Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Orlane B21 Super Moisturizing Concentrate
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Well hello there Smile

I haven't reviewed anything for a while so here I am (well, ok, it's only been a week BUT that's a LONG time for an opinionated person! :P). I've had the week from hell at work/uni and I've just got a chance today to sit down and take an extended breather.

To be honest I got the Orlane B21 Soin Super-Hydrant Super Moisturizing Concentrate mainly because it came with a really cool cosmetic bag Very Happy But, having a high opinion of Orlane products, I wasn't too worried about not liking the cream itself.

The words "Super-Hydrant" should have really given away the fact that this is for dry skins only, but the cosmetics bag overshadowed logical thinking (and yes, it was worth it!) Smile

My mum is using this cream at the moment and she absolutely loves it. She has dehydrated skin and on her this cream sinks right in and she says her skin feels much better. On me, well I looked like an oil slick... But to be honest, I still really like this cream and still steal a bit from my mum every so often Smile

This is a day and night cream and unless your skin is dry you will not be able to wear this in the morning because it just won't sink in. My mum has no problem wearing this during the day because it just dissapears right into her skin and her skin goes "ahhhh... that's better". I only used it at night and while it was really shiny (for a long time after I put it on) I woke up with beautifully soft moisturised skin. I used this again last night (after pampering myself with Valmont Very Happy) and woke up with skin that was 100 times better than it looked yesterday (I had a total of 6 hours sleep in the two days leading up to yesterday and I've also neglected my diet and water drinking habits Sad Gotta love deadlines! NOT!).

My verdict is that this is a great moisturising cream for people with dehydrated skins. But if you have normal or combo skin then buying a full size of this would be a waste of money. I was a bit dissapointed in the smell of this product, but smell is a really personal preference so I'm not going to dwell on that.

Mabsy.

ps. Even though this is really REALLY moisturising, I had no problems with breakouts or anything of the sort. I used this every night for about 2 weeks after which I gave it to my mum because she gets more benefit out of it than I do. Two weeks is plenty for breakouts to emerge and none did. So I was pretty impressed in that respect too.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Orlane Super Moisturizing Concentrate (day & night) (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Orlane Super Moisturizing Concentrate (day & night) (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

This intensive formula works for 24 hours to moisturize and energize dehydrated skin. This lightweight, silky cream restores the skin’s optimal moisture balance, helping skin to regain its suppleness and radiance.

thecake

Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I really like all products from Orlane. After trying other couple of brands, I always come back to Orlane. Even if it is the B21 pink line, it is super Moisturizing too.
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy! I wish I was your mum and got to sample all your goodies Laughing Laughing !

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I agreed Orlane B21 is super as I've tried this Moisturizing Concentrate before.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I am so glad that this product would not suit my skin. Every time I see a review on some of the top end products I try not to read them but then I just give in. Good review but I'm saved again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
I read the description of this product. It says there are UVA/UVB filters in it. So it is still good to use at night?

Thanks!
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your sharing!
Haha, I'm interested in the cool cosmetic bag came with. Laughing Laughing
Can you upload a pic?
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:44 am      Reply with quote
rayna wrote:
I read the description of this product. It says there are UVA/UVB filters in it. So it is still good to use at night?

Thanks!

You can use products with UVA/UVB at night, but they're obviously unnecessary, and you might not want to have them for that reason. Most lines have a day & night version.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
If we use this in the morning, do we need add sunscreen?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |