Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I AM IN LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU GUYS!

THANK YOU FOR SUGGESTING TO ME TO USE THE DERMAL CLAY CLEANSER!!!!!!!

All you minty fans, THIS IS THE PRODUCT!!!!! It clears your sinuses and it leaves that tingly feeling for a looooooooooooong time. I just spent 3 minutes massaging my face because I LOVE the sensation!

I can't tell you how it'll treat my skin but I'll tell you that I won't use this more than once a day -- might overdry your skin -- BUT it's a great pick-me-up in the morning, I bet!

Will add addendum if and when I see any dramatic results with my skin!

Lisa
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't it awesome?! VERY MINTY. Just don't get it in youe eyes. I found it fine to use 2x's a day a.m.'s and p.m.'s I know you mentioned you wash your face 3 x's a day, so that indeed might be drying with this. This product is like a mask-cleanser, it's great! I bet you love how your face feels super clean and tingly. Wink
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
The aestheticians at EDS recommended the Derma. Clay Cleanser for my mature oily skin and I've been using it for about a month. I use it morning and night and just LOVE the stuff. I thought it would dry my skin out too, but, not so far. It's wonderful stuff!
Mabsy

Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Wow that sounds great! It's been on the list since thoughtcrime did a review of it and said that it was minty. However seeing all the 'o's in "LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE" coming from my minty-twin has just bumped it up in the list a notch (a BIG notch)!

I have an order from EDS on the way but I think I need to try this and do it SOON! I don't have oily skin which I think this product is targeted for. I've got normal-to-combo skin, do you think my face would feel tight after using this?
Also, Lisa, how does it compare to Gel Nettoyant? Which one do you like better (mintyness aside)?

Ta Smile

Mabsy
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Alright Mabsy,

You HAVE to get this product. If you don't have oily skin, just use it once a day (ie: in the morning as a pick-me-up) because you will LOVE IT.

Valmont Renewing Pack isn't minty for me -- neither is the Yonka Creme Sensitive Cleanser -- . . . like you, I think my skin is de-sensitized to minty products. BUT DERMALOGICA'S DERMAL CLAY CLEANSER IS AWESOME.

I've been washing my face for like 3-4 minutes each time just to enjoy the minty feeling. I don't know why I haven't discovered this product till now!!!!!!!

Thank you, ThoughtCrime for pointing it out to us!!!!!!!!!

So Mabsy -- BUY IT -- Trust me -- you will LOVE the mintiness. My skin doesn't feel too dry from it either -- so it's a good sign. If you don't have oily skin, then just use it once a day as a "treat."

Think: Nioxin Scalp Therapy on your FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I kid you not! It's so invigorating!

Okay, that's my sell for today!

Compared with Yonka Gel -- different textures. The Dermal Clay Cleanser is more lotion-y textured instead of gel-y. BUT Mabsy, if I had to choose one (and only one), I would choose the Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser. I know, Yonka Girl is a traitor now, but I LOVE IT. It doesn't smell as good as the Gel Nettoyant -- but it CLEARS your sinuses Smile I'll have to see if it clears up my skin at all -- but that'll take a few days, I'm sure.

Lisa
Mabsy

Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! After reading an endorsement like that how could I NOT buy it! You've convinced me Lisa. This is definitely on my next order! I like your "Nioxin on your face" analogy; I love Nioxin!

From now on you shall be known as the Yonkalogica girl :P

Mabsy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
OH MY Lisa, Did I hear you say you like it better than the Yonka gel Surprised
p.s what do you use to remove your eye makeup?

Mabsy, FYI I have combo skin and used it 2x's a day, no dryness.
Wink
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Not to be redundant, but I also highly recommend the kiss my face botanical acne gel for use as a spot treatment. It's EXTREMELY MINTY & TINGLY and works great. I heard the mask is good too but haven't tried it yet. :P
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Chunlisa and Mabsy, THE MIGHTY MINTY TWIN.

To me, Valmont Renewing Pack is ...very very minty...I surely feel cold when I have it on my face. It must be the extra sensitivity of my poor skin. Anyway, so glad you are happy with your new EDS package. I think I will try Dermalogica Derma Clay Cleanser in my next order to see if I my skin can feel the MIGHTY MINTY EXTREME Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hello from the Mighty Minty Yonkalogica Person over here ........ Very Happy

Leiladao, if Valmont is minty to you, you will be BLOWN AWAY by Dermalogica's Dermal Clay Cleanser Smile But if your skin is sensitive, don't use the cleanser every day as it might dry out your skin -- so be careful, definitely.

Thoughtcrime -- I'm working on getting the Kiss My Face Botanical Acne Gel -- I TRUST YOUR judgment on MINTY items now -- by all means. Seriously . . . you should get commission or something! The thing is that I already use Proactiv and Yonka Juvenil for my acne -- too many other products might just convolute my skin regime. So I'm going to wait a while. I don't want to overdo the acne medication ha ha ha. Is the mask tingly, too?

And I actually use L'oreal's make up remover. It's in a little blue bottle for about $5.00. I've used eye make up removers ranging from $20 to $5 and I LOVE L'oreal's eye make up remover. I wear contacts and eye make up every day and it doesn't irritate my eyes or anything -- AND it is very effective for removing eye make up. Yonka Gel is good for general make up removal, but I like cleansing my area specifically since eye liner and other "gunk" is harder to get to with a regular facial cleanser.

Mabsy -- TRUST ME, you will love the mintiness. I cannot believe how wonderful it feels. It's like ......... well, you know how it is! I can't wait for you try it . . . I almost want to order it for you NOW and send it to you asap!

And ThoughtCrime -- yes, I did say I liked the Dermal Clay Cleanser better than the Yonka Gel. I like the Yonka Gel texture -- but I LOVE the Dermal Clay Cleanser's texture and the effect it gives my skin. I'm a major menthol / tingly / minty fan (if you haven't noticed). I haven't yet found something that's tingly enough for my face (except Clinique's Exfoliator -- but I've since changed to Dermalogica's Microfoliant for exfoliation). Dermal Clay Cleanser is AWESOME. It's THE product that I've been looking for all this time!!!!!!!

Okay, until next time,
One-half of the Mighty Minty Twins,
Lisa
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yonkalogica grrl! You are absolutely right, I think using too many different acne products make the skin confused and it's overkill. Besides, when you are using so many products at once, it's difficult to tell which one is working...
Mabsy

Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Not to worry, I've never been able to hold out too long after hearing a review of a super minty product Smile

You guys have built up my expectations of it though. I'm expecting it to be SUPER DUPER minty! The Kiss My Face stuff is on my mum's shopping list too. She left yesterday morning and comes back in a month, hopefully she can find all the stuff I want (mmmm.... cinnamon tic-tacs and almond m&ms here I come! Very Happy).

The other half of MMT Very Happy
Mabsy.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |