Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: JUARA Turmeric Antioxidant Facial Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I received a 1 oz free sample of this mask from EDS and I have to say it is one of the best masks I have used. This is the description from the EDS website:
Quote:
Daily stress and environmental toxins can damage our skin, leaving it tired, dull, and vulnerable to an accelerated aging process. This unique treatment mask detoxifies, brightens, and strengthens the skin in one single application. A special complex of turmeric, known as one of the most powerful antioxidants in Indonesian medicine and used for centuries as a remedy for various skin and health ailments, helps neutralize environmental toxins in the skin and fortifies it through a concentrated detoxifying infusion. This mask is fragrance-free and suitable for all skin types.

The mask is light brown in colour and although the description says that it is fragrance-free, I found that when I opened the jar, I had a flashback of high school art class. I can't put my finger on exactly what the smell reminds me of, acrylic paint, modeling clay? Whatever it is, it is not an unpleasant smell. The mask has a thick, smooth, creamy texture and is easily applied to the face, which was a surprise, because other masks that I have tried with kaolin clay have been very thick and hard to apply a smooth layer.

You are to leave the mask on for 10-15 mins, but I left it on for about 20-30 mins, since I'm usually in the tub reading a book when I use my masks. I did feel a slight tingling sensation at first which the directions say is normal. The mask did not completely harden so it was not uncomfortable leaving it on that long. When I rinsed it off, my skin looked brighter, cleaner, and felt fresh and moisturized. I fell in love with this mask the first time I used it and haven't changed my thoughts after using it for a month, so I will definitely be ordering a full size of this mask. The price is good, only $46 for a 4oz jar. My 1 oz jar will give me about 8-10 masks, so the 4oz jar will last me a long time.

There is also a website listed on the jar, although I haven't yet had a chance to check it out yet. www.juaraskincare.com
I give this mask a 5 out of 5.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Kaolin Clay, Candlenut (Aleurites Moluccana) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Myristyl Myristate Tetrahydrocurcuminoids, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carrot (Daucus Carota Sativa) Seed Oil, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Hydroxyethylacrlyate/Sodium Acryloyldimetheytaurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Polysorbate 60
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Juara Turmeric Antioxidant Facial Mask (85 g / 3 oz)
Juara Turmeric Antioxidant Facial Mask (85 g / 3 oz)

Daily stress and environmental toxins can damage our skin, leaving it tired, dull, and vulnerable to an accelerated aging process. This unique treatment mask detoxifies, brightens, and strengthens the skin in one single application.

Replaced by {{16225}}.

CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Another Juara product to put on my list! Turmeric is such a good antioxidant and I'm glad you were able to review this for skincareaddicted.
I'm really intrigued by the ingredients the Juara line uses in their products. And did I mention I like their eyecream? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Diana!

YEs, thanks for the review! Just one problem though, where is the turmeric in the ingredient list??? I looked up its latin name "curcuma longa" and other common names which include turmeric root, Indian saffron but don't see it in the ingredient list?

~K

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Kristen: I looked it up and Tetrahydrocurcuminoids is derived from turmeric roots.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Oh awesome thanks S!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review! This reminds me of the time that I read in a health magazine that turmeric was good for the skin when applied topically. So, before I went to bed, I took my organic turmeric spice jar and powdered my face and neck with the turmeric, lightly pressing/tapping it in with pads of my fingers. I woke up late the next morning and rushed to go to work. In the shower, I realized that my hands were yellow, the color of the turmeric. I scrubbed and scrubbed, no good. I had to go to work with my hands, neck, and face tinged yellow. Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
i also received this as a free gift from EDS. i only used it once so far. The smell is interesting, it's not something i hate, but i agree with Diana P, it does remind me of some sort of art class Laughing

it stings a little bit when it's first applied, but it disappears after a few minutes. it's a very smooth soft paste, almost like peanut butter that's been sitting in the sun too long. After washing it off, my skin felt smooth and glowing. I will have to use it a few more times to see if i like it enough to buy it full size (or ask for another free one Laughing )

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Diana P; I like this masque. It's not too thick so it is very easy to rinse off.

There is a slight stinging but nothing too uncomfortable. I am also considering ordering this when my sample finishes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
Thanks for the review! This reminds me of the time that I read in a health magazine that turmeric was good for the skin when applied topically. So, before I went to bed, I took my organic turmeric spice jar and powdered my face and neck with the turmeric, lightly pressing/tapping it in with pads of my fingers. I woke up late the next morning and rushed to go to work. In the shower, I realized that my hands were yellow, the color of the turmeric. I scrubbed and scrubbed, no good. I had to go to work with my hands, neck, and face tinged yellow. Shock

Jeannie--my mom used to rub the root all over my face to avoid any melasma when she was pregnant with me and she said turmeric gave her such a beautiful glow but yes it stains the skin for a long time. i tried a few years ago too Wink .

5% products discount

Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I purchased the Juara Tumeric Antioxidant Face Mask several weeks ago and just love it. I am amazed at how soft my skin feels after using this – and how long that softness lasts, I’m talking days, which is unusual for me despite using moisturizer. I apply it and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes while I do something else and when I rinse it off WOW. My skin glows and did I mention it is really, really soft! This will definitely be a repurchase for me. I am going to try other products in this line as well. The Sweet Black Tea Eye Cream has been calling my name, I think it is time I answered!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I have the mask on right now. It does tingle a bit which surprised me so I came on to EDS to read what others have to say. I agree about the art clayish smell - funny how smells bring back memories. I'll post more after I've used it more often (and finish this round).

Just so people know, I'm on Juara's mailing list and they sent me info that their travel pack of sample sizes is sold out on their site but is available on QVC at the intro price of $35 (regularly $45) so I splurged because I've been interested in this line since I first heard of it on EDS.

JUARA Glow-on-the-Go 5-Piece Travel Kit
REGULAR PRICE: $45
QVC.COM SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE: $34.98
QVC SKU #: A81677 www.QVC.com
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.aol_refer.false.tpl.detail.msn_refer.false.item.A81677.ref.L04?

Featuring our 5 best selling products in a convenient and generous sized Kit.
Contains travel-sizes of our best selling:
- Rice Facial Cleanser
- Tamarind Tea Hydrating Toner - (alcohol-free liquid hydration that improves performance of your moisturizer!)
- Sweet Black Tea & Rice Facial Moisturizer
- Turmeric Antioxidant Facial Mask
- Candlenut Hand & Body Balm

Also, Juara announced that Juara's founder, Metta Murdaya will be on QVC:
Saturday, April 12th, 4AM - 5AM (EST)
BEAUTY BEAT SHOW

I bought the travel pack before any reviews were posted on QVC. But that's another feature I like about QVC, real people's reviews! There are now 5 reviews for the travel kit posted as of today (every one a 5 out of 5 stars!!!)... QVC customer reviews of the Juara turmeric mask -- so far there are 6 and all are 5 out of 5 stars as well!

So far, I haven't used everything. Just now trying the mask. My comments so far: The candlenut cream is quite nice and absorbs quickly but is very moisturizing. It's a bit expensive but I could see splurging on this. The rice face cream felt good and you just need a little if you spritz your face first with water (or not). It actually felt like it tightened my skin - felt like some "active" action there!

I figure if I like any of the products enough, I can get the full size here at EDS - and also get a EDS member discount too! Thanks EDS!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/juara-organic-skin-care.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
OK, can I say wow! Shock Although this mask has clay in it it is not drying. I had it on for more than 20 minutes (got caught up in a phone call) and my skin was still moist. It's about an hour later now and my pores are SO MUCH smaller (less noticeable, you know what I mean).

I will continue to use up the travel size but, so far, it looks like I may have to splurge on a full size of this!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
A friend of mine used this mask and told me it was the best mask she had ever tried.

She has dry skin so i think thats why this was suitable

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have just placed my order and can't wait for it to arrive, will post review afterwards. Thanks you ladies for the nice reviews.
may2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I also want to try it.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
dsq wrote:
i also received this as a free gift from EDS. i only used it once so far. The smell is interesting, it's not something i hate, but i agree with Diana P, it does remind me of some sort of art class Laughing

it stings a little bit when it's first applied, but it disappears after a few minutes. it's a very smooth soft paste, almost like peanut butter that's been sitting in the sun too long. After washing it off, my skin felt smooth and glowing. I will have to use it a few more times to see if i like it enough to buy it full size (or ask for another free one Laughing )

Dsq, did you feel it has any lifting effect?
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried this once, it may be too strong for me, i found it hurts (I got a wound besides the nose). will try again this week to see if I will feel better.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've used this mask about 5 times now and don't really see that much of a difference in my skin after using it. It does sting a bit when i use it.
Its an ok mask and is probably good for those with dry skin, since i found it hydrated my skin well.
havana8

Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
EDS just added the Glow on the Go 5-piece travel kit which includes this mask. Very Happy Also a 3-Bar Candlenut Soap Set, the description of which sounds divine, "The scent includes an exotic Indonesian bouquet of lush greens, delicate Freesia, white blooming Jasmine, sparkling Bergamot and gentle Rose with a hint of fresh Coconut reminiscent of a day at a secluded, tropical beach." *swoon*

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/juara-glow-on-the-go-trav-p_10170.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/juara-candlenut-soap-set-p_10169.htm
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:20 am      Reply with quote
I love the mask of JUARA.But I didn't try the Tumeric Antioxidant Face Mask.I also like to add it in my wish list. Razz
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I love Juara products. I have the coffee scrub and it smells wonderful (although you have to watch all the little grouts staining your towels or shower curtain Embarassed ) Turmeric (curcumin) is a very powerful antioxidant that I take every day in capsule form. It will be interesting to see how the mask works. BTW does anyone know how to pronounce "Juara"? I thought it was Spanish so have always said "hwarah" but at Beautymark here in Vancouver, they say "Jew-arra."
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Juara is based on indonesian botanicals, Antonia. According to their website, the pronunciation is joo/ah/rah.

Did you try the Turmeric Mask yet?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
RileyGirl, So Joo-ah-ra it is Smile I tried this mask two nights ago. Actually, I was a little disapppointed. I think I expected a little more excitement! It seemed to have an odour of linseed oil, which isn't my favourite. I imagined it would be more spicy and exotic. My skin wasn't noticeably different after use either. (I'm utterly hung up on Cosmesis' Anti-aging mask which smells wonderful, and Juice Beauty's Green Apple Peel, both of which make my skin very smooth and glowy.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, Antonia. I guess I will pass on this mask for now!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Oh don't listen to me! It looks very pretty sitting on the loo...and it may just work perfectly for other skin types. I usually use my masks in the bath and like the aromatherapy thing going on. It's certainly high in antioxidants. If you want a really amazing scent - all fresh and natural yet soothing and "warm" try the Cosmesis Anti-aging mask. I ordered mine from LEF. It will be a repeat buy for me. It contains neroli and probably also vanilla. It looks like thick custard. Adtually, I shouls write a review on it. Can you write reviews on products that aren't carried by EDS?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |