Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How high maintenance are you???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I confess to an * spam alert * to botox even though it doesnt last long. I also do rediesse injections once a year in my nasal lines.Spend several hundred dollars pr month on top skincare lines. Gym membership...I dye my own hair because I have to touch it up once a week. I dont do nails because I work with my hands and they would get in the way if I had long nails. I have started IPL treatments,dont know if I would continue...did yag laser, electrolysis,I also bought porcelain veneers for my teeth 16,000(but makes a big difference) Plastic surgery as needed; new rack, eyes done, new chin, mini facelift but very naturally done so most people just think I lost weight or went on vacation.Cost:26,000! Laughing Laughing
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! That blew me away. Okay lucyluc, you beat us all. I've never thought I would get a face lift and hope not to because I'm afraid of surgery. Having nice teeth does make a huge difference. Now you can smile all the time and it won't matter if you got smile wrinkles because I'm sure your smile is beautiful!

As for the hair removal. I'm still not sure what I should do. I've always left it alone because nobody notice them except myself.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
electrolysis is the only permanent hair removal system that has stood the test of time for over 100 years! I had it but it caused some problems like hyperpigmentation so I stopped. SkinMedica has come out with a new cream called Vaniqua (I think thats how you spell it)that can reduce facial hair after using the cream for a month or so.Google it.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a little ashamed to say - after reading all your inputs - that I'm a super low maintenance person. That is, apart from the loads of skincare products in my bathroom drawers. My routine -

Manicure - once every few months Shock !
Pedicure - once every 2 months (only during summer time)!
Facials - very seldom now as I enjoy more with experimenting with skincare products (mostly recommendations from Forum members Smile ).
Hair Dyes - DIY, once every 2 months.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Well my husband thinks I'm very high maintenance, but since we've been married almost 26yrs., he has no idea what high maintenance really is in today's world. For 53 yrs. old I just thik of it as maitenance period and I'd definetely do more $$$ permitting:
1. manicure and pedicure about every 6wks.
2. haircolor and cut about every 10wks.
3. I had my first ever Botox in my 11 lines in Feb.and will def. do it again.
4. I want to start Radiance and/or Juviderm for my eyes and marianette lines
5.I'd love to have a mid-face lift, an abdominoplasty and a platysmoplasty sp?(neck lift).
I've only I was married to a millionaire or insurance covered more, sigh!!!
Sice I'm too fat for a revealing swimsuit, I don't do any of the bikini line waxing and luckily the hair on my legs doesn't grow too fast or too dark, my upper lip hair is blonde but I shave it when it starts to bug me. I guess I'm not really too high maintenance.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
This is def. an interesting place to have all the ladies share their experiences doing maintenance. I love reading the posts.
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Threads like these make me glad I'm not a girl Bad Grin No bikini wax for me nooo way lol

Just today my friends were talking about eye brows and stuff, and they turn to me and go you are so lucky you don't have to do this stuff Bad Grin
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:25 am      Reply with quote
xxndnromeoxx wrote:
Threads like these make me glad I'm not a girl Bad Grin No bikini wax for me nooo way lol

Just today my friends were talking about eye brows and stuff, and they turn to me and go you are so lucky you don't have to do this stuff Bad Grin

Yeah, but some of us LOVE being girls!!! If we don't want to do something ... we don't! No one tells us what we must and must not do.

I am soooooooo glad I'm a woman. Love it, love it. LOVE IT! Are there things that I don't care for? Yes. Menopause is a @##O&@#. But I still wouldn't want to be a guy ..

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I am also very proud to be a women. Women always look better then men. It is sad when a man tries to be a woman. They have so much work to do to look feminine and still never come close to a femininity!
mermaid7000
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I envy all of you that only have to die/highlight their hair only once every two months....I have to do mine once every 4-5 weeks as recommended by my stylist. I have such dark hair that he has to do a base color every time and the highlights every other time on top of it.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
4sons and skincare...you're making me laugh.. Laughing

I agree with you. I dont like these girly men either. They ought to be rough and rugged...and then climb on their Harleys and roar around Smile

No. I wont get on a bike. As much as I like them and it's fun, the wind on the skin.....no way!! Shock
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
xxndnromeoxx wrote:

Yeah, but some of us LOVE being girls!!! If we don't want to do something ... we don't! No one tells us what we must and must not do.

I am soooooooo glad I'm a woman. Love it, love it. LOVE IT! Are there things that I don't care for? Yes. Menopause is a @##O&@#. But I still wouldn't want to be a guy ..

Right on, 4sons!!! I am one who loves being a girl as well (even though I'm starting to get grey Colonel Sanders eyebrow hairs!).
puds
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Hey Puds ...

Gray hair is gorgeous!!! I quit coloring mine when the gray started to be really noticeable. I think silver is a STRIKING color.

Women are beautiful at all ages.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Grey hair only looks good if you have plenty of it. I agree it can look beautiful but it is less visible so for thinning hair a lighter version of your own color looks best (my opinion only).

I wish I could have a massage every week. Even if I could afford it I don't have the time. My dh got me a 6 massage gift for Xmas and I haven't used one yet.

I suppose I'm very low maintenance but sure would like to see what it is like to be high maintenance.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I am also very proud to be a women. Women always look better then men. It is sad when a man tries to be a woman. They have so much work to do to look feminine and still never come close to a femininity!

Laughing That was my ex. Was jealous when I started laser hair removal!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
heathercolorado wrote:
As in...services we pay others to perform on us?

Embarassed

Gel nails: every 2-3 weeks. Usually a pedicure, too.

CoolTouch laser: 1x month.

Fraxel laser: every other month

Laser hair removal: 1x month

Hair extensions: 3x year

Bodywrap: 4x year, or before big events

Plasma ablation bioelectric facial: before big dates or events. Almost never anymore Sad

Acupuncture: 1x month unless I feel perky & forget.

Massage at Lake Steamwww.lakesteam.com whenever I'm so stressed people start to hate me, usually 2x month.

Financial counseling/psychotherapy: Must start soon...

heathercolorado, you are my kind of woman!!! Laughing

^5 I still want your hair, you goddess, you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that's a lot of work.
well, I think it feels good to take care ourselves.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:36 am      Reply with quote
Interesting to know more....
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
SandraG wrote:
4sons and skincare...you're making me laugh.. Laughing

I agree with you. I dont like these girly men either. They ought to be rough and rugged...and then climb on their Harleys and roar around Smile

No. I wont get on a bike. As much as I like them and it's fun, the wind on the skin.....no way!! Shock

Now that's a man! Don't forget sunblock! Laughing
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Laughing That was my ex. Was jealous when I started laser hair removal!

Laughing
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I am Very Happy

I love products and since I have joined this forum--even more!

I indulge in a once a month soak at a hot springs spa, with herbal wrap, and a 1 hour massage. Ahhh...heaven!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm low maintenance. I don't do pedicure or manicure. I cut my own nails. I don't get a massage unless I go to Thailand where it costs only $4 an hour, and I splurge on a 3 hours long massage. Oh while I'm in Thailand, I go ahead and do pedicure and manicure which together cost $2.

So let's see what I do for beauty:

Every week, I use my Epilady to pull out all my armpit hair and leg hair. If I get lazy, I may wait another week. After the initial cost of the Epilady of $60, it's free to use, and I've had this for over 5 years now.

I cut/trim my hair every 3 months. This costs me $20.

I don't go for deep conditioning treatment at a salon, but I do coconut oil treatment every 2-4 weeks if I remember it. I used to do it more often, but now that my hair has become less dry and damaged, I am back on just maintenance mode by just using the TJs Nourish Spa shampoo and conditioner straight from the bottles without having to add anything to them.

Skincare: I'm still sampling, but have minimized my routines, so I am not stuck in front of my bathroom mirror for an hour each AM and PM. I'm pretty happy with my current routines, too.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
It's good to know I am not too fussy.
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Skincare,you really know how to enjoy your life.but sorry ,a little luxury..... Speak to the hand
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Heather: What is a Plasma ablation bioelectric facial. I've never heard of that. Ablation implies something is being blasted away. You say you do this before big events. Does it smooth your face ? leave redness? Is this a laser technique?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |