Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DIY : Does Anyone know how to DIY Coffee Scrub?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I've read that the spas have used coffee as a secret ingredient in body scrubs. They said the grounds help exfoliate old skin cells, while the caffeine can help minimize the appearance of cellulite.

I am so interesting and I love Coffee Laughing
I wondering if anyone here knows how to make coffee scrub?

TIA
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I know how I make one....

I mix the grounds (use them within a couple of hours of brewing) with olive oil. I get into the shower and scrub away, then I turn on the water and rinse. It makes a heck of a mess in the shower for sure!! BUT it does feel nice on the skin. I do this every couple of weeks - alternating with a salt scrub I make, as well.

I also, occasionally, scrub my face with coffee grounds. I mix with a little bit of cleansing oil and scrub away... feels really good and the grounds are not harsh on your skin.

By the way, the coffee smell does not linger on your skin.
suemantanes

Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
if you want you can purchase the caffeen eo from gardenofwisdom . com
she will also help you with recepe as well just email markey

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jira

I dont make a coffee scrub but I do make a sugar scrub. Coffee sounds excellent but its a lot more hassle than just sugar and oil Very Happy . Here's a recipe that I found in my notes:

5 teaspoons of ground coffee
1 teaspoon of sugar or salt
2 teaspoons of avocado oil

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, Thanks for sharing Very Happy

damblues : I have one more question, How long do you keep that scrub on your skin before washing it ... TIA
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Jira wrote:

damblues : I have one more question, How long do you keep that scrub on your skin before washing it ... TIA

Not long, I just scrub it in and, of course, it sits while I move on to other parts of my body. Once I get my whole body covered, then I rinse off. I use it like I use any other scrub.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Hi Jira

I dont make a coffee scrub but I do make a sugar scrub. Coffee sounds excellent but its a lot more hassle than just sugar and oil Very Happy . Here's a recipe that I found in my notes:

5 teaspoons of ground coffee
1 teaspoon of sugar or salt
2 teaspoons of avocado oil

HTH

Thank you yeahyeah for your recipe. Very Happy
I changed some of the ingredients. I don't have Avocado oil so I used Apricot oil instead. I used Honey instead of Sugar because I've plenty of honey. Wink
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
damblues wrote:
Jira wrote:

Not long, I just scrub it in and, of course, it sits while I move on to other parts of my body. Once I get my whole body covered, then I rinse off. I use it like I use any other scrub.

Thanks damblues Very Happy
I did it the way you described. I tried it early this evening right after dnner. I like it after I rinse it off, I can feel that my skin so soft. Thank you Dancing
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Great. Glad you like it. It does make a mess but feels really good. Of course, any exfoliator and oil probably makes the skin feel good!! Laughing At least the coffee is not a rough exfoliator. They say it is good for cellulite - although I have not used it enough or paid attention to see if it made a difference.

Deb
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
From the DIY Recipes Index, here's a recipe for a DIY version of Lush's "Buffy the Back-side Slayer" cellulite scrub:

guapagirl wrote:
For a superior version of lush's buffy: (especially for Mabsy)

60% cocoa butter (get fair trade organic and unrefined)
40% shea butter (as above)

place over a very low heat, I do mine on top of the stove when the oven is on. The rising heat is enough. Otherwise use a bain marie.

When butters have melted together add fresh coffee. You want the finest ground you can get or it may be too harsh on the old arse. Add about 1/4 of total weight. E.g. if you have 40g of melted butter, add 10 g of coffee. Leave to set, stirring periodically to stop the coffee sinking to the bottom.

Whilst still soft, pour into molds (plastic choc mousse pots are good) and leave to set.

If you want more abraision, melt down and add more coffee, if you want less, melt and add more cocoa /shea mix.

To use

apply to warm damp skin. Massage the bar over the area to be treated and then continue massaging with the hands. Rinse off, making sure there is no coffee grounds trapped in any ...erm ... hairs Rolling Eyes
Pat dry. You are now super smooth, well moisturised and smell divine Very Happy

You can find more scrub body scrub recipes in the DIY Recipes Index at this link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks carekate ,, very helpful Very Happy
emmerv

Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Lush version is actually made with ground almonds, rice and aduki beans so it might be worth substituting the coffee for these.

They also add lavender and lemon oil.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |