Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
:: Review:: Dermalogica Ultra Sensitive Face Block SPF25
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Time to catch up with some reviews! The forum seems to be moving so fast these days that everytime I log on it takes me well over 2 hours to catch up on all the posts. By then I'm too tired to write the reviews that I logged on to actually write! Laughing So, I promised myself that I'm going to catch up on a few of them today and then some more next weekend.

Here goes. I had a few samples of the Ultra Sensitive Face Block and decided to open them all up and transfer them to a little jar and use it for a few days to see how I go with it. I must say I really like this but the Murad tinted sunblock is still my preference over this one.

The Ultra Sensitive Face Block is a pretty light textured sun block (one that can double as a moisturiser for me in summer) which has a nice natural tint to it. This will not give you any coverage but if you are really pale like me then it gives you a nice healthy glow. Unlike many sunblocks, this one is very easily absorbed into the skin and no blending in necessary. It also leaves my skin looking "dewy" rather than oily (I've got normal skin at the moment). I've had not problems with breakouts or anything of the sort while using this and have had no problems with using this around the eye area. All in all - very good for a sunblock.

In comparison, the Murad Oil-Free sunblock has a much lighter texture than the Dermalogica one but it also lacks a bit in the SPF stakes - SPF15 rather than SPF25. The color of the two products is almost identical, with the Dermalogica one being maybe just a smidgeon darker. Once you put in on the skin though you'll see no difference (I had two of them side by side on my face). I really do prefer the texture of the Murad sun block - it is even faster absorbed than the Dermalogica one and leaves my face more matte looking. I also prefer it on the grounds of fragrance - I like the fragrance of the Murad one (although I recall someone here hating it and describing it as pepper which I really don't detect in it) while the Dermalogica smells a bit odd to me although I can't quite put my finger on it.

So, in my case, I'm sticking with the Murad (of which I have a full size)
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou for your review Mabsy. This might be a silly question but do you need to use moisturiser aswell as the Murad. If so do you use it beforehand?
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rosewater and welcome Smile

At the moment with Brisbane being as hot and humid as it is I don't really need anything underneath it but I still use Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel underneath anyway because it's so light and I really like it Smile I could get away with nothing I guess but I do use a vitamin C serum so I like to have some moisture on top even if I don't actually feel the need for it.
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
wow small world! I'm in Brisbane too. Thanks for your welcome. Very Happy

It's hard to keep anything on my face lately. It just keeps sweating off.
Mad Crying or Very sad
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Small world indeed! Smile DebL is from Bris as well Wink

Today's a shocker in terms of weather, as was yesterday and even late last night. I'd highly recommend to you Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel or Valmont Bio-Cellular Serum or Kosmea Rosehip Serum, or/and the Murad sunblock, Jurlique Rose Spray for "refreshment", and just some mineral makeup. Anything else is bound to melt off my face this weekend Confused
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
How does the texture compare to Dermalogica's Sheer Tint Moisturizer?

Liz
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
How does the texture compare to Dermalogica's Sheer Tint Moisturizer?

I finished my tube of the Sheer Tint a while ago so I can't compare exactly but I'd say that the Sheer Tint and the Ultra Sensitive Face Block are very close in texture, but with the Sheer Tint being more moisturising and the Ultra Sensitive Face Block giving a more matte result. The Sheer Tint smells *way* better though.
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I can see that this forum is going to make my credit card run away screaming Laughing Laughing

I'm new to this whole 'serum' thing. I have started to use Kosmea's Organic Rose Hip Oil on my face at night. Is that a serum? I've been using this before putting moisturiser on. I've only been doing this at night time because of the heat. (mind you last night was very hot) Mad

I've recently hit 28 and have had a shocking realisation that my skin just isn't what it used to be. I need to re-adjust my skin care routine. So please bare with me I need educating Very Happy

I can't wait to get my BE mineral makeup because it sounds nice and light which will be ideal for hot weather.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
rosewater,

I freaked at 25 when I saw my nasty frown lines starting. I think all the care I've been taking the last 6 months has helped...The ladies on here are super helpful. Only they make you want to buy everything..
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

I forgot to ask. Have you tried the skinceuticals sunblock? How do the 2 compare?
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I think the main thing with my skin is it's oily, so for years I've been using moisturisers for oily skin. So now that I'm getting older I still have oily skin but it is dehydrated at the same time. Mad Crying or Very sad
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
rosewater wrote:
I'm new to this whole 'serum' thing. I have started to use Kosmea's Organic Rose Hip Oil on my face at night. Is that a serum? I've been using this before putting moisturiser on. I've only been doing this at night time because of the heat. (mind you last night was very hot)

Nope, the serum is their new product. Not oily at all and sinks right in leaving the skin really smooth and matte. When using the rose hip oil make sure that you are putting it on damp (as opposed to dry) skin if you're not already doing that.

rosewater wrote:
I've recently hit 28 and have had a shocking realisation that my skin just isn't what it used to be.

I'm heading there shortly and I hope I won't get hit by the same realisation Laughing

Lianne - I've used the Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense sunblock before but I haven't tried the other SC ones. Again, hard to compare as it's been a while since I used it but the Ultimate is pretty thick in the tube but it still gets absorbed nicely. Even though it's not tinted, it does not leave a white cast either. In terms of moisture....hmmmmm.... sorry can't remember but I was using a moisturiser with it so it couldn't have been too moisturising.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
thanks mabsy. I'm looking at getting some SC stuff and wanted to know about the moisturizer. I've read good stuff...but I always like hearing your opinion Very Happy Probably b/c you've tried almost everything
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed Not EVERYTHING...

No probs Lianne. Just remember - different people, different skin, different results (felt I should add that disclaimer in there in case you don't like something I raved about Laughing ).
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I did say ALMOST everything Smile

I've liked almost all your recommendations that I've tried so far....wasn't fond of the yonka, but the rest have been good! Especially the kiss me mascara
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Ive never really bothered with sun block. Mainly because here in the North East of England, we dont see a lot of sun, and when we do, Im usually at work. Sad I did get a Clinique Sunscreen last year which was sheer but I hardly used it. I have developed patches of pigmentation now on my cheeks and in the summer my upper lip and chin seem slightly darker. I'll definately be using something this year once the weather turns, whether I sit out or not. I dont know how you ladies survive really hot climates....
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
cindi...considering you're a bit lazy like me maybe find a moisturizer with sunblock already in it..or try the JI foundations. The minerals block the sun too. That would work for everyday stuff...But you should still layer one on if you're going to be outside more than just walking to and from the car.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Do the bare escentuals have a spf in. And lianne - HOW DARE YOU call me lazy Shock Shock At the very least call me bone idle Laughing Laughing
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I'm lazy...and stupid for calling you lazy.

i'm not sure it BE has sunscreen properties. Someone out there will know and tell ya though!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I was just twicking you lianne Wink Wink
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm lazy Embarassed that's why I ordered some BE. It says the foundation has natural spf 15. Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
welcome to the lazy club rosewater. Very Happy Thanks for the info on the BE
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I personally love the product.. haven't used it in a bit.. well maybe cause i don't have any. but i'm planning on gettting some sooooon.. i have very sensative skin. and with using this product it really does calm the skin not right away but when i look at my skin at the end of the day.. it's so healthy looking redness is down big time and looks even toned.. even helps calm down any acne.. i love it.. Great review mabsy
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ive just ordered this Mabsy so I'll let you know how it goes.... not that we get alot of sun, but will try and get into the habit of applying it anyway...
Mabsy

Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Looking forward to reading your review Cindi!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |