Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dr Renaud Multi-Active Eye Contour Tensor
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:56 am      Reply with quote
I have not been able to find a great deal of discussion on the Dr Renaud line on the forum but I feel it is a line that may be greatly underestimated in its abilities. Although this is the first product that I have tried, I was sufficiently impressed with the product to write a positive review.
This eye product is a light cream but does have a lot of body to it. It goes on very smooth but sinks in quite fast. After application, the area around the eye looks very light and bright in colour. The product does state it can be used for dark circles and although I don’t have dark circles, I think it would probably disguise the circles very well. I also believe it would greatly assist with puffy eyes and bags because after application, the eye area feels considerably firmer and smooth.
The product information states it can be used as a makeup base for daytime application and an additional moisturiser can be applied over the top for night time use. I don’t use anything over it at night as I like the matt feel but for those who really like a lot of moisture, this eye cream may not be a favourite and would need moisture over the top. The product seems to be more of a treatment rather than a moisturiser.
I have only used the product for 2 weeks, so can’t report on any long term benefits but so far, I am very happy with the product (as a less expensive alternative between orders of Valmont L Elixir). I am not sure how long the container will last but I will continue to use it until it is used up and will update the review again.
The main ingredients are B-glucans, Elastin Peptides, Decongestive Vegetal Complex, Lipo-reducing Complex and Fucogel 1000.

I can't do a partial star but give it 3 and 3/4 out of 5.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I've been wondering about this product myself. Do you use it on your lid also? I really need a good eye product, but can't afford the Valmont. TIA!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:49 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
I've been wondering about this product myself. Do you use it on your lid also? I really need a good eye product, but can't afford the Valmont. TIA!

I don't use any eye products on my lids but the directions say it can be used by sensitive skin and to pat it all around the eyes. I do apply it all around my eyes but just not on the actual lid.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
It seems to make the dry eyes hydrate.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
MMMMMMMMMMM! Beta-glucans! Good!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think there isn't much 'talk" on the forum, because people just aren't purcahasing it?? I found that when the price wasn't posted, I was a little too lazy to call, so I chose another eyecream. I think that is a bit of a marketing weakness (not posting prices), but that may be a condition of the supplier. Any idea of the price?
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
These prices are listed on EDS -

Laboratoire Dr Renaud Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz.) $28.11 USD

Laboratoire Dr Renaud Multi-Active Eye Contour Tensor (15 ml / 0.5 oz.) $28.11 USD
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Many thanks for the prices YOGI! They are less than I expected, so the eye cream will go on my next order! Cool
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
luvyourskin wrote:
Do you think there isn't much 'talk" on the forum, because people just aren't purcahasing it?? I found that when the price wasn't posted, I was a little too lazy to call, so I chose another eyecream. I think that is a bit of a marketing weakness (not posting prices), but that may be a condition of the supplier. Any idea of the price?

If you are logged into your EDS account (not the forum but the EDS store) then you can see the prices for all these products.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I need a new eye product, and I can't decide between Dr Renaud and Cellular Skin RX. Decisions, decisions......
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 4:02 am      Reply with quote
I've used this for about a week now. I am on the fence whether I like this eye cream.

When you first put it on, you feel an instant tightening in the eye area and one of my fine lines do look a bit more faint.

However, I do feel that the tensor might not be hydrating enough. When I got home from work, my undereye area looked crepey and de-hydrated. The line that was fainter in the morning was no more, it might be even more pronounced. This might be because of the drying effect of the sunscreen and the Jurlique silk dust I have been using.

I think it helps with in de-puffing the under eye area. I deliberately used two separate eye creams for my eyes, one was the tensor and the other eye another eye cream. It appeared that my right eye was less puffy (ie the one with the tensor) but I cannot be sure if this is correct as I did not check whether both eyes were as puffy before I started. I am going to do another experiment in the next few days. I will try to check which eye is more puffy and then use the tensor on it.

It is getting quite dry and cool in Sydney at the moment so this may also have an effect on whether this cream is hydrating enough.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm planning to get this for my boyfriend, but he doesn't have time to apply it in the morning as he's always late for work. On EDS, it says to use it in the morning, but do you think he can use it in the evening instead? TIA! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 2:47 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
I'm planning to get this for my boyfriend, but he doesn't have time to apply it in the morning as he's always late for work. On EDS, it says to use it in the morning, but do you think he can use it in the evening instead? TIA! Smile

I used it both morning and night. Just remember that it is not a moisturiser and I liked the matt effect so keep that in mind. It should not matter whether he uses it morning, night or both. It really does not take long to apply as it sinks in very fast.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 3:25 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

I used it both morning and night. Just remember that it is not a moisturiser and I liked the matt effect so keep that in mind. It should not matter whether he uses it morning, night or both. It really does not take long to apply as it sinks in very fast.

bushy,

Thank you. Smile It does sound like a perfect eye cream for him. He has oily skin and most eye creams I've bought for him don't seem to sink in completely or take a long time to. According to Ninetynine, the tightening/firming effect seems to only be temporary. Is it also the case with you? My boyfriend has some fine lines and dark circles and I wonder if this cream only provides a temporary effect or also a cumulative result as well. Would you repurchase this? I know Valmont's eye cream is your most favorite eye cream, but how does this one rank on your favorite eye cream list?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 5:32 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
bushy wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

bushy,

Thank you. Smile It does sound like a perfect eye cream for him. He has oily skin and most eye creams I've bought for him don't seem to sink in completely or take a long time to. According to Ninetynine, the tightening/firming effect seems to only be temporary. Is it also the case with you? My boyfriend has some fine lines and dark circles and I wonder if this cream only provides a temporary effect or also a cumulative result as well. Would you repurchase this? I know Valmont's eye cream is your most favorite eye cream, but how does this one rank on your favorite eye cream list?

I can't say definitively that the effect is temporary as I have only used the tensor for a short period of time. I will save this cream for use in summer when I don't need anything that moisturising. The cold and dry weather is really affecting my skin now. I used to have oily skin but I think using Vit C, DMAE and retinol has made my skin dehydrated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I have tried samples of various products from this line and really liked a few of them, but the website was so hard to navigate that I gave up. Their Throat Cream is very nice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
mom2tommax wrote:
I have tried samples of various products from this line and really liked a few of them, but the website was so hard to navigate that I gave up. Their Throat Cream is very nice.

Can you recommend some products from this line?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
bushy wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

bushy,

I can't say definitively that the effect is temporary as I have only used the tensor for a short period of time. I will save this cream for use in summer when I don't need anything that moisturising. The cold and dry weather is really affecting my skin now. I used to have oily skin but I think using Vit C, DMAE and retinol has made my skin dehydrated.

Thanks! I think I'll get him this eye cream when he's done with his current eye cream. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy, I tend to believe the effects were cumulative. It certainly felt like there was some instant firming and this has stayed over several weeks. I would prefer to use L Elixir all the time but to give the credit card a break, I alternate a few times with something else. There are still a couple of other eye products that I would like to try but unless they are very good, I would repurchase the Dr Renaud.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
andaman_gypsy, I tend to believe the effects were cumulative. It certainly felt like there was some instant firming and this has stayed over several weeks. I would prefer to use L Elixir all the time but to give the credit card a break, I alternate a few times with something else. There are still a couple of other eye products that I would like to try but unless they are very good, I would repurchase the Dr Renaud.

Thank you bushy Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |