Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
help!!!pls recommend an acne gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
blueberry
5% products discount

Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:54 am      Reply with quote
I get breakouts during PMS, I need a acne gel that can heal pimple overnight, or at least less red. I used clinique blemish solution & it didn't harm my senstivie skin. I tried Neutrogena with the benoxide where I had rush after using it.
Long time ago, I found a "clear sticker" (forgot who manufactured it, may be Clean & Clear where you can find in drugstore), it really work great with big pimple overnight, anyone knows?
Mabsy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:02 am      Reply with quote
The stickers you're talking about are made by Garnier. I haven't used them for a while but they were quite good for small pimples.

In terms of spot streatments, three come to mind that work very well for me. Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel, MDF Clearing Comlex, and, YonKa Juvenil. Often a deep cleansing mud mask left overnight on the actual spot will work very well too.
freedom37
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I can never resist squeezing a spot as I always think it will clear up quicker, when it never does and I end up looking worse (I know, I know - all you therapists will be rightly horrified at my skin abuse). Anyway, the best product is good old Tea Tree oil, found in any health shop/pharmacy. It is a natural antiseptic, and you really feel that it is doing something (can sting a bit if you put it on broken skin).

Anyway, off to squeeze a fresh one...

kidding!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
freedom, I'm a squeezer, picker..whatever you want to call it too!

It's funny that everyone suggests tea tree oil..It's never helped for me Crying or Very sad
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I second either Yonka Juvenil or Tea Tree Oil.

Juvenil -- only apply it on the acne spot -- where you feel that there is a pimple "underneath" the surface but you just can't see it to "squeeze" it. Apply Juvenil on it -- it will erupt by the following morning. Be careful not to apply it ALL over your face when you first start this product because you will break out everywhere -- this product really helps to CLEANSE your skin so wherever you put it, it'll help "clean." That's what happened to me when I first started using it (I even private messaged Mabsy to ask for HELP LOL) . . . but the reason you break out is because the Juvenil helps to eliminate everything under the surface for you.

My skin is a lot more under control nowadays --I can apply Juvenil everywhere but no "big breakout" will happen (probably because it's already cleansed my skin enough). But if you have a spot erupting, put Juvenil on it -- it will help. AND if you are one of those "bad" girls that likes to squeeze your pimples (I'm also guilty of that), you can apply Juvenil AFTERWARDS and it will help alleviate redness and help the healing process.

Tea Tree oil is generally an antibacterial oil and helps a lot with acne. I tend to use it just for "cleansing" purposes (like after I squeeze a zit and want the general area to be cleansed). It's a bit drying if you use it "neat" (completely undiluted) but it's a great product (and MINTY!).

For controlling acne, I would recommend using Juvenil and Yonka's Creme PG or Creme 15. The two cremes have different textures, though they seem to perform the same function for me. The Creme PG is more of a real cream, while the Creme 15 is lighter (more like a lotion).

Personally, I use Juvenil and then Phytomer Acnigel. Acnigel is this light pink lotion/gel and it is FABULOUS -- smells SO good, is SO light, but does a great job moisturizing your skin (and helping get rid of acne). You can also try Phytomer Comedogel -- it's also used to purge pimples to the surface, but I still think Yonka Juvenil is THE BEST product for helping those pimples rise to the surface.

FYI -- sometimes Juvenil will also "kill" the pimple . . . so instead of coming to the surface, the pimple will just go away . . . this happens rarely (I personally would prefer the gunk to come to the surface so I can get rid of it instead of it laying dormant beneath my skin).

Last, but not least, DRINK LOTS OF WATER. I was sick a while ago (in December) and I drank 4-5 16 oz bottles per day. I was force-hydrating myself to get better but magically, my skin was GLOWING after drinking so much water. I haven't been a "good girl" to keep with this routine but water really does make a difference.
blueberry
5% products discount

Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:50 am      Reply with quote
thanks everyone!
I squeezed it, left a big red mark :cry:
Yonka can get rid of the scar too? how much? can i find it in Sephora? I tried Tea Tree oil before but don't help with the scar.
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'd recommend PTR or Jan Marini's benzoyl peroxide gels. Simple, effective, and besides the tea tree oil (which I found effective in drying pimples) I'd have to politely disagree with most of the other rec's.

Something with BP or maybe salicylic acid would be best for spot treating.

For controlling acne I'd recommend a trip to a dermatologist, or getting your family doctor (or doctor at a clinic) to prescribe you a BP and clindamycin gel, and/or Retin A Micro.

hths

PS, since you're heading to sephora, they might have PTR's BP gel there for you to sample...you could make a jar and that should be enough, since you're only spot treating that area. No need to buy a big thing of it if you don't need to.
blueberry
5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:45 am      Reply with quote
no, i didn't get the gel, BP gave me rush. May be I'll try Body SHop Tea Tree Oil. Does it help on clore pores? because I put acne gel on them too.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |