Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Kate Somerville Purify Exfoliating Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Fri May 04, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Dancing I've just tried a sample of this awesomely-refreshing cleanser, and believe I will now have to invest in the product!

It's eucalyptus & peppermint felt so invigorating this morning, and it's gentle exfoliation has left my skin very smooth.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I read that Molly Simms would use it when she has a lot of make-up on. Otherwise she uses the Gentle Daily wash.

I only wear a lot of eye make-up. Could you tell me if you could use Purify cleanser on your eyes?
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am soooo surprised that more people on this list aren't raving about this line. Skincare and I have been egging each other on in buying this line, LOL!!

The exfoliating cleanser is the only cleanser I haven't tried. I finished a tube of the Daily Detox Cleanser. It was nice, but didn't realy grab my attention. Yesterday, I just got the Gentle Cleanser. I love the lavender scent. It really isn't subtle, like the description says, but I like it none the less.

So for, I am using their cleanser, Goat Cream, Deep Tissue Repair and Kate in a Jar. I can honestly say that my skin looks better than it has in years!

Liz

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Liz I also have been using KS Kate in a Jar, the Quench serum, and the Deep Tissue Repair.

The Kate in a Jar has caused my skin to become somewhat reactive. I have used it once a week for the past month with no problems and all of a sudden I get major redness now when I use it.

The Deep Tissue Repair I found to be so-so, no real changes after using it.

Do try the exfoliating cleanser if you get a chance it's quite nice!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just posted a rave on KIAJ. I guess it really depends on your skin. Confused

I will have to ask for a sample of Daily Detox cleanser and use it on one of those heavy duty make-up evening out. Smile
suzielap
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I just finished a sample tube and I am looking forward to buying this product. It's really gentle, and smells great and it's not too expensive. A must have!
Caspers Mum

Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I read that Molly Simms would use it when she has a lot of make-up on. Otherwise she uses the Gentle Daily wash.

I only wear a lot of eye make-up. Could you tell me if you could use Purify cleanser on your eyes?

Well, I don't wear a lot of make-up, so I don't use it to remove mascara, etc. If/when I do wear make-up, I use a separate, cheap eye make-up remover to take off mascara.

I've massaged the cleanser near my eyes, and it's fine: no irritation. Actually, when showering in the morning, the cleanser's peppermint & eucalyptus feel SO GOOD around my tired eyes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds so nice Casper. Maybe next time I will get a sample of it. It will be awhile before I order again because I have a lot of full size of KS.
Piz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

Does anyone know if you can use this daily?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 4:40 am      Reply with quote
I have, and it really depends on the weather/season,because I found it was perfect on hot humid days but not great on hot days or dry, cold days.
This is still an amazing product to use, but I'd limit the usage depending how sensitive your skin is during certain times of the month and weather conditions.
This scrub feels great and feels like you got a mini facial!
Piz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Skincare.

I have quite oily skin which is pretty resiliant. I'm never sure whether I should exfoliate more or less than drier skin. At present I exfoliate every other day - some schools of thought say that it exacerbates the oil glands and other say that it keeps the pores clear - dilema! Confused

This looks like it is one for my shopping list.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
That is true. This is the reason why I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser or Cellcosmet cream cleanser.
Both are good for dry and sensitive skin, but they are not strong enough to strip your natural oil production, which helps control your oil production. If you skin is naturally oily, I say to enjoy it! Very Happy
You must have a really nice glow as long as your skin does not have breakouts.

I used to put omega oil on my face after I cleansed to help balance my skin oil production...that took three months, and yes, some may say my skin looked oily, but my skin tone was even and I had a really nice glow.

Then I used exfoliant to help keep my pores open so that I would not get clogged up pores and get rid of any natural peeling of my skin.

The key factor for me when shopping for exfoliant are:
Does it feel clean?

Over time of using this product, do you get greasy skin? If so, maybe there is some residue from that scrub that still sits on your face.

And I have to admit the attractiveness of the packaging. Shock

So far I love this product, and baking soda mixed with cetaphil, Cellcosmet scrub and Juice Beauty (my most recent purchase)
HTH Smile
Piz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Mmmm, Juice Beauty. Haven't looked at that brand.

I do get breakouts with my oily skin. It is the eternal vexing issue. Oily skin equals no lines - fantastic. Oily skin for me equals breakouts. I went through a stage where my jawline looked like I had been stung by a whole bee hive! I couldn't get control - I tried prescription formulations which dried my skin out much that it cracked. I also tried going on the pill which gave me hyper pigmentation (very aging). Finally my skin just sorted itself out by just sticking with some really good products.

I use Alpha H generally slotting in some clientele, a'kin and some decleor. I use a variety of masks including Elemis and Peter Thomas Roth and the star is the Peter Thomas Roth Max BPO gel 10%. I also use a scrub every other day to keep my pores clear, but never the less every month I suffer the hormonal breakouts!

I suppose that once I get the breakouts sorted my oily skin will serve me well. Laughing

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |