Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Silken Pearl Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Silken Pearl Products for 10 days now, so I thought I'd provide a brief review and comments on my experience and results so far:

I have three products – Silken Pearl Paste, Silken Pearl Primer and Silken Pearl Mist. I use all three products twice a day - morning and night.

Silken Pearl Paste (applied to clean face):
- nicely whipped and creamy (almost bubbly)
- easy to spread in a thin layer (it feels almost watery during the application)
- sinks in within seconds
- if applied in a thin layer leaves no residue
- leaves my skin feeling dry, so I do need a bit of moisturizer on top (I use 1 drop of Emu oil that I rub into my palms and than press onto my face)

Silken Pearl Primer (applied on top of the Paste and a thin layer of emu oil):
- very fine, whitish powder
- goes on in a thin layer, spreads well
- leaves skin a bit lighter than natural colour

Silken Pearl Mist (applied over Silken Pearl Primer if I’m at home and not wearing MU, and over MMU if I’m going out) :
- liquid that requires a good shake before dispensing to ensure the ingredients are well mixed
- dries quickly without any residue
- leaves skin feeling fresh

RESULTS so far:
- after weeks of major breakouts (mostly cystic and inflamatory acne), I have not had a single cystic acne since I started using Silken Pearl line
- when I do get an occasional pimple (which I still do), they seem to be smaller and heal much faster than before
- redness following a pimple seems to go away much faster
- Overall - it seems that this line really helps with acne (significantly reducing the number and severity of breakouts) and it really aids with healing.

So far, I am very pleased with the results Dancing and will continue to use these products to see what further improvements I can achieve. I am still using my BQ daily (although with a slightly revised regimen) and CPs every couple of days.

I'll update in another week or so.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your great review rubby!
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
These are from Mary right?
I just ordered the Silken Pearl Paste (basic) because I've been looking for a 'clean and simple' moisturizer (no oils, glycerin,silicones,..ect). Plus, this has the marine ingredients I've been dying to try. Smile
The other ones sound divine too but my face just can handle all the oils. I'm even worried about the vitamin e in this. Either way, I can always have my husband use it Laughing Will report back!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sundew, I have fairly sensitive skin (everything breaks me up Mad ) and this stuff has been very healing for my skin.
I've been using these products (yes, they are Mary's) for just two weeks, and my complexion is SOOOO MUCH better already.
One thing though, the regular pearl cream is not very moisturizing (at least not for my skin). I have to put a touch of emu oil on top of it, otherwise my skin feels a bit dry.
But this stuff is good. I will take some new photos of my skin and post them here with my "before" pictures. The difference is quite significant.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby, what is the reason you are only using your CPs every few days?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:33 am      Reply with quote
alibabka wrote:
Rubby, what is the reason you are only using your CPs every few days?

I took a break from all my actives for about 4 - 5 weeks. All in an effort to calm down my cystic acne. That didn't really do much, as I thought it wouldn't, but I was desparate to try something to stop the breakouts.
Anyway, when I started using Mary's Pearl Paste and other Silken Pearl products, things finally started calming down, so I decided to reintroduce CPs to aid in healing. I am now using CPs almost every day (i mix regular and super CP serum) and things are really improving beautifully.

I currently don't have a single inflamatory or cystic acne Dancing , just a whole bunch of scars that are fading nicely.

I hope that explains things.

R. Smile

alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks rubby. Can you use the pearl things at the same time as the CPs, or do you deliberately use them at a different time of day (as do some people with CP vs Vit. C)?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Alibabka,
This is my routine:

AM:
- Cleanse
- Refining Silken Pearl Paste - spot treatment on acne
- PSF Cranberry gel - eyes
- Regular Silken Pearl Paste - all over face and neck (wait 5-10 mins)
- Emu oil (I put 1 drop into my palm, rub the palms together and press them on my face - so there is actually very little oil that gets to the skin, but that’s all I need)
- Silken Pearl Primer (powder)
- MMU
- Silken Pearl Mist

PM
- Cleanse
- Baby Quasar treatment
- CPs - all over the face and neck (these are the areas I treat with BQ) - wait 45 - 60 mins
- Regular Silken Pearl Paste
- Silken Pearl Primer
- Silken Pearl Mist

So, I use CPs and the pearl paste together. I know that pearl paste should be as close to the skin as possible, but I layer it over CPs at night and this seems to be working for me.

I may start reintroducing Vitamin C serum in the AM, but for now I am just going to leave things as they are, as this new routine is really working well for me at this point.

Hope this helps.

havana8

Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Great review, Rubby! I've been using the Rich version of Mary's Silken Pearl Paste and quite enjoy it. It's very soothing and I notice that any make-up applied after looks pretty flawless.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:52 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Great review, Rubby! I've been using the Rich version of Mary's Silken Pearl Paste and quite enjoy it. It's very soothing and I notice that any make-up applied after looks pretty flawless.

I just started using the Rich version (I only have a sample) a couple of days ago. I apply it under my eyes and on the neck. It seems to be working well. I'll report back in the next few days if I notice any difference in those areas.

faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
your review is helpful. But which formula of the pearl paste did you get? I noticed there a few. Does it help with clogged pores or red marks?
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Marys products for about 3 weeks now. My face looks great, not one breakout. Not one~~~ Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Hi,
your review is helpful. But which formula of the pearl paste did you get? I noticed there a few. Does it help with clogged pores or red marks?

Hi Faeriedust,
I am using the Regular pearl paste twice a day all over my face. I do have a sample of the Refining pearl paste (with salicylic acid) which I use for spot treatment (pimples and old scars) and a sample of the Rich pearl paste (with oils), which I use around my eyes (night) and on my neck. This seems to be working really well for me.
HTH. R. Smile

brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I am another happy Silken Pearl convert!! I have been using Mary's products for several weeks now and my skin is looking markedly healthier. I too have been suffering from hormonal acne for the last few years (is that the worst or what, when you are in your 40's?? Mad) and I am finding the entire Silken Pearl line to be very soothing and healing to my skin barrier.

I love the purity of the ingredients and I love the fact that Mary is the original creator of the pearl creams and others followed. (Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, right?) Her customer service is awesome too, with quick delivery and immediate responses to email.
By the way, I use the Rich Silken Pearl cream as well as the powder and spray treatment. I think I will order the Refining Silken Pearl cream to use for spot treatment, as others mentioned, although I am having far few spots to treat lately!!

High Raves for the Silken Pearl line from me!!!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
I am another happy Silken Pearl convert!! I have been using Mary's products for several weeks now and my skin is looking markedly healthier. I too have been suffering from hormonal acne for the last few years (is that the worst or what, when you are in your 40's?? Mad) and I am finding the entire Silken Pearl line to be very soothing and healing to my skin barrier.

I love the purity of the ingredients and I love the fact that Mary is the original creator of the pearl creams and others followed. (Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, right?) Her customer service is awesome too, with quick delivery and immediate responses to email.
By the way, I use the Rich Silken Pearl cream as well as the powder and spray treatment. I think I will order the Refining Silken Pearl cream to use for spot treatment, as others mentioned, although I am having far few spots to treat lately!!

High Raves for the Silken Pearl line from me!!!

Great review, brenpatsa! I know you are a big IE fan--- would you say that the Silken Pearl products have replaced any of your IE products?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi M.S.Liz!!

Wow, I am impressed that you remember my love for IE products! I still love the products and find them incredibly gentle yet effective as well. I originally dabbled with the Pearl products just because I kept reading about them here (and because I have NO self-control when it comes to skincare products!! Bad Grin ), not really expecting much from them truthfully. I was surprised to discover that I love, love, love the soothing feel of the Silken pearl on my skin. Honestly, after many years and hundred and hundreds of dollars spent, I finally feel like I have found a regime for my dryish yet hormonally acne-prone skin that works for me. I learned the hard way that traditional acne products are too strong and damaging for my aging skin (it pains me to describe myself that way!) and that restoring the skin barrier is the way to go. I pray that Ice Elements and Mary's Silken Pearl company stay in business for a long time!!
Thanks for asking!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
OK guys, it's been over 4 weeks using Silken Pearl products for me, so I thought I'd give an update.

Well, this stuff is just amazing ! After completing a full month (and all the phases of my girly cycle Wink ) I have to say - this stuff is pretty incredible. I can now safely conclude that the pearl paste, the silken powder and the mist have done so much more for my acne-prone skin than Tretinoin 0.05% (same as Retin A) and Clindoxyl Gel (topical antibiotic) combined.

I have not had a single cystic acne since I started using this line (this a huge one for me Shock ), my skin looks clearer and more even. I even think that my pores look a bit smaller.

I am at the moment only using the Silken Pearl line and CPs (which I've been using for over a year), so I know the results are from the silk-pearl powder products.

I am being a bit more aggressive with CPs at the moment, so I do have some old damage (acne scars and discoloration) starting to show, but I'll continue with the pearl powder stuff, and I'm sure things will only get better.

BTW - after 4.5 weeks of using this morning and night, I still have approximately 1/5 - 1/4 of the pearl paste (1 oz) left, I have 2/3 of the mist (6 oz) left, and still have tonnes of powder left (you use tiny amounts of this, so powder will last me for months).

I am re-ordering pearl paste from Mary and my guess is that 1 oz will last me 5-6 weeks, using 2x day (or more often, if I'm at home).

This time I'm re-ordering the Regular pearl paste, but am also ordering the regular size of the Rich pearl paste (this one has oils). I'll try to use this one at night and see how that works.

I'll continue updating this tread with further results and findings.

Have a great weekend everyone!

R. Smile

faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the rich and refining pearl paste and overnight treatment. But Mary hasnt shipped them out yet because her supply for the pearl powder hasnt arrived.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
I ordered the rich and refining pearl paste and overnight treatment. But Mary hasnt shipped them out yet because her supply for the pearl powder hasnt arrived.

Oh, I hope she gets her shipment soon as I only have another week or two of supply on hand. And I don't want to be without this stuff even for a day.

sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone compared the silken pearl pastes to i feel pretty's pearl creams?
also, how big are the samples? has anyone tried a sample of the mist, and if so, how is it packaged?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
What is Mary's website?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
What is Mary's website?

www.silkenpearl.com
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |