Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review Revitalash....7 months later
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I thought it might be useful for some folks to hear about my experience using Revitalash. I started using it last Feb 07. Unfortunately it made my eyes so dry I had to stop using it after about 6 weeks. On the bright side, by then my lashes were getting longer and with mascara on, they were outrageously lush! Although I stopped using it, they continued to grow. Now it's Aug 07 and just recently I've noticed my lashes have thinned quite a bit (but not much different than they were before I ever tried the serum) and they are definitely not as long...so I've taken the tube back out (that I've stored in the frig) and started using it again. My plan is to use it for 6 weeks, then lay off again. This time after applying it, I am trying to ensure as little as possible slips into my eyes so I squeeze my eyes closed with a napkin gently inbetween to absorb any excess. (I do apply sparingly.) Then I put an eye lubricant (Systane) in my eye. So far so good. I didn't think to put the tube of Revitalash in the frig until a few months ago, but it seems to be ok. Anyway...the crux of the story is, that after 6 wks of using Revitalash, then quiting, I had long lashes that lasted about 5 1/2 months.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
RevitaLash (4.1 ml / 0.139 floz)
RevitaLash (4.1 ml / 0.139 floz)

Revitalash® is a unique eyelash conditioner that will help you achieve the natural beauty of Longer, Thicker, Fuller looking eyelashes. A very small amount of Revitalash® is applied once a day. No matter how brittle, short, fragile, thin or sparse your eyelashes are, Revitalash® can help you achieve your very own long, beautiful, healthy looking lashes.

lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
well the good thing about jan marini and RL is that it will give you fantastic lashes but the down side is that lashes go through a growth cycle and at some point they will appear to drop some of the long ones and then once again they come back. I have used JM every night because I have been afraid not to.I put just a very tiny amount....a little goes a long way.So far I have been using the original formula since Nov 16th its been 9 months and I have used it every night.Its good to know that you dont really have to use it every night if you dont want to. I found I got less irritation if I just put a tiny amount on.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
well the good thing about jan marini and RL is that it will give you fantastic lashes but the down side is that lashes go through a growth cycle and at some point they will appear to drop some of the long ones and then once again they come back. I have used JM every night because I have been afraid not to.I put just a very tiny amount....a little goes a long way.So far I have been using the original formula since Nov 16th its been 9 months and I have used it every night.Its good to know that you dont really have to use it every night if you dont want to. I found I got less irritation if I just put a tiny amount on.

I've now gone through one of the 'shedding' periods, and have to say it's not as bad as you guys make it out to be! It's not really a downside at all, just a very temporary lack of ultimate 'lushness,' since i found that other lashes were well on their way to growing, and faster than usual, right behind the other ones that were falling out. it is true i lost some of the super long ones i had for months, but after two weeks they are back again. honestly, the amazing gift of have long, thick, lush lashes most of the time is worth all the trouble, except for those who have an adverse reaction to the product. I've never had even a slight irritation, which makes me think that mountain girl was using too much? I literally just paint a very thin stripe across my lash line and my lashes have grown considerably, and continue to do so!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Revitalash for almost a month and my lashes have maybe grown a little, but not all that much. Is it supposed to take this long? I am worried about applying more product because occasionally I get a little irritation (not too bad though) and figure if I apply more I'll get really irritated. Has anyone had it take this long for results?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
charis, don't apply more product, in fact just use very little. you have to be patient--you won't see very noticeable results for another couple months!
At least that is what happened with RL. I began using it in April, and when i went back home to visit my friends and family in the US, literally everyone was asking me if I got eyelash extensions. My boyfriend, who like a typical man never notices things like this, could not stop wondering at my lashes, exclaiming, but how did it work so well? he even claimed that they were "frightening." I think au contraire:
I recently did makeup for a wedding, and had extra fake individual lashes to put on, and decided I didn't need them at all!
and this, from a previously very punily endowed gal, lash-wise. They are lusher, longer, and thicker, and darker!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks avalange! I will just continue to apply it and wait more patiently! My hair has always grown slowly, so I guess my lashes do too. I will be amazed if they hit the "frightening" stage!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange...the irritaion is caused by one of the ingredients in the Revitalash...it's a sodium something-or-other. It is a drying agent. (The glaucoma ingredient however, is not causing the eye dryness.) I apply the smallest amount very painstakingly to the lash line, so I know it isn't about the amount. I do have a problem with dry eyes anyway, so that one ingredient can be a problem for me. Hell, I'll suffer for the longer lashes! Its par for the course Eh? Glad to hear your lashes are FABULOUS!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:09 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Avalange...the irritaion is caused by one of the ingredients in the Revitalash...it's a sodium something-or-other. It is a drying agent. (The glaucoma ingredient however, is not causing the eye dryness.) I apply the smallest amount very painstakingly to the lash line, so I know it isn't about the amount. I do have a problem with dry eyes anyway, so that one ingredient can be a problem for me. Hell, I'll suffer for the longer lashes! Its par for the course Eh? Glad to hear your lashes are FABULOUS!

Sorry MG, didn't meant to insinuate you were applying incorrectly or haphazardly!
when I read this:
Quote:
This time after applying it, I am trying to ensure as little as possible slips into my eyes so I squeeze my eyes closed with a napkin gently inbetween to absorb any excess. (I do apply sparingly.)
, I figured you were applying too much, because I never have even the remotest problem with it getting anywhere near my eyes when I apply it, and certainly there is never any excess. I think I use so little--just enough to paint a thin line that would never drip across the lash line.
I just want to convey my practice because even my scant application yielded amazing results, and I want everyone to know that they can conserve the amount of product they use and avoid possible irritation (I know that some are just simply irritated by the product, no doubt)!

I hope you are able to stick with it, and let us know!

--avalange

lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:35 am      Reply with quote
yes avalange you are right that the "shedding"is not bad at all, its not as if you lose all your lashes, you just lose some and your lashes still look good so noone has to fear that period...just know that you may go through it and its a normal cycle., its temporary.
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using revitalash for over a couple months now and do not have near the great results I had with the old formula JM. I never had super incredible results with JM like some people, but definitely better than revitalash. I keep hoping it will kick in and work!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Lucky you! I used RL for 2 months and my lashes didn't grow all that much (based on the pics I diligently took every so often). The iritation to my eyes stopped when I switched to Lush Lash, but after 3 months, all my long lashes fell off. It's been almost 2 months now, and my lashes have not grown back to the Lush Lash length. I think my lashes are really stubborn.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:59 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Lucky you! I used RL for 2 months and my lashes didn't grow all that much (based on the pics I diligently took every so often). The iritation to my eyes stopped when I switched to Lush Lash, but after 3 months, all my long lashes fell off. It's been almost 2 months now, and my lashes have not grown back to the Lush Lash length. I think my lashes are really stubborn.

oh no! i once looked at your beautiful pic with long lashes and i've been so jealous!!! so what do you think went wrong? the RL or the LL???
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
daydreamingda wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

oh no! i once looked at your beautiful pic with long lashes and i've been so jealous!!! so what do you think went wrong? the RL or the LL???

I think as Carrie explained this in another thread, your lashes that get stimulated by a growth serum will eventually fall out as part of a normal shedding process. Normally you don't shed all your lashes at the same time, so you don't notice it. But when your lashes get stimulated by a super growth serum like RL, JM, or LL, they grow at about the same time, and so they fall out at the same time. It makes sense. Maybe in my case, it takes a longer time for me to grow them back again? I remember I started using RL on Jan 4, and by 3/20 something, my lashes didn't look all that long. Then I switched to LL at the end of March, and by May my lashes started to get that long. Then they started to fall out one by one in June. By July, they were all gone. Now I'm back to regrowing them. So maybe by September, they'll grow back to that length.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:08 am      Reply with quote
well bkgirl its good to know you were getting positive results from LL. I have some but I keep it in the refrigerator and its not with my other supplies in the bathroom so i keep forgetting to use it,I should buy one of those super mini refridgerators and keep it in my bathroom.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
good luck, bkkgirl!!! i look forward to your good news on your long lashes again soon (pls do let us know!!)

I've been using LL serum religiously (day and nite) for abt a mth now... yet to see results. I am waiting patiently... hope my long lashes will come one day!!! Cool
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
well bkgirl its good to know you were getting positive results from LL. I have some but I keep it in the refrigerator and its not with my other supplies in the bathroom so i keep forgetting to use it,I should buy one of those super mini refridgerators and keep it in my bathroom.

Hi Lucy,
I think a mini fridge in the bathroom is a great idea. I bought a 4 cu.ft. fridge and put it in my office/family room next to my master bedroom. I don't forget to use the LL but I forget to put it back. Now that the weather is so hot, I hope it's still ok.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
daydreamingda wrote:
good luck, bkkgirl!!! i look forward to your good news on your long lashes again soon (pls do let us know!!)

I've been using LL serum religiously (day and nite) for abt a mth now... yet to see results. I am waiting patiently... hope my long lashes will come one day!!! Cool

Oh I have no doubt, you would see results! Be patient and take pics every month from the same angle. I think it takes 2 months, and then all of a sudden the lashes just seem to start growing. Mine are already starting to grow again. Maybe my lashes take longer than most other people, so yours might not take 2 months. Hang in there! I also wasn't using it in the morning, just at night. Good luck!
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

Oh I have no doubt, you would see results! Be patient and take pics every month from the same angle. I think it takes 2 months, and then all of a sudden the lashes just seem to start growing. Mine are already starting to grow again. Maybe my lashes take longer than most other people, so yours might not take 2 months. Hang in there! I also wasn't using it in the morning, just at night. Good luck!

That's encouraging!! thx!!

my only concern is that it seems like you guys (including carrie herself) have used JM/RL prior to LL... I wonder if i should use JM/RL for a few weeks/mths before i start using LL??
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
daydreamingda wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

That's encouraging!! thx!!

my only concern is that it seems like you guys (including carrie herself) have used JM/RL prior to LL... I wonder if i should use JM/RL for a few weeks/mths before i start using LL??

How long has it been since you started using LL? I didn't see much results from using RL, and the dry eye problem wasn't worth it. I think if you keep at it for at least two months, you should start to see results. Sometimes you might need even 3 months. Even JM and RL mentioned that in their brochures. Some lashes take longer than others. Mine seem to be those that take longer. lol Don't forget to take pics.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it for a mth... and of course, i am still waiting patiently... but my concern is that JM/RL seem to have that "mysterious" ingredient for latanoprost LL doesnt have. I am just wondering if one would need JM/RL to sort of "kick start" the growth before using LL for long term use...

my digital camera is not working... i've tried to take pic using my mobile phone... but of course, can hardly focus! but i've tried to measured the eyelashes that fell off BEFORE using LL... so i guess i can still compare then later?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
daydreamingda wrote:
I've been using it for a mth... and of course, i am still waiting patiently... but my concern is that JM/RL seem to have that "mysterious" ingredient for latanoprost LL doesnt have. I am just wondering if one would need JM/RL to sort of "kick start" the growth before using LL for long term use...

my digital camera is not working... i've tried to take pic using my mobile phone... but of course, can hardly focus! but i've tried to measured the eyelashes that fell off BEFORE using LL... so i guess i can still compare then later?

You need to get a new camera ASAP! LOL

You should ask Carrie if there's anyone who used her LL who never used RL/JM before. I really don't know if my RL jump-started anything since when I looked at the pic I took before I switched to LL in March, my lashes were still short. They still looked short in April. It was only in May that they started to look decent. My right lashes are also more stubborn and they don't seem to grow as fast.

I read an article that someone put good ole Vaseline in her lids and lashes, and after a year, her lashes grew much longer and lusher. So I'm trying that, too. It can't hurt, right?
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Vaseline???!!!!! well... i would doubt it... i thought i saw some other reviews that some said vaseline is not ven gd for skin... would tht be risky to put it on your eye lid? (with skin so fragile)

another problem of my lashes is not only length problem, i dun have a lot of lashes to start with... I heard by using RL/JM, u might get 2-3 lashes in each folicle? i wonder if LL would do the same trick...?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I second that. ICK! I don't believe vaseline is good for skin or lashes!
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using RL for 2 months, so glad that it works for me! Very Happy
cchan2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:38 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I thought it might be useful for some folks to hear about my experience using Revitalash. I started using it last Feb 07. Unfortunately it made my eyes so dry I had to stop using it after about 6 weeks. On the bright side, by then my lashes were getting longer and with mascara on, they were outrageously lush! Although I stopped using it, they continued to grow. Now it's Aug 07 and just recently I've noticed my lashes have thinned quite a bit (but not much different than they were before I ever tried the serum) and they are definitely not as long...so I've taken the tube back out (that I've stored in the frig) and started using it again. My plan is to use it for 6 weeks, then lay off again. This time after applying it, I am trying to ensure as little as possible slips into my eyes so I squeeze my eyes closed with a napkin gently inbetween to absorb any excess. (I do apply sparingly.) Then I put an eye lubricant (Systane) in my eye. So far so good. I didn't think to put the tube of Revitalash in the frig until a few months ago, but it seems to be ok. Anyway...the crux of the story is, that after 6 wks of using Revitalash, then quiting, I had long lashes that lasted about 5 1/2 months.

I love your review. It answer all my concerns with this product.

One more thing tho, did you notice if your eyelash tend to fall out more with the product and after you stopped using it? Because with some eyelash growth serum, your lashes tend to fall out more during and after use.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |