Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Vivier C serum 10%
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
A friend of mine gave it to me as a gift. I've read a lot about c serums here because I'm looking for the best c serums for my skin.

As I've already mentioned many times, my skin is very oily and slightly acne prone.

This serum surprised me. It has the texture of oil, like the Lotus oil by Clarins or Decleor's Ylang Ylang. The surprise it that it sinks right in in seconds and requires very little of it for the whole face, which makes it very cost effective too. I expected my face to look like I smeared oil on it after an hour or less but I was suprised there too. My skin only started showing signs of oiliness after 2-3 hour which is an achievement for me. Only JM C-ester oil control keeps my skin mat for longer.
The smell is nice too.

It's only been a week so I still have to see that I don't break out but so far I love the way my skin feels and looks and will buy the 20% when this one is used.
I'd also like to try their C + E although I'm kind of scared about all the stories of people breaking out from anything with E.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Vivier Serum 10 (30 ml / 1 floz)
Vivier Serum 10 (30 ml / 1 floz)

Formulated with pharmaceutical grade Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid USP), this patented oil-free medical grade sērum helps reduce signs of environmental damage such as fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin texture and tone.

Formerly called Vivier Vitamin-C IDS™ High Potency Serum 10.

yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Ibianca...have u used vit c serums before?

my only experience of vit c was terrible, breakouts, blackheads and all the rest...although i did start off with 20%! so im a bit scared of using any vit c now...but i do have a sample of vivier 10% in my drawer

please keep me updated, as to whether you break out and the improvements you see from your skin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
No problem yeahyeah Very Happy I will update.
The only c serum I've used (before this one)and still using is the JM c-esta oil control and I LOVE it - a lot of my love for it is because it's so mattifying without drying. The reason I want to try other c serums is because I want to try stronger versions.
I've been using the c esta for 4 months and no implosion of blackheads. I don't know if it's because it simply doesn't affect me that way or because I exfoliate regularly - scrubs, JM enzyme mask, SA and GA peels and TCA peels. I don't exfoliate as much as it sounds and I try to not over do it. I just do it regularly at appropriate intervals so that might be keeping my skin decongested.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
By the way yeahyeah, what c serums have you tried?
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
i only tried the psf serum (20%), it was a forum gift a month or so ago. the first night of using it, my skin looked amazing but then the next night when i looked in the mirror Shock Shock Shock shock of a lifetime, my skin was disgusting. but maybe i should've started with a lower % and use it only a few times a week just to get used to it.

oh i was just looking at the reviews on c-esta cream/serum...sounds great but it just seems like im using so much on my face...i was just reading the papers the other day and it was saying all sorts about layering on all the bad chemicals on ur skin can damage it.

but im gonna look more into the c-esta cos although i love trying out new things...my skin can break out like MAD

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
..i was just reading the papers the other day and it was saying all sorts about layering on all the bad chemicals on ur skin can damage it.

Hi yeahyeah do mind elaborate more on this? which paper did you read. I am interested in knowing more... TIA
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
yeahyeah wrote:
..i was just reading the papers the other day and it was saying all sorts about layering on all the bad chemicals on ur skin can damage it.

Hi yeahyeah do mind elaborate more on this? which paper did you read. I am interested in knowing more... TIA

hiya,
i read it in the Daily Mirror but i did a search on their website and the articles here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/yourlife/sexandhealth/tm_method=full%26objectid=19243234%26siteid=89520-name_page.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
i only tried the psf serum (20%), it was a forum gift a month or so ago. the first night of using it, my skin looked amazing but then the next night when i looked in the mirror Shock Shock Shock shock of a lifetime, my skin was disgusting. but maybe i should've started with a lower % and use it only a few times a week just to get used to it.

oh i was just looking at the reviews on c-esta cream/serum...sounds great but it just seems like im using so much on my face...i was just reading the papers the other day and it was saying all sorts about layering on all the bad chemicals on ur skin can damage it.

but im gonna look more into the c-esta cos although i love trying out new things...my skin can break out like MAD

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the c serum. Anything you do, test spot first. I'm sure you can get a sample of the c esta oil control serum with your next order from EDS.
If you try the Vivier, I suggest you test spot on a small part of your face for at least a week or 2 to see how you react.

As for layering, I actually don't layer much except for the cp's and emu or HA on top. I actually try not to layer too much because my skin is so oily.
What I do is use different things morning and evening and alternate days with different products.

ANd thanks for that link Very Happy
Mabsy

Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
The Vivier serums are still my favourite serums from all the vit C serums I've used. I really like that texture and much prefer it to the watery types. I used the 20% version in the end but loved it and found it to be effective and also stable.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Short update:

It's been almost two weeks and no zits although I got my period a few days ago.

I'm VERY happy with this serum so far Very Happy
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Vivier Kine-C for a while now and I love it, I am finally seeing a glow to my skin! Now I am just wondering if next bottle I should go stronger to the 20% or leave it be since I will be starting with CP's, decisions, decisions!!
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:41 am      Reply with quote
I used the Vivier 10% for a time but then I noticed that I was getting little red dots on my face. I then started using it every other day or less and eventually just stopped it altogether. I don't know why but my face always seemed to look better when I wasn't using it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:22 am      Reply with quote
I like Vivier Vit C serum better, compare to other brands. I can see result after using them. My skin exudes radiance, glow , soft, smooth and smaller pores. Very strange, this month for the 1st time, I dont have breakout at the parts of my face prone to have terrible breakout near to the time of my period. I owe this to the Vit C as I dont use many kinds of products this month cos I want to see whether using mainly Vit C in my routine has any effect on my skin or not. Well, it does. But I will continue to monitor, and will post result agin next month.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
skinmelon,any update ? Smile i just got my vivier vit.C sample ,never use yet!
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:
skinmelon,any update ? Smile i just got my vivier vit.C sample ,never use yet!

Hi, lotus, I still have good result from using vivier. I did purchase Skinceutical C+ E just to try out but don't like the texture. SC's is very mild and not lasting. But a wee droplet of Vivier goes a long way. Vivier feels more potent than other brands. I also bought Skin medica Vit C but it still on the way. Will let you informed of the result next.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I've ever try it on sample it break me out and I allergy to fragrance on it.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still absolutely loving the Vivier and plan to try the 20% next and maybe their c+e too. Great product Very Happy
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thank for update Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
That was a nice review to read. Did you start slowly? Example, applied it every three days then moved up to every other day and so on?

I have to agree that C+E from Vivier did make me break out. The one with Vit. K in it is nice also...I got a sample of it from EDS and gave it a try.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
That was a nice review to read. Did you start slowly? Example, applied it every three days then moved up to every other day and so on?

I have to agree that C+E from Vivier did make me break out. The one with Vit. K in it is nice also...I got a sample of it from EDS and gave it a try.

I didn't start slowly. I just put it daily and made sure I didn't breakout. I mean, I started with it, saw it didn't break me out the first day, continued the next and so on. I'm extremely satisfied.

I'm undecided on the c+e because I hear so many breakout stories that I don't know what to do. I was thinking that if it does break me out, I'll just put it on my neck but it's quite expensive Confused
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I know what you mean. Same goes for Skinceuticals F+E...that one was really terrible for my skin and meanwhile everybody is raving about it. I believe what I read and don't doubt their reviews.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
How are you all using Vivier 10% serum ?
It is just put a few drops in the palm of your hand, pat hands together and apply to face Question
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:19 am      Reply with quote
I think that for the C + E, it's the E that breaks people out. Perhaps you can order sample of Skinceuticals C + E from ebay to try out. Won't break the bank if it doesn't suit you.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I got vivier c serum sample size from EDS. But I haven't got a chance to try it out yet. Crying or Very sad
moonshadow
5% products discount

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:12 am      Reply with quote
tried the sample but I don't like the smell....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |