonderful product for reducing skin irritation, period.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
What is KP?
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
keratosis pilaris. Rough dry bumps. Can be anywhere but usually on arms and legs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez, first of all, where in the world have you gone hiding? LOL I have really missed you a lot, girl. So glad to see you back.

OMG, this sounds great. I get these chicken skin on my legs all the time. I need it so bad.

Thank you for your review.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
By the way, Rjez, in case you didn't know who bkkgirl is, it's me...Cherisse!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Rjez, first of all, where in the world have you gone hiding? LOL I have really missed you a lot, girl. So glad to see you back.

OMG, this sounds great. I get these chicken skin on my legs all the time. I need it so bad.

Thank you for your review.

I'm wondering the same too! Rjez, how are your bootiful lashes doing? Are you still using CKLL? Smile
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rjez,

I wonder if i have KP. I have bumps on my arms and when i squeeze them, little cysts come out. Not sure if that is KP but if Carrie's product can make them disappear, i am all in. I am currently treating them with DHC's body lotion called AHA body silker but want better results.

Thanks for the review!

Kristen~

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - been uber-busy at work with a relaunch of a new product.

Cherisse - shoot me an email to my home addy.

Lisey - I just posted something on 'For those of you using CareKate's Lush ....' on DIY. I skipped using and now I have a bald spot.

Kristen - I'm not really sure what KP looks like. In all honestly, I get it confused with rosacea. I'm also not really sure why it works - it felt really creamy going on. Probably best to ask Carekate. All I know is, it made my irritation bumps go away (and I'd had them for a few days so it wasn't going away soon)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rjez. I might do a little googling then. I coulda sworn I knew the answer a couple months ago!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi everybody, yes, this is for keratosis pilaris. Usually they are small rough bumps that appear on the upper arms or thighs. The idea was to generate a similar formula as Dermadoctor "KP Duty", wich contains a mix of AHAs and urea (for moisturizing very dry skin). I've tried CK's version and found it to be very moisturizing. It didn'totally cure my keratosis pilaris but I believe that with some slight tweaking, this version should be there. KP duty tingles when you put it on; CKs doesn't. I don't know if this is the difference but I thought that it might have to do with pH. CK's version is a TON more moisturizing than KP Duty. I'd definitely recommend this as a good body moisturizer. One thing I am not wild about though about this product is the scent - I like clean fresh scents (or rose!) and this one is too floral/powdery for me - but something very easily fixable by our goddess, Carekate.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know the ingredients for this? I just hope it doesn't have anything like emu oil in it.. because I do have eczema and this sounds like it would help..
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
Does anyone know the ingredients for this? I just hope it doesn't have anything like emu oil in it.. because I do have eczema and this sounds like it would help..

i believe that the only product she ever used emu in was for a bruise cream that she made for me and my my bum arm. otherwise, she keeps pretty much vegan....
GetMyYouthBack
5% products discount

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I received this as a sample from Carekate. This had me cracking up since “chicken skin” in Hawai’i refers to ‘goosebumps’.

Anyway, I don’t have KP so I was at a loss of what to do with this. I did have some bumps on my temples (product irritation) so I figured why the hell not?

Oh my gosh … this stuff feels so silky going on I really thought it would make my skin break out.

The next day my bumps were gone! So, uh, I don’t have KP but this is a wonderful product for reducing skin irritation, period.

How do I find the link to purchase this product? I did searches on carekate and keratosis, and this thread is the only one I pull up for some reason. Just tonight, I was giving my 13 y/o son a facial, because his cheeks have been dryish and red, and tiny bumps that dont develop into anything and dont seem to go away either. I am sure that this is what he has...
I would love to try carekates product, if i can figure out how to buy it.
thanks!

44, 1/2 okinawan, 1/2 heinz 57 - dry skin, kind of dull in color, TOO MANY wrinkles under eyes when I smile...and puffiness or lumpy fat pads under eyes, looking for the magic pill to get my youth back
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
Lisey wrote:

i believe that the only product she ever used emu in was for a bruise cream that she made for me and my my bum arm. otherwise, she keeps pretty much vegan....
La Vie is correct: only my "Bruise Balm" contains emu oil, I've stopped using it in all of my other recipes because others have reported having "issues" with it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:

Lisey, I am constantly on the lookout for all-natural creams/oils that can be used for my baby's eczema. For future reference for myself, does emu oil make the eczema worse?
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Getmyyouthback
Send Carekate or MermaidGirl a PM. I really have been offline for a while and I don't know if Carekate's hotmail account is working.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |