Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Skinceuticals Ferulic has stained my nails yellow, solution?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Over time Skinceuticals C+E Ferulic has stained my nails yellow! It looks as though I roll my own tobacco! I've even tried applying it with latex gloves however I remove them to apply my base etc and I suppose the solution is still active because my nails still become stained. I haven't used it for a month and I still cannot remove these yellow/brown stains from my nails. Does anyone have a solution for this apart from cutting all my nails off!
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
OMG! I was just getting ready to order this stuff. If it stained your nails, what is it doing to the skin on your face? Shock

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Lordy Camelia, I've used SC CE+F for years and haven't experienced this problem at all. In fact, if anything it's bleached the collar of my bathrobe. The serum should be clear in color, perhaps with the very faintest hint of yellow. Otherwise, it's turned and shouldn't be used.
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I also tried phyto+ which is green in colur. After used it, some green colur left in my finger. But can't see in the face. Laughing
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I don't understand it, the liquid is very, very pale; I always keep it in the fridge and wouldn't use it went a dark orange/brown colour. My face doesn't appear to be stained by it (but I am a medium shade) and yet my nails look nicotine tainted! I wash my hands a lot with anti-bacterial soap too! What is going on? Does anyone know what will bleach the nail tips back to their former white shade?
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Try soaking your fingertips in lemon juice for a few minutes. I've heard it whitens the tips of your nails.

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Camelia,

Do you wear nail polish? I have had some colours of nail polish leave my nails that way ... although all I do to remove it is to use one of those file/buffer things.

However, if I didn't buff it off and then used the same polish again, I can see how that colour might build up.

Someone said [somewhere here on EDS] that is was because some polishes have formaldehyde in them. I don't know if that's true ... but I do think it has to do with the pigment in some colours of polish.

HTH

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies Lori and Mary. I've tried lemon juice and it's not doing anything and I don't use nail varnish as I can get a good sheen by buffing them every week. I even used the rough part of the buffer to remove the top layer of the nail but the stain must be throughout the layer of the nail as it didn't whiten. This is so odd, I can't be the only one can I?
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have used C+E for quite some time (VERY fair complexion with natural nails and have had no problem). I love the stuff. Are you sure it is the C+E that is doing it?
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I'm absolutely certain, this is so baffling! Perhaps I'm using too much.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Camelia, It doesn't take much. Actually, I doubt it even touches my nails. I put it on my fingertips and smooth it on. I wish I had some advice for your nails. I know there are some commercial nail whitening products, but I have never used them. Good luck
babybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Camelia, try using denture tablets.

They can whiten and brighten yellow fingernails. Simply follow instructions for dissolving denture tablets in water, and soak your nails for several minutes. Repeat the process until your nails are lighter and brighter in color.
babybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
If the stains do not come out with soaking, try scrubbing with a nail brush...

good luck!
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Camelia, I asked a friend about yellow nails and she offered these home remedies:
1. Mix 1tsp. hydrogen peroxide plus 2tsp baking soda to form a paste. Apply to nails with cotton swap. Leave for 3-5 min and then rinse with warm water;
2. Dissolve Alka-Seltzer in warm water. Submerge nails for 5-10 minutes;
3 Apply toothpaste to nails and let sit for several minutes; or
4. Make a paste of lemon juice and baking soda. Let sit for a few minutes and then rinse with warm water.
Hope this helps.
Cuddles
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thank you Cuddles, one of those solutions HAS to work! I will report back, I must have very porous nails or something! Thanks for the denture tablet idea too babybelle. Hopefully by Monday my nail tips will be white again. It's amazing how something so minor can make you feel as though you look unhealthy and dirty, I was consciously trying to hide the nails of my right hand in public.
Didi
5% products discount

Sat May 12, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Camelia, I had exactly the same problem with a couple of Vit C products. I don't know how to apply it without it happening to my nails - they looked absolutely ghastly! I stopped using Vit C (which I regret) and used nail polish to make my nails look fresh and pretty, and over maybe 6 weeks (?) my nails returned to normal. I wondered if the remover did a job, actually. Don't worry, your nails will definitely go back to normal. I'd love to know how to apply Vit C so it doesn't get on my nails, though! Laughing
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Nice to know I'm not the only one Didi! I might try wearing a natural nail varnish more often and apply it to both the surface of the nail and under the nail tip too in order to protect it from this awful staining. I'm buying the denture tablets tomorrow, didn't think I'd have to be doing that yet!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |