Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
help: ugly, dry feet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:55 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Now that I'm older and truly understand the function of a douche bag, I'm HORRIFIED to remember that -- because my mom left her's hanging from a hook in the shower/tub to dry after use -- I used to grab hold of the part that you actually insert inside you (vaginal pipe) and pretended it was a microphone when I'd be singing and fulling around while having my bubblebath at night. If I'd realized where that thing had been, there's no way on God's green earth that I would have touched it, let alone held it anywhere near my mouth. Even 30+ years later, I feel the urgent need to gargle with bleach or something to sterlize my mouth!!!!

urgh! although it sounds a bit gross.... i cant help LAUGHING!!!!!!! hahaha...

sorry carrie! i hope u feel alright? Embarassed
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
i remembered this thread from a few weeks ago, and am bumping it again after a great treatment i had at my nail salon today whilst getting a pedicure. my nail tech remarked on my dry heels after a long summer in flip flops, and asked if she could try a new product on me called "heel callous peel". she put AHA-soaked pads on my heels and wrapped them in plastic/cling-film for 10 mins, then came the miracle - with a sort of plastic scalpel, she then scraped off ALL of the hard skin on my heels, revealing perfectly smooth baby-like skin. she then put on a very rich moisturiser and 5 hours later i'm still in shock by the dramatic change in my feet. all i know about this product is that it is distrubuted here in the uk by a company called beauty select, but a bit of googling hasn't turned up much. i reckon i could do this at home rather than pay salon prices - has anyone heard of it? so many products promise so much, but few deliver particularly after the very first use - but this did.

* apologies if this was mentioned earlier in the thread ... i haven't had time to read through the 7 pages.
girlygirl
5% products discount

Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
My feet were the worst, bleeding cracks and all. I am total DIY girl (and new here, Hi everyone! javascript:emoticon('wave') ) My foot cream was a happy accident actually, I was concocting an eye cream and it turned out way to thick for my liking so I tweaked it more and hey it worked great on the feet. Seriously after using it on my feet nightly for two weeks all the cracks were healed and my feet looked wonderfully smooth and not all dried out. It wasn't just because I was putting something on them either because I have been trying out formulas on my feet forever. So heres what I did that worked for me....I made a super rich sheabutter cream and added in lots of glycolic, lactic and sodium lactate, hyaluronic and vitamin e into it and walla It works for me. I did use a pumice stone nightly after using the cream for a few days as it softened up the callus and now I use a pumice stone about twice a month along with getting regular pedicures every 6 weeks which I had always done. Anyways, I'm rambling here for a new poster so I'll shush now.....just wanted you all to know you dont have to live with ugly feet you can find something that works for you.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
girlygirl wrote:
My feet were the worst, bleeding cracks and all. I am total DIY girl (and new here, Hi everyone! javascript:emoticon('wave') ) My foot cream was a happy accident actually, I was concocting an eye cream and it turned out way to thick for my liking so I tweaked it more and hey it worked great on the feet. Seriously after using it on my feet nightly for two weeks all the cracks were healed and my feet looked wonderfully smooth and not all dried out. It wasn't just because I was putting something on them either because I have been trying out formulas on my feet forever. So heres what I did that worked for me....I made a super rich sheabutter cream and added in lots of glycolic, lactic and sodium lactate, hyaluronic and vitamin e into it and walla It works for me. I did use a pumice stone nightly after using the cream for a few days as it softened up the callus and now I use a pumice stone about twice a month along with getting regular pedicures every 6 weeks which I had always done. Anyways, I'm rambling here for a new poster so I'll shush now.....just wanted you all to know you dont have to live with ugly feet you can find something that works for you.

Hi girlygirl! Welcome to the forum!!

would you happen to have the percentage (or measurement?) of each ingredient you use?

I am so tempted to try it out!!!! Cool
girlygirl
5% products discount

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi daydreamingda
I'm away from the studio where I concoct and have the secret Wink recipe book for the next 24 hours but as soon as I get back I will be more than happy to share.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
girlygirl wrote:
Hi daydreamingda
I'm away from the studio where I concoct and have the secret Wink recipe book for the next 24 hours but as soon as I get back I will be more than happy to share.

That would be GREAT! thx in advance!!!
girlygirl
5% products discount

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Here is what I have written down in my recipe book for this cream.
17 oz of my cuticle butter base
32 oz of my shea butter cream base
1 oz of lactic acid
1 oz of sodium lactate
1 Tablespoon of 70% glycolic
1 tsp of salicylic
1 tsp green tea extract
6 oz of IPM isopropyl myrastrate sp?
1 Tablespoon Hyalauronic

the cuticle base has a lot of beeswax in it so I have to melt it down into the shea butter cream and blend it until smooth, let it cool overnight and then come back in and add the acids. I also put lavender and tea tree in.
havana8

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
just noticed this in the New Products list… might be helpful?

Babor Feetness Callus Remover Fluid
Active concentrate softens and helps to slough off hard skin, softens rough areas of skin and successfully combats stubborn callouses, it promotes skin regeneration. Contains eucalyptus oil, blue cypress oil, aloe vera gel, salicylic acid, aluminium chlorohydrate (aluminium salt) and ethanol.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/babor-feetness-callus-rem-p_7527.htm
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:08 am      Reply with quote
girlygirl wrote:
Here is what I have written down in my recipe book for this cream.
17 oz of my cuticle butter base
32 oz of my shea butter cream base
1 oz of lactic acid
1 oz of sodium lactate
1 Tablespoon of 70% glycolic
1 tsp of salicylic
1 tsp green tea extract
6 oz of IPM isopropyl myrastrate sp?
1 Tablespoon Hyalauronic

the cuticle base has a lot of beeswax in it so I have to melt it down into the shea butter cream and blend it until smooth, let it cool overnight and then come back in and add the acids. I also put lavender and tea tree in.

Hi girlygirl, thx for the recipe!! but may i ask, where can i find "cuticle butter base"? what exactly is it?? Rolling Eyes
mylittlefairy

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
graceless_lady wrote:
i remembered this thread from a few weeks ago, and am bumping it again after a great treatment i had at my nail salon today whilst getting a pedicure. my nail tech remarked on my dry heels after a long summer in flip flops, and asked if she could try a new product on me called "heel callous peel". she put AHA-soaked pads on my heels and wrapped them in plastic/cling-film for 10 mins, then came the miracle - with a sort of plastic scalpel, she then scraped off ALL of the hard skin on my heels, revealing perfectly smooth baby-like skin. she then put on a very rich moisturiser and 5 hours later i'm still in shock by the dramatic change in my feet. all i know about this product is that it is distrubuted here in the uk by a company called beauty select, but a bit of googling hasn't turned up much. i reckon i could do this at home rather than pay salon prices - has anyone heard of it? so many products promise so much, but few deliver particularly after the very first use - but this did.

* apologies if this was mentioned earlier in the thread ... i haven't had time to read through the 7 pages.

Hi Graceless Lady,

I think I might be able to help you with the product that you are searching for.
I'm fairly sure that the product you are searching for is called Pedikur. QVC in the UK do a kit with the lotion & the cream.
The actual Pedikur lotion is very runny & is applied to cottonwool & then to your feet, which are then wrapped in clingfilm, left for about 15mins. You then unwrap them & scrape all the dead skin away.
The kit also has a rich herbal moisture that carries on the exfoliation process, & you are supposed to apply that for the next 5 days.
The application of the product can be very messy & better if you can persuade someone to do it for you.
Sorry won't let me post a link, but it will come up along with a video demo ,if you search on the QVC site
NJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
The best treatment for dry feet, is a $30 pedicure from Vo's Nails or your preferred nail salon. Once a month, I go to my nail salon and get a pedicure, I get nice nails and they exfoliate the soles of my feet. I maintain with gehwol treatment and thick socks at night.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
The cuticle butter base is just my recipe for cuticle butter, sorry for not including it. I have to whip up a batch of both concoctions this weekend so I'll post the entire recipe here for ya. I'd really love to make something like that aha pad that was mentioned. Anyone have luck with that formula?
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I use eulactol Heel Balm - it is cheap, you put it on under some socks in the morning and at night and your feet are great after about 1-2 weeks!
Maxi

Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All,

Mine is first my Conair Foot Bath, with a peppermint soak from Bath and Body

Then Mr. Pumice..(purple one) really works great

Then apply Qtica overnight Intense foot repair balm...

Really helps me with those dry/crack feet...no longer have them....

Maxi
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
If your feet are super dry, even cracking, that is a sign of omega deficiency. I recommend taking omega supplements Smile
smilefish2007
5% products discount

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Sangria1269 wrote:
If your feet are super dry, even cracking, that is a sign of omega deficiency. I recommend taking omega supplements Smile

I agree Smile
smilefish2007
5% products discount

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
actually, I have quite similar trouble( not so severe)

and L'occitane foot cream is really helpful, but I think that is due to the effect of shea butter
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I used Eucerin Aquaphor!!! My feet feels sooo soft the next day!!! Very Happy
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ooops! Forgot to mention that Eucerin Aquaphor is like 16 bucks Cdn for a BIG jar that will last you a long time! When I was pregnanct, I used it on my strech marks and it helped me with the itchiness!
Chloelee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried soaking my feet into hot water till they get red all over. use pumice and the dead skin is so easy to get off.

Massage with olive oil, dry them, and apply vaseline or a good body moisturizer. I didn't use lotions specific to feet.

Do this at least once a week. And my feet improved to feel smooth!

Also, try to wear less high-heels shoes. That helps a lot too Smile
AZGirl
5% products discount

Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
My worst part is the ball of my foot. Always catching on my bedclothes. I guess it's time to give them a little TLC. I'm thinking coconut oil would be as good as olive oil. Any thoughts.
poolean
5% products discount

Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I use west african shea butter, 10 bucks for a 6oz jar. It's raw and it really works so well for my feet. It called "Africa's healing butter". The smell is not that good, but you will get used to it.
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Chloelee wrote:
I have tried soaking my feet into hot water till they get red all over. use pumice and the dead skin is so easy to get off.

Massage with olive oil, dry them, and apply vaseline or a good body moisturizer. I didn't use lotions specific to feet.

Do this at least once a week. And my feet improved to feel smooth!

Also, try to wear less high-heels shoes. That helps a lot too Smile

I second this recommendation! And it's cheap to do as well. Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I started taking 100mg per day of Hyaluronic Acid about a month ago, and just like magic my dry crusty heels are soft and moist..I never expected that, but I must say it was a pleasant surprise.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
hotcakes
5% products discount

Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Earth Therapeutics moist foot socks is a natural product for foot repair.
Socks for sleeping beauties. These socks soften and repair feet overnight. They work with your body temperature to seal in and ease the penetration of emollients, gradually softening hard skin and calluses. Cotton (90%) and lycra (10%) blend breathes to keep feet cool and comfortable.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |